In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[Discussion] Frequently Asked Questions on Mi VR Play

2016-12-29 09:00:46
12526 140
Edited by Kashish at 2016-12-29 07:43 PM

Hello Mi Fans,

This is a FAQ Thread on Mi VR Play.
I hope that here you'll find the answers to all the commonly asked questions on Mi VR Play.
So here we go!

Q1) What are the requirements to use Mi VR Play?

To use Mi VR Headset, you need to own a Smart Phone with a screen size between 11.5 cm (4.7 inches) to 14.5 cm (5.7 inches).
That means Mi VR Play supports almost every smartphone in today's market.
Additionally, to experience 360-degree videos or to Play VR games, your smartphone needs to have the Gyroscope sensor.

Q2) What are the specifications of Mi VR Play?

Visit the product page of Mi VR Play to get all the details of its specification: http://www.mi.com/in/mivr1c/

Q3) Where can I buy Mi VR Play?

Mi VR Play is available on Mi Store App.
Mi VR Play can be bought during Flash Sales using this link: http://www.mi.com/in/hdindex/openbuy/#mivrplay
Additionally, you can visit the product page of Mi VR Play to buy it: http://www.mi.com/in/mivr1c/

Q4) What is the price of Mi VR Play?

Mi VR Play costs Rs. 999.

Q5) Why is the Strap not included with it?

Mi VR Play headset is a google certified product and does not include a strap. Google Cardboard recommends not using a strap and as a result, that is why Mi has not included the strap with the package. Read here for more details: An explanation of the missing strap on Mi VR Play.

Q6) Will it work with Mi Max?

No, the size of Mi Max exceeds the maximum size that Mi VR Play can support.

Q7) Can I use Mi VR Play with phones of other brands?

Yes, you can. Mi VR Play will work with phones of other brands as long as they are in the size range of 4.7 inches to 5.7 inches and have a gyroscope sensor.

Q8) What is VR or Virtual Reality?

Virtual reality is a technology that is used to replicate a real environment in the virtual world. It is used to experience the real world virtually!

Q9) What is a Gyroscope?

Gyro Sensor or simply a Gyroscope is used for measuring angular velocity. In simple terms, it can determine at what speed and in which direction you're rotating your device. Gyroscope sensor is required to experience 360-degree videos and to play VR games.

Q10) How to find out if my phone has a Gyroscope?

To determine this with ease, you can search on google for Sensor Checking Apps or Apps that provide your Phone Info like Cpu-Z.
Alternatively, you can download '
EZE VR' App on play store to check for Gyroscope sensor.
Among the Mi Phones launched in India, every single one of them has a Gyro Sensor, including the Redmi 1s!

Q11) Can I use Mi VR Play without the Gyroscope Sensor?

If your phone doesn't have a Gyroscope sensor, you can still use Mi VR Play to watch 3D videos.
There's also a lot of VR content which doesn't require Gyroscope.
To watch normal videos in 3D, download the VR Cinema App. You can also experience the normal Youtube videos in 3D with the help of Mi VR Play.

Q12) Is Mi VR Play compatible with Google cardboard?

Yes, it is. In fact, Mi VR Play is Google Cardboard certified and follows all the guidelines of Google Cardboard.
After buying Mi VR Play, the first thing you should do is to download the Google Cardboard App and pair it with the Mi VR Play.

Q13) I'm facing pairing issue with Google Cardboard

To resolve this issue, scan the QR Code below:

For more details, follow this link:

MI VR Play QR Code Issue (Google Cardboard Pairing Issue)

Q14) Is Virtual Reality Harmful for your eyes?

Experiencing VR for short durations causes no harms but it is never recommended to use VR for longer durations.

This is why Mi hasn't included the strap with Mi VR Play. Not including the strap reduces the chance of “VR sickness” caused by rendering/IMU latency and increases the immersiveness in VR.

Q15) How can I take 360-degree photos and videos?

Follow this amazing guide by RAJUKAMMELLA to create 360-degree content: Create your own 360° videos on your smartphone~

Q16) How to access VR mode on YouTube?
Open a video on youtube. Now enter the Full-Screen Mode and press the 3 dots in the top right corner. Now select 'View in Cardboard' to split the screen in two and experience VR on youtube!
Also, make sure that you've installed the Cardboard App to make it work.

Q17) How do I find VR content in Google Play Store?

Simply search 'VR' in Play Store and you will come across thousands on VR supported apps!

Q18) Can my phone fall while using Mi VR Headset?

No, it won't. Mi VR Play uses a 2-way zip to safely lock your phone inside Mi VR Play securely. This is more effective than conventional slots and phone clips.

Q19) Where can I get an F-code to purchase Mi VR Play?

F-Codes can be won at different contests held at Mi Community and Mi India Social Network Pages.
Make sure to stay active on Mi Community and participate in all the contests!

Q20) How to get notified when Mi VR Play comes back in the stock

Open the product page of Mi VR Play: http://www.mi.com/in/mivr1c/
On the top right side of the product page, you should see an orange coloured Notify Button.
Press that button to automatically get notified as soon as the product is back in stock.

Recommended threads:

Don't miss out these amazing threads to learn more about Virtual Reality and Mi VR Play.

1)  Complete Guide For Your Mi V.R Play

2)  Top 4 Reasons Why You Should Consider Getting a Mi VR Play
3)   [Mi VR Play Review] Welcome To The World Of Virtual Reality!
4)  [Tech VR] Part II: A Quick VR Setup and My VR Experience
5)  Have You Played These Games On Your Mi VR?
6)  10 Of The Best Virtual Reality App To Try On Mi-Phones
7)  Mi Live in VR- A complete review
8)  Mi Vr Play |Unboxing Virtual Reality|
9)  Xiaomi Mi VR Headset Specifications And Images Revealed! Are You Excited ?

In case your question is not answered above, feel free to reply below. I'll try to answer them as early as possible and if required, I'll add them in this FAQ thread.

Regards,

Kashish

Rate

Number of participants 12 Experience +81 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-12-29 09:00:46
Favorites43 RateRate

Mi FC President

Arun6199 | from Redmi Note 3

Great thread with great content! Covered all the points. Would be great help. Thanks for doing this bro :D
2016-12-29 09:04:15
Need Help? Any queries? Ping me anytime. Use the reply button to notify me.
Be Kind to One Another!

Master Bunny

Kuntal Murmu | from mobile

A perfect thread for the all VR Play users.  FAQs are answered very nicely and no questions left unanswered. Thanks for sharing with us.
2016-12-29 09:39:03

Master Bunny

aditya10dulkar | from Redmi Note 3

Very informative!  Great thread for all those questions , fans had !!
nice job mate :-)
2016-12-29 09:49:53

Rookie Bunny

1635412568 | from app

when will be next sale of mi vr
2016-12-29 10:15:42
next sale of MI VR play ?
2016-12-29 22:13:00
Great thread
2016-12-30 21:34:21
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #7

Advanced Bunny