In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note

[Review] [MIUI 8] Feature Explained- Quick Ball (Everything You Need To Know)

2016-07-14 21:38:32
97861 66
Edited by PawanRockz at 2016-07-14 09:38 PM

Hey MIUIers
Xiaomi unveiled its next version of there custom skin -MIUI 8 in India on 30th June with the Features you imagined in your dream os. It have features like cloned apps, Second space that let you organize two personalities in a single smartphone. MIUI 8 also have amazing features like wallpaper carousel, Mi Lanting Font, long screenshots etc. One of them is the new Quick Ball and today we are going to talk about it.

What exactly is Quick Ball?
Quick Ball in simple words is a tough assistant with combination of five unique shortcut (helps to do quick functions and tasks easily) that user can customize also. Quick Ball is aimed to give users quick and easy access to shortcuts and apps they use frequently.Quick ball can be placed anywhere on the screen and can also be accessed in lockscreen also.

How to turn Quick Ball Feature On ?
1.) Go to settings
2.) Scroll down and go to additional settings
3.) Go to Shortcut menu
4.) Turn that on and enjoy you Quick Ball.

FAQ : How to move that quick ball?
It's simple, just long press on it and you will be able to move.

Overview

Right after you set up the Quick Ball Feature ,you will see a translucent ball present on the side screen of your device.If you touch the ball, it will turn opaque and spread into 5 circles. Each circle stands for unique shortcuts which can be customized also.  We have back , home,recents tray,lock , screenshot options in default. It is one of the most awesome features in MIUI 8 in my opinion.

After Turning on the Quick Ball Feature you will be able to use the following options :

1.) Select shortcuts
2.) Hide automatically
3.) Preferrable Gesture (You can also choose whether you touch assistant will open on swipe or tap.)
4.) Restore defaults

Select shortcuts (customize function)

Yes you heard it right we can also customize the shortcuts. We can use any app or shortcut to be listed in the 5 shortcuts in the ball. Also we can change the layout and order of the Quick Ball shortcuts. Pretty clean and quick right.

Hide Automatically
This option is used to hide to touch assistant in the apps you don't want it show on the screen and will make quick ball invisible In that particular app. Like day quick ball won't be able to disturb when you are playing Pokemon Go and Clash Of Clans :D Usefull feature for most of people. Full marks here also.

Restore Defaults
This option will let you turn the default shortcuts in one tap. This feature was useful for me when I give my phone to young cousins to play and they customize this quick ball that no one wants to see haha.

Verdict
This feature will surely help most of the people with big mi devices or even with small devices like redmi 2 prime and redmi 1s. It's one of the most Quick, smart and handy feature of MIUI 8 in my opinion.

Rate

Number of participants 8 Experience +14 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-07-14 21:38:32
Favorites19 RateRate
Wow.... Quick ball is awesome feature of miu 8...
2016-07-15 02:26:03
Coooll..... guys keep posting
2016-07-15 11:56:52
in MIUI 7.5 for all versions its shortcuts option in Settings - Additional settings - Shortcut menu.
And without scrolling screenshot.
2016-07-16 10:34:32
Astonishing!!!!!

Unbelievable Feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
2016-07-16 19:05:54
G.Srinivas
Good explanation
2016-07-16 20:02:28
MI FC BHUBANESWAR PRESIDENT
Really an useful feature
2016-07-16 23:44:05
Mi4i and Redmi Note 3 Global Beta Tester.....
Great! nice feature
2016-07-17 11:11:00

Mi Talk

Many On Smart Phone Has Its Own Chatting App like Blackberry Messenger , Samsung Chat On Etc Xiaomi Has Alrady Mi Talk App But It IS not Useful For Global Users Beacuse The App Has Chinees As Launguage . In my Though Mi phone Need A Private Messenging App this Is Only My suggetion i dont know it is possible or not, but if Mi Diid It It is A huge Advantage What You Guys Thinking About This ????

2016-07-17 12:40:36
good thing but best in mi max
2016-07-17 13:57:26
Kartik Yadav
I have used it, i thought its not useful, its gimmicky.
2016-07-18 04:56:25
I am a GEEK[url=http://c.mi.com/in/static/image/smiley/comcom/19.gif]http://c.mi