In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note

[Other] SIM cards not detecting

2017-02-15 21:54:17
58620 39
Hi all,

hope you all are fine.
Here i would like to seek attention for all Redmi note 3 users and others as well.
I had (still happening) a worst issue with my phone which brought only two months back. Seems it wont detect SIM card after restarting it or switching it ON when my phones battery drained completely after charging. I tried many ways to make it good but i couldnt. Finally i found that, it will resolve if we make a factory reset!! Seems sh*t , right??

I did factory reset around 10+ times whenever my phone gets switched off! As you know , i wll lost all things while doing this, why because it wil get stuck and forced me to resatrt when am travelling or somewhere else where i cant bring my laptop to take backups.. its such bad impression on such leading brand and a model.

I approached Customer care via phone but they didnt get such a complaint from any user of Redmi note 3 and also they dont have any any resolution to fix this bug and also they suggested me to reach Service center and get it done. As you know, they will be doing a factory reset whenever we approached there for any services, for this it will work after doing factory reset. So why do we need to waste that service charge for simply doing factory reset and also our time???
As they suggested me to, try to insert another SIM card on the phone and check whether it is working or not. Luckily i tried it adn working for me the very first time. So i took this as the resolution and then next time it didnt work. I tried inserting and removing different SIM cards 10 to 20 times but no use :(

This is the second note 3 phone which am using since my first phone fell in water and it could not be used, i didnt have any more thought/discussion/doubt while buying new one so chose note 3 only since the first one was amazing!! But things changed when new come

so, i have few things for you.

Can anyone found such issue?
How you resolve it?
How many approached Customer care and what was there reply?

Looking for your comments and feedback
Thank you all,
Sanoj M

2017-02-15 21:54:17
Favorites5 RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

Cheti55 | from Redmi Note 3

bro update ur rom to latest global beta rom version..it surely fix ur problem
2017-02-15 22:32:24

Advanced Bunny

rv20sa | from Redmi 3S

If your device shows no SIM network while rebooting that means the device has detected the SIM card but didn't searched for the desire network. try switching network search mode on Automatic . hope that will help to resolve the issue
2017-02-15 22:48:43
rv20sa
Cheti55 replied at 2017-02-16 09:02 AM
bro update ur rom to latest global beta rom version..it surely fix ur problem

Hi bro,
mine is updated to the latest Version and am always keeping it Updated all the time... :)
2017-02-15 22:56:11
rv20sa replied at 2017-02-16 09:18 AM
If your device shows no SIM network while rebooting that means the device has detected the SIM card  ...

hi rv20sa,
i tried this as well to search manually to get the Network and even tried to change the settings in Developer tool as well.. but no luck
2017-02-15 22:57:24

Semi Pro Bunny

currently u r using which rom version??  can u say to me...
2017-02-15 23:02:45

Semi Pro Bunny

bro can u say which rom version u r currently using..
2017-02-15 23:03:25
Cheti55 replied at 2017-02-16 09:32 AM
currently u r using which rom version??  can u say to me...

MIUI Global 8.1 Stable
8.1.1.0 (MHOMIDI)
2017-02-15 23:07:17

Semi Pro Bunny

bro i said to u that flash ur rom to latest global beta version
then it will surely fix ur problem.
u r using global stable. change it to global beta.
2017-02-15 23:21:43

Semi Pro Bunny

bro i said to u that flash ur rom to latest global beta version
then it will surely fix ur problem.
u r using global stable. change it to global beta.
2017-02-15 23:22:22
As per my understanding Beta version for Developers and the Stable for the normal users. Do we actually need to get it done?
2017-02-15 23:27:55