What is DNS, did you heard this term before, let's start with starting. So DNS is Domain Name System and it converts website address which is its IP address the path where the website resides on the server. For example "facebook.com" = "22.214.171.124" if you type this IP address in browser's url bar you you will to "facebook.com". For "google.co.in" = "126.96.36.199" but as you can see these are the numbers and its very hard to remember these numbers for so many websites. DNS helps these numbers to give a name DNS have a table for these numbers and their names. When to type a URL in the address bar and hit enter it first go to DNS server and ask for the number address and then revert back to you. Website address to IP address conversion takes few seconds if the DNS is fast but it takes too long if DNS server is not good.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) gives you a default DNS server and it may not be too good so you experience a slow internet connection but don't worry you can change it and it will help you to increase the website loading speed.
If you are a Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10 user follow the steps below:
1. Open control panel and select "Network and Sharing Center"
2. Chose the network connection for which you want to change the DNS and Click on it
3. Network connection details window will appear Click on "Properties"
4. Properties window will appear
5. Now Select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click on "Properties"
6. Now Select "Use the following DNS server addresses
7. If you want to use Google DNS (Recommended) then enter
Preferred DNS server : 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server : 184.108.40.206
8. Now Click on OK . All Done
Congratulations you have Successfully Changed your DNS server
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .