In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[MIUI Review] Step by Step guide, To report bug from Feedback Tool.

2016-12-14 09:53:12
62918 313
Edited by Bingo220 at 2016-12-14 08:23 PM

Hey Mi Fans,

I hope you all enjoyed the Super Crazy evening of Mi pop on  last Sunday. I'm still having the Hangover of Mi pop, It was more awesome than we expected it. Hatss Off to Mi India team who executed it with so perfection. Now carrying the hangover and coming back to your Mi devices lets get to our daily routine and wait for next Mi pop. I always mention in my all threads that MIUI is one of the customised ROM, And I'm never bored of saying it again and again. So if you wondering what makes MIUI at the peak of customisation? Then answer is pretty simple. MIUI has so many features that basic Android does not have. From Security app to 3 Finger Screenshots, MIUI has covered range of useful features which is handy in day to day life.

Before writing anything lets just give one "Roadie Salute" to all the developers who are working with MIUI. Its very difficult to code so many features and compile it in a single ROM. You Know, What happens when coding all these strings that some of the codes have to be modified before adding a new feature and loop it with existing ones, Also MIUI Global ROms follow Google laws so Google apps make things difficult. So summing it up because of this Bugs appear in  some of the feature of MIUI and also sometimes it gets affected on some app too. But you do not have to worry because it is just a software glitch which can be solved. MIUI is very friendly ROM so whatever bugs you face, You can report it and mention specifically all the details and Bug reproduction steps because of this Developers gets the idea of what is wrong and they can fix it ASAP. You can report bug from your phone or in Mi community. Reporting Bug in Mi community is simple make a thread, mention your Device, MIUI version, What bug you facing, Reproduction step. Another way of reporting Bug is from Feedback tool in your phone.

Feedback tool location:

Homescreen---> Tools Folder-->Feedback app.
There are range of scenarios available, Just select the category in which you are facing bug.

How to take Bug Log:

Reproduce the Bug which you are facing. After you get the Bug, Go to Dialer dial *#*#284#*#*. This Command will start generationg bug log, Aftyer 2-3 minutes Bug log is generated and you will get notification that, "Bug Log has been generated/created". You can find generated Bug log in: File Explorer-->Internal Storage-->MIUI-->debug_log--> Zip file with date and time.

How to report Bug via Feedback Tool:

Example: If you facing reboot issues.

Title: Device reboots while doing _______ (mention details)

Description: Mention in detail, When and How you are facing this issue.
example
:
Opened Whatsapp.
Was watching forwarded video.
Device suddelny rebooted.

Faced this issue in Mi 4, MIUI Global 6.12.13 beta update (whatever MIUI version you are using)

If a user is mentioning proper description in Feedback tool while reporting a bug, then Developers might be able to fix the issues soon

** If you have any issues regarding feedback tool, Ask in this thread**

Rate

Number of participants 6 Experience +47 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-12-14 09:53:12
Favorites182 RateRate
useful information
2016-12-14 10:20:38
MI LOVER

Master Bunny

BeingBishal | from MI MAX

Thanks for Sharing, Useful INFO :)
2016-12-14 10:25:36
thanks for the info
2016-12-14 12:10:21

Advanced Bunny

Samir Sapariya | from MI 3W

Dear all please,
I do have issue where in I m on mi3 latest stable which is 8.1.4
Got Ota update and after update it is not working and no bugs can be reported
2016-12-14 12:27:41

Advanced Bunny

Samir Sapariya | from MI 3W

App is not connecting to Internet and themes app too!
Please help
2016-12-14 12:28:12

Master Bunny

Manas_msm | from Redmi 3S

thanks for info
2016-12-14 13:37:30
MANAS SHETTY

Master Bunny

Sandeep M | from MI MAX

Thanks for the info
2016-12-14 14:29:13

Pro Bunny