In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note

[Announcement] MIUI 8 Will Have Split Screen Option After A Stable Release Of Android N !

2016-07-23 12:27:10
12769 32
Edited by PawanRockz at 2016-07-23 12:28 PM

Hey MIUIers,
In this year's Google I / O developer conference,Google has promised that  the next version of Android N will join the new split-screen feature.
In fact, MIUI seems to have confirmed that split-screen multitasking will soon come to MIUI 8.  This feature allows you to run two apps simultaneously, either side-by-side or top and bottom.
While the feature may not come as a part of the initial release, it is likely to come as a part of minor update in the future. Also, there is no word on which smartphones will support the feature.This is undoubtedly the best large-screen phone design in power today, but the design for the vast majority of people,is it really a necessity?

What is split screen?

In fact, the first split screen, appeared in the windows system. Because as more and more powerful computer performance, more and more large screen, multi-tasking capabilities and the more of it to the stronger demand emerged split screen. However, since 2010 the popularity of smart phones storm turned our surging mobile phone screen, and the screen size flat dividing line getting weaker, and processing performance is getting stronger. So we feel that one day computers will eventually be thrown into the trash.In simple terms, that is, within a split-screen display to operate two different tasks, for example, we can talk while micro-channel, while browsing the web or watching videos.

Is Split Screen Function necessary?
When our phone screen increasing performance , split-screen function allows us to deal with some office experience matters more. In fact, when the split-screen function appears on the screen ,it is less than equal to 5-inch cell phone screen, split screen with the convenience and almost equal to zero. The reason is simple, using the split screen function on the phone screen is too small, it is extremely tasteless. We do not like to shrink in the corner of the screen to watch videos, or browse the Web. At the same time due to the simultaneous processing of multiple tasks, power consumption will inevitably increase. So, when phone screen is too small, split-screen function value of almost zero.

Google's Role In Split Screen Function
Currently on the market, all manufacturers in order to enhance the competitiveness of their models, have to do split-screen function. Some enthusiasts even extract the split-screen function, load on those do not support the split-screen models. But the split-screen feature on these models achieve, and did not enhance the frequency of use of this feature.In the actual experience of the process is often not so smooth, not all third-party APP supports split-screen function, and as APP update, open the split-screen function, which could affect performance.Google has plenty of core resources and a say in the development of Android, it has developed programs to be more widely applicable to the majority of models. It can optimize the performance of split-screen from the bottom, not only to avoid waste of resources development firms, and split-screen function than the current vendors will be more smooth and stable. In the large-screen phone prevalent today, Google added split-screen function in Andrews N, and will further stimulate the development of large-screen phone.

MIUI 8 will provide split-screen support
Split-screen function will be provided after MIUI8 Android N stable release  relying on Google a strong advantage in the development of the underlying functionality , they will bring a better user experience.
Currently MIUI will continue to focus on meeting the needs of current users, the rational allocation of resources to achieve the development of other functional optimization and upgrading, continue to provide users with easy to use new MIUI.

Source : MIUI China Forum
Image credits: GOOGLE

Rate

Number of participants 6 Experience +32 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-07-23 12:27:10
Favorites13 RateRate
i had used this feature in honor 4c and now i bought redmi note 3. looking interesting.
2016-07-23 14:21:44
Well even though i personally dont find this much of a useful feature but ever since having Mi Max i think i look forward to this too and i'll have ample screen space for both windows even after splitting
2016-07-23 16:58:30
Rate if you like my post
WOW ITS A GREAT NEWS
2016-07-23 18:10:04
MIUI IS THE BEST THING  EVER HAPPENED TO ME..
BEST EVER COMMUNITY
Great News but we also want android upgrades
2016-07-24 19:56:13
anurag
Looks interesting
2016-07-25 13:23:46
Nice feature, waiting....
2016-07-25 14:35:41
bring it on :)
2016-07-25 21:32:40
{:3_54:}
Cool... Very interesting... Let's try after N update
2016-07-26 05:59:18
MI FC BHUBANESWAR PRESIDENT
This is not possible in Note 4G ,though it is a 5.5 inch due to restricted hardware. It is a good option in other phones
2016-07-27 11:48:34
Oh great... but in that case many of Xiaomi phones are still on KitKat and Lollipop and then how come we will get this feature...

Also, Developers please update all Xiaomi phones to Android latest version ASAP...
2016-07-29 05:02:01