We all are emotionally attached to our Mi phones somehow, whether we believe it or not. |
Imagine a situation where your smart companion, unfortunately gets stolen, or you left it in a store or it just decided to to take a leave from your pocket and fly to a whole new place, whatever the reason may be but your phone is not with you and it has all your photos, emails, contacts, personal messages etc. What will you do then?
Call your phone?? expecting that someone kind hearted (maybe the theif himself) will pick up and answer you.
Your phone's guardian Angel will be MIUI 8 in this situation. This super security feature has the potential to give you a fair chance to find your lost phone on your own!
You can order your device to shout for you, to lock itself forever or to delete your data from its memory. The best part of this feature is that, all of this can be done remotely!! Now I would request you to KEEP CALM AND FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW.
1. Open "Settings"
temp.jpeg (895.35 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 04:53:36 Upload
2. Type "Find" in the search bar.
temp.jpeg (52.5 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:00:04 Upload
Just tap on the Find Device option that came in the results.
3. Tap on the "Find Device" to enable it.
temp.jpeg (166.95 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:03:53 Upload
If this is already enabled then just leave it like that. No need to tap again.
STEP 2 (You can use any device for these steps!)
1. Open www.i.mi.com from your browser and click on the marked option.
temp.jpeg (71.2 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:14:24 Upload
A new window will be opened asking for your login credentials.
temp.jpeg (38.04 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:17:19 Upload
NOW, IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR Mi ACCOUNT THEN YOU CAN SKIP TO STEP 4
THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE A Mi ACCOUNT
FOLLOW STEP 3.
NOTE: To skip these steps you can also choose
the "Sign in with facebook" option.
1. Choose the marked option.
temp.jpeg (40.07 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:25:08 Upload
2. Choose your country and then type your email address (which you are using in your phone)
temp.jpeg (54.42 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:28:43 Upload
3. Afterwards you'll be asked to choose a password for your account.
Type the password of your choice and submit it.
temp.jpeg (70.85 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:31:11 Upload
4. If you are using gmail a window will open like this. Select allow option.
temp.jpeg (68.32 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 06:08:38 Upload
CONGRATULATIONS, NOW YOU HAVE A Mi ACCOUNT!!
1. After logging in to your account you will see these options. Choose the find device option.
temp.jpeg (68.8 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:46:14 Upload
2. Now you'll be able to see the location of your mobile on your screen, along with the name of your device, the number of your sim cards. Select the online option to view more options available.
temp.jpeg (59.1 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:56:18 Upload
3. A new window will appear.
temp.jpeg (51.33 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 05:57:18 Upload
JUST CLICK ON THE CORRESPONDING ICONS TO SELECT AN OPTION. I'M ADDING SCREENSHOTS TO SHOW WHAT THESE OPTIONS ACTUALLY DO, SO THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO DECIDE WHICH ONE WILL BE THE MOST HELPFUL IN YOUR CASE.
temp.jpeg (33.8 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 06:00:01 Upload
temp.jpeg (53.77 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 06:00:13 Upload
temp.jpeg (41.21 KB, Downloads: 0)
2017-02-10 06:00:24 Upload
With this we come to the end of this tutorial. I hope I was able to help you understand this unique feature, and now you'll be able to use it to protect your data as well as your Mi device.
Thank you for reading this tutorial!