In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Off-Topic] Tech Habits You Should Adopt !

2018-05-22 03:19:03
774 2
Hello Fans,

Technology has had an adventurous2017. The iPhone got rid of its bezels and the iconic TouchID, big companieswere involved in even bigger privacy blunders, social networks tried and failedto curb the fake news wildfire, and a whole lot more happened.
But now, a new year, which wehope is filled with exciting technologies, awaits you. And with that, newresolutions as well. Hence, here are five technology habits you should try toadopt in 2018.

1. Desktop Backup Tool

Backing up your computer should beon the top of your resolutions list this year. No, I’m not talking about manualdisk backups here. Instead, I’m suggesting a cloud-based utility such as theGoogle Backup and Sync tool which quietly runs in the background and uploadsall your essential files to your Google Drive account. If you’re on a limitedbandwidth, you can also select precisely which folders need to be synced. Plus,the app even lets you back up unlimited pictures to Google Photos at acompressed quality.
Backing up your computer to acloud account instead of just an external drive has a multitude of advantages.For starters, you can access any of your file from anywhere on the Google Driveapp. Second, you don’t need to worry about crashing the drive and losing allthe files. I personally only recently installed the tool and since then, I’venever looked back. You might not realize the importance of an active backuptool right away, but eventually, one day when your computer decides to randomlyrefuse to boot up, you will. Of course, you won’t be able to reinstall theoperating system with this but we both know you won’t be doing that.

2. Google Photos

Google Photos is arguably one ofthe most intuitive smartphone apps to have been released in the last couple ofyears and if it’s still not on your phone, you’re missing out on a lot. GooglePhotos essentially develops a searchable digital library of your pictures andcategorizes them into various smart sections based on the faces included, objects,what have you.
If you don’t necessarily requireyour media in the highest quality, Google Photos also lets you upload unlimitedpictures and videos without any additional costs. In addition to that, the appemploys a series of machine learning algorithms for automatically stitchingcollages, montages of your files. Google Photos is available for both iOS andAndroid.

3. Password Manager

2018 should be the year when youfinally stop procrastinating the idea of installing a password manager. Andwhile we are on the subject, the one that comes inbuilt in the browser doesn’tcount. For the uninitiated, a password manager is a secure vault for storingall of your credentials so that you don’t have to use the same password foreverything. These utilities also integrate with browsers and even other apps ifyou’re on Android eliminating the need for filling a form again almostentirely.
While it is usually recommendedto buy a premium password manager, there are still a ton of free and competentoptions to choose from. One of these is LastPass that offers most of itsfeatures for free. Moreover, along with enabling a password manager, I wouldrecommend turning on two-factor authentication for various accounts especiallythe ones you employ every day like Google, Twitter, Apple, and more.

4. Be Warier of Your Presence Online

It shouldn’t come as a surprisewhen I tell you that the Internet is not as private as it was. As yourdependencies on cloud services elevate, there’s a very little personalinformation you have control over. Therefore, it has become exceedingly crucialnow for you to be cautious about which websites you visit and what kind of datayou’re feeding them.

One of the first steps againstthe so-called trackers is to block them completely. You can do so by installingany one of these extensions mentioned in this article. Thanks to the suddenrise of cryptocurrencies, a large number of online platforms have also secretlybegun mining currencies on their visitors’ computers. To ensure that you don’tfall prey to any of these, download another tool called “No Coin”. Furthermore,you can take a look at this quick roundup of privacy extensions we didrecently.

5. Unplug Once in a While

This year, give your eyes thegift of a little me-time because let’s face it, they’re tired of looking atInstagram feeds every day and night. Unplugging from your smartphone can be astressful job if you’re an addict or more precisely, suffering unconsciouslyfrom a disease called “Nomophobia”. However, there is still an abundance ofmethods you can look into for limiting its impacts on your health and life. Tobegin with, head over to our starter guide which highlights all the essentialand straightforward ways to reduce your smartphone consumption.

So those were five technology habits we think you should try to adopt this year.
Let us know in the comments down below if we missed any goodones.
2018-05-22 03:19:03
Favorites2 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Nikrox007 | from Mi A1

last one is the greatest one
2018-05-22 03:40:21

Pro Bunny

shakku_98 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

great job bro
2018-05-22 21:36:35