What is LTE Band 40?
LTE bans in India may work on different frequency bands such as 700Mhz ie Bans 17, 800Mhz ie Band 20, 850Mhz ie Band 5, 1800Mhz ie Band 3, 2300Mhz ie is known as Band 40.Band of your netwoek depends on service provider only.In India few leading Telecom companies are now providing 4G LTE services/ Airtel, Vodafone, idea,Jio. Airtel supports LTE band 40, Vodafone supports band 3 , idea supports band 3&5 & Jio supports LTE band 3, 5 & 40.Airtel & Vodafone offer single band LTE network that’s why if handset supports band 3 or 40, 4G phone will lock on selected band & work without any issue regardless LTE network speed & coverage.But you may not
ice slow speed or bad coverage once you start using Jio LTE network,this is not a problem from Jio side as Jio started LTE network in all three bands so that users get better coverage & higher speed.
What is better for more Speed?
Better speed: 2300Mhz > 1800Mhz > 850Mhz
Better coverage: 850Mhz > 1800Mhz > 2300 Mhz
Wana check your Speed?
You can use Net Velocity App which will provide you more accurate information and you can Download it Here.
Locking Band 40 in Mi Device's ( only Qualcomm )
1. Unlocked Bootloader
2. Root Access
4. Neccessary Drivers
5. USB Debugging ON in Developer Mode
1. Download LTE UNLOCK from
You need to reply to see this content
and extract it
avatar.png (27.91 KB, Downloads: 52)
2017-11-12 07:00:19 Upload
2. Go to adb folder & open command window by pressing Shift Right Click
avatar.png (21.2 KB, Downloads: 13)
2017-11-12 07:00:55 Upload
3. Connect your phone to PC
4. Open Command Window & type following commands , give root access in phone while the system ask for it.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
5. Verify that your device is shown in Device manager.
avatar.png (26.12 KB, Downloads: 8)
2017-11-12 07:01:41 Upload
avatar.png (30.61 KB, Downloads: 8)
2017-11-12 07:02:24 Upload
7. Open QXDM Profossional
8. Choose NV Browser from view
9. Select LTE from Category Filter
10. Go to Options >> Communication >> Select Output Port ( Your device will be listed there )
11. Now click on LTE_BC Config then click on read button
12. It will read the Code of Current Band in Field>>Input
avatar.png (29.36 KB, Downloads: 13)
2017-11-12 07:03:25 Upload
avatar.png (22.46 KB, Downloads: 10)
2017-11-12 07:03:27 Upload
13. Note down the current value which is shown in Field>>Input , it is needed for reverting back.
14. Replace input with 549755813888 which is band code for Band 40, it can be found out using a simple application Download from Here
15. Click on Write , you're done almost, Now reboot your device & Enjoy.
Not happy with band 40 wana revert?
1. Follow Steps 1-13
2. In step 14 , use your old band code or use Download from Here
3.Replace 549755813888 with your default code
4. Write & reboot
NOTE: Restore TWRP Backup or Do Fastboot if you have problem in locking default code after following above stepsThanks