Hello Mi Fans,
There are so many applications and ROMs which are available in compressed format. So, in this thread, we will tell you how to install flashable files using Custom Recovery. We have used the TeamWin Recovery Project.
1. Copy the flashable file you want to install in External Storage (SD Card).
2. Turn off your Device and then hold Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to boot into recovery mode.
3. Once booted into Recovery mode click on "Wipe" then "Advance Wipe" then select every partition options other than the Internal Storage then Swipe to format these Partitions.
Note: If you are installing ROM then follow this step otherwise skip to next step.
4. Click on "Install", then navigate to the folder where you have copied the flashable file. Select the file, then Swipe to confirm flash and wait until it gets completed. It may take 5-10 minutes for installation.
5. Once completed you can tap on the option which says -- "Reboot to System", this will again take around 5-10 minutes for rebooting for the first time.
You have successfully installed the flashable file in your Device
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .