In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Off-Topic] Mi Explorers Travel Journal From The Eyes Of Furqaan!

2018-07-04 08:15:13
11100 239
Please note that the newest update will appear on the top

[Update 26/7/18]
Time to say goodbye to Spain and all my new lovely friends, it was a moment of honor for me to get this big opportunity to visit Spain for the Mi Explorers.
Madrid gave me lifetime memory that I will always cherish and already started missing the beautiful country Spain.

The beautiful Airport of Madrid!

That's my ride!

Somewhere in the clouds!

Well, how can I forget to mention that I was awarded as the "Most Enthusiastic Mi Explorer Award" and got a Golden Mi Bunny Trophy! Check it out below! Trust me it's so beautiful!

Cute, isn't it?

[Update 25/7/18]

Tour to Madrid - Travel is something I always cherish, it's a hobby. Being a Mi Explorer I was fortunate enough to get a chance to travel to Spain, eating Spanish food, exploring the Spanish places. It was a dream for me to visit Spain at least once in my life and boom! Mi fulfilled my dream. Thank you Xiaomi for giving me this chance, I love Mi!

[Update 24/7/18]
After the launch event, we decided to roam in the city of Madrid and explore the places of Madrid and start our Explorers Missions! I clicked some images and it seriously turned out to be the best ones, Mi A2's camera capability is beyond the limit! I loved it! Check out the shots from Mi A2 below!

Shots On Mi A2

In the streets of Madrid!

Reflection

Against The Sun

It was a pleasure meeting all the Global Mi Explorers who traveled from around the world for the exploration of Mi A2. I am glad to get so many new friends who are actually more than just friends, we all are like family now!

A Selfie with our Admin, Sofia

The day is here, A BIG Day actually! The LAUNCH EVENT!!! Well, the launch event experience was so cool. I have attended so many launch events in India but this was the first time I attended a Mi Product launch event outside India. The experience was really great, loved the arrangement and everything! So glad to be a part of Xiaomi's Global Event! Check out the launch event photos below!

[Update 23/7/18]

My stay is in one of the finest hotels of Madrid. The room seems very cozy and I should better get a nap

After 30 hours of flight including halts in Delhi and Abu Dabhi, I reached Madrid! Abu Dabhi Airport was more like a shopping mall than an airport (Just Kidding :P). But seriously the airport is well designed and maintained, loved the service and support at the airport! Coming to Madrid, I haven't yet started exploring but in shorts words, I can say that the city is lovely! Excited to roam in the streets of Madrid, explore the Madrid from my eyes and click some awesome photos. Check out some travel photos below!

On the way to the hotel!

Abu Dabhi to Madrid

Abu Dabhi Airport

Abu Dabhi looks like Pochinki from PUBG Game, isn't it? :P

Dinner above 34,000 feet from the ground

[Update - 22/7/18]
Kicking off my journey starting today to Madrid. Really excited and looking forward to meeting all the Global Mi Explorers!!

[Update - 21/7/18]
T-1 Day to go for the biggest yet an adventurous trip to Spain, just completed the packing stuff and now excited to board in the flight tomorrow! Can't wait for the real fun!

Packing Done Right!

Everything is done, now time to board the flight tomorrow and start the journey! SPAIN, I am COMING!!!!!!!

[Update - 16/7/18]
The excitement level increases the day of the trip comes near, I am still in shock that I am going to Spain. The preparations are on full speed, packing is still pending though but done with shopping stuff. :P

"Travel Card"

Procedure for currency conversion and travel card is almost completed. Got my first ever "Travel Card" from ICICI Bank (I can now travel freely :P). The level of excitement is increasing day by day and my expectations are on 7th sky. Finger crossed for the adventurous trip to Spain!

[Update - 11/7/18]
The next day that is on 11-7-18 Wednesday. I tracked the courier and it showed "Out for Delivery" status. I was pretty much excited (even more than the day when my Mi MIX 2 was going to be delivered) to get my passport and to check the GRANTED sticker on my passport. It got me delivered later in the evening since it was raining the whole day. I was damn happy to see that I have been granted the visa to visit the lovely place SPAIN, what's more exciting than this?

[Update - 10/7/18]

Well well, guess what? A message on my phone beeped. It stated "Your application no. ************** is ready for dispatch". I was shocked, like what? It was just one day since it reached the consulate and it's ready? So many questions were roaming in my mind, what would have happened, was any of the document might be missing that's the reason they might have rejected my visa? Or maybe something else? I wasn't out of all these questions, my head was full of all this. And in a moment another message popped on my phone screen, "Visa application:************** - Passport has been couriered through Blue Dart with Airway bill ***********.

[Update - 5/7/18]

In the streets of Ahmedabad

I had my appointment with the BLS Spain Spoke, Ahmedabad where I had to submit all the prepared documents followed by my biometrics. The appointment was at 1.45 pm and I reached Ahmedabad at 11.30 since Ahmedabad is 110 Kms from Vadodara. At 1.45 pm sharp, I submitted the documents as well as biometrics. The process was very smooth and the officers were friendly as well. My passport reached the Consulate of Spain, Mumbai on 9th July 2018 in the morning since there was a weekend in between.  

Well, currently I have compiled all the required documents required for Visa and I have an appointment at the BLS Spoke, Ahmedabad tomorrow for the documents verification and biometric. Let's see how everything goes. Fingers crossed for Schengen Visa. As per the itinerary provided by Mi, I have my flight on 22nd July, 7:10 in the morning from Vadodara. I will reach Madrid, Spain on 23rd July, 8.40 in the morning. (25 hours tiring journey ).  

Coming up to expectation part, I don't have any idea regarding the upcoming device that I will be reviewing however since the Explorer Program is in the flawless photogenic place Spain, I am expecting a great camera smartphone. Furthermore, what else would I be able to specify?

Discussing the event part, I have attended many Mi Product Launch Events in India, yet since this time Mi is going more bigger, the event will likewise be considered even bigger. Getting an opportunity for a trip to Spain and being a part of Mi Explorers is the thing that energizes me THE MOST!

Anyways, let's get to the main point (I know you all are excited about it). As all of you definitely, know Xiaomi is back with the Mi Explorers program and think about what's its best part of it? I am chosen as one of the Mi Explorers for Xiaomi's upcoming device!! The day when the names were announced, I resembled, "Completely SHOCKED". That is to say, I was sufficiently lucky to be one of the Mi Explorer from more than 20,000 registration. Would you like to see my reaction when I saw that I was chosen as a Mi Explorer? Check beneath!

I started my journey with Mi way back in 2014 with the beast of that time Xiaomi Mi3. It was the 3rd Sale of Xiaomi Mi3 in India on 5th August 2014 and I was excessively energized for it yet was anxious too whether I will get it in flash sale or not. And guess what? My luck worked! I got it in my cart and successfully placed the order of the dazzling smartphone (I still have it :P). It was delivered to me on 7th August 2014 (how might I overlook the date!) and from that day I began to look all starry eyed at Mi and MIUI. From Mi3 to right now using Mi MIX 2, the journey of Mi Phones and Me was excessively audacious. Check out some previous launch events moments of mine below!

With the Boss Bunny, Lei Jun!

With the awesome personality, Donovan Sung

With the Uber cool Hugo Barra!

This is Furqaan from Vadodara, Gujarat, India as of now a student pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. I am a Super Moderator of Mi Community India and responsible to manage most of the sections of Mi Community India. Wait, that's not all! I am the President of Mi Fan Club - Vadodara and have conducted around 15-20 fan meet with the help of Mi Fans from Vadodara.

Thanks for reading!

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +31 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-07-04 08:15:13
Favorites228 RateRate
That's great! Hope you have a great time in Spain!
2018-07-04 08:31:51
I'm Sofia, Mi Comm Team Member.

Pro Bunny

SuMit MaNni | from Redmi 3S

wow awesome
2018-07-04 08:32:13

Master Bunny

Vizard | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Wow , Waiting for More stories from you.
2018-07-04 08:43:46

Super Moderator

Furqaan Author | from Mi MIX 2

Sofia
That's great! Hope you have a great time in Spain!

Aren't you joining us? ;)
2018-07-04 08:49:19

Grandmaster Bunny

Solver13 | from Redmi Note 4

That's Amazing! I will surely keep an eye on this thread
2018-07-04 08:52:04

Master Bunny

Papu Bag | from Redmi Note 4

superb.....!!
2018-07-04 09:25:25

Master Bunny

Mohammad Enayat | from Mi A1

It's truly amazing! Wishing you a great journey to Spain!
2018-07-04 09:37:36

Master Bunny

Hrishee | from Mi A1

Congrats bro
2018-07-04 09:45:17

Grandmaster Bunny

prashanthsahu | from Redmi Note 4

super sensational hit
2018-07-04 09:45:39

Grandmaster Bunny

Subhash_Deshmukh | from Redmi Note 4

Aweosm brother