Edited by Kashish at 2016-06-20 09:45 PM |
Greetings, Mi Fans
Welcome to the Accessories Review Section of Mi community India!
This thread is to guide you all on the topic 'Writing Good Reviews of Accessories'
First of all, you should read: Accessories Rules & Regulations: Knowledge is Power .
Make sure that your review follows the Mi Community India Rules and Guidelines.
Good reviews will be highlighted and sticked and the respective writers will definetely get the deserved appreciation.
Please do not copy the reviews, piracy is strictly not allowed. Post your original content otherwise, the post will be deleted. If you repeat the offence multiple times you will be banned after getting a warning.
This guide is just to make sure that you write a proper review which follows the guidelines of Mi Community and covers all the different aspects.
Of course, everyone has a standard way of writing and they should follow their own style; just make sure that your review covers all the necessary details.
Always Go for Quality rather than Quantity!
1) The Product itself
- Yes, the first and foremost thing is to have the product with you.
Only review the accessories that you own.
2) Some Knowledge and Experience of using it
- You should be aware of the specification and features of the product. Some experience of using it is also necessary.
Reviewing a product after a few weeks of use is the best option, but you can also post a review based on the initial impressions/Unboxing within a few days of purchasing the accessory.
3) Good Language Skills
- This is one of the most basic requirements. You should write the review in a clear and comprehensive way.
If you think that your language isn't good then you can use some tools will check for spelling and grammar. I would recommend you to use Grammarly, which is a browser extension.
If you need any help and suggestions then you can always contact me.
4) Some Basic Photography Skills
- Your smartphone is good enough to take some great photos of your Mi Accessory. If you need some tips then you can visit the Photography section of Mi Community.
Photographs are necessary to make your review look legit and attractive.
If you need a really good photograph as a cover of the review then you use a photo from the internet. But don't forget to mention the image source. (Or give credits to the one who took it.)
5) A little amount of time
- Last but not the least, you will need to spend some to write a good review.
How fast you can write your review depends on user to user. Everyone should work at their own pace and shouldn't hurry.
After you're finished writing, check for mistakes and correct them.
1) Select your Objective and Collect all Necessary Info
- You need to be aware of the aim and purpose you are writing for.
You can visit the official product page on mi.com/in and collect all the necessary info.
You'll also get an idea of the specification from the product box itself.
You can also read other's reviews to gain some more knowledge. Reading is once of the best ways that indirectly affects your writing skills.
2) Choose a Catchy Title
- The better your title is, the more is the chance that people will click on your post. Select a short yet interesting title!
3) Introduce your product in Brief
- You should start with a little introduction on what and when did you purchase it. Also, describe your initial impressions.
You can also photos of product unboxing. If you have created an unboxing video then you can also post its link here.
4) Describe the Specification and Features in Detail
- Here comes one the most important part of the review, describe the specification and all its features.
Mention the use of every feature and highlight the best part about it.
Describe what is so special about it that distinguishes it from other products.
5) Rate and describe the Accessory on Various Aspects
- These can either be Build Quality, Performance, Durability, Price to Performance Ratio, etc.
For example, If you're reviewing a headphone then you can take aspects like Sound Quality and Noise Cancellation into consideration.
Write pros and cons along with every aspect that you cover. Give your ratings on each aspect.
If you want then you can also compare the accessory with similar products in the same price range.
6) Share your Overall Experience
- Share your experience of the purchase as well as day to day life use of the accessory.
Also, post photos which you took. This will make the users believe that you actually own the product and the review is legit.
7) Give your Conclusion and Overall Ratings
- Conclude your review in brief and mention whether you would recommend it to others or not.
You can also mention to which Age group/Category the accessory will be most beneficial for.
At last, give your final ratings!
8) Mention where one can get the Product
- Tell the users if it is available at Mi Store/Other Indian shopping sites or if you imported the product from outside India (Or won it in a contest)
If it is yet not available in India then you should mention how did you import it and through which site and seller.
9) Make your Thread look Attractive
- Increase the font size of titles and subtitles. You can use coloured text if you like.
But try not to compromise for readibility. Also, take care of spacing.
Make it look the way that suites your style!
Hope you liked the tutorial. For any queries or suggestions, you can reply below. Have a nice day.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .