Dear Mi Fans,
As you all know Mi/Redmi devices get updates every weeks for Beta and in a month or two for Stable ROM. Many users report that they can't update with updater app. Let’s take a look on this reason of not getting updates and their solution.
1: Can't Verify Update, It's not allowed to upgrade to unofficial ROM package
1. You are trying to install the same ROM after decrypting (Once you have decrypted a ROM, you cannot share it with your friends or flash it again using TWRP)
2. You are trying to install a Custom ROM/ Custom Mod using Updater
3. You do not fully download the ROM.
1. Re-download the ROM again from Updater App or Here
2. Make sure you download the correct ROM for as per your device
2: You're allowed to flash the newest/latest Stable Version published by MIUI team from developer Version Only
2.mi.jpg (10.23 KB, Downloads: 6)
2018-05-06 17:00:44 Upload
2.1.mi.jpg (8.8 KB, Downloads: 6)
2018-05-06 17:00:43 Upload
You are trying to change from Stable to Developers ROM or Developer to Stable but you install an Old ROM
You may want to revert back to MIUI Stable ROM after install MIUI Developers ROM or vice versa, you need to download the latest MIUI ROM from here
No. 3: Couldn't Verify The Source Of This Update. Try Downloading it Again
1. Go to Settings About Phone - System updates.
2. Tap on the 3 dots found on top right-hand corner of the screen, then press "Download update", Selecting this will download the Full ROM update instead of the incremental you should have received
After download, reboot your device to apply the update.
4: ROM is in Beta Testing, make sure you have signed in with a beta authorized Xiaomi account
You probably are trying to install LEAKED Beta ROM (Leaked Developers ROM or Leaked Beta Stable ROM) downloaded from unauthorized source. If you ffind anyone leaking beta ROMs or changelogs, please report it to the moderators so that some action can be taken.
You cannot install Beta or Nightly ROM through Updater App, Beta Stable ROMs are released to random users via OTA for feedback purposes.
5: Other Reason
It might be some other reasons like
You are trying to flash Change from China to Global or Global to China ROM
Other Undefined reasons.
If You want to change from Global to China, then you need to Unlocked Bootloader and flash fastboot ROM via Fastboot method
6. Viewing Changelogs Problems
This is a server issue.
Changelogs are under development.
Please check the changelogs on the forum
Hope you guys find this thread helpfull , You also can share your updater App problem (Not Mentioned here) in Reply .
Thanks to justzzshadz for helping me with this content.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .