Edited by DEZIRABLE JAVI at 2016-12-20 09:54 PM |
Mi Security App
Security is always a concern to everyone that apart from patching to the latest available ROM what else can be done to such prevention.
Some of you might not know there is quite a few build in features to Mi Security app since MIUI 6 onwards.
Let's us being,
1) Deep Clean (I shall not explain this as already covered by Gr33dyBlackie over here)
2) Individual App monitoring for connection speed and network test
Security > Data Usage > Gear icon on the top right corner > Test Networks
Security > Data Usage > Gear icon on the top right corner > Connection speed
This will show you the connection speed of all those individual apps used.
3) Block spam texts or vulgarities
Security > Blocklist > Gear icon > Keyword Filter > Add (+)
This will block those words you don't wish to receive in the content of SMS. Make sure you see the words you added is reflected in the list.
4) Shutdown your phone when it is idling
Security > Battery > Schedule Power On/Off
This will help you to shutdown your phone when you are not using it to save the consumption of the battery especially when you are asleep. You also can schedule to let it power on by itself.
5) Malware and Virus Protection (Might only available for Developer ROM)
Security > Virus Scan > Settings > Check the box on Tencent
This will help you to protect your phone to prone to malware and virus from unreliable source.
5) App Permission (Which is not uncommon to most of you, I will skip this as well)