Q & A Session is over! Our team will reply to the queries soon
Hello, Mi Fans!
Mi Community is an active platform for Mi fans. Not only we discuss about Mi products and technology, but also help out each other. We have already conducted a lot of Q & A sessions with the help of Device Team and Device moderators on Mi Community for device-related queries.
Q & A Schedule
We will open this thread on 00:00 AM of 14th July and close it at 10:00 PM IST. Our team will go through your questions and then next day ie. Sunday 15th July, you will get a solution/suggestion for your question. We will try our best to provide further support in case some more questions arise in your mind.
Please mark your calendars and we’re ready to help you out. If your device is not listed in the list of devices mentioned above, then don’t worry. Stay tuned for the next Q & A session wherein we can seek our active support.
Procedure for joining Q & A session:
1. Reply to this thread with your issue(s).
2. Our Mi Community device experts will reply to your issue(s) on the next day, that is on Sunday
3. If the issue is not resolved in the reply, you can follow up with the Mi Community Device experts for further support in this same thread regarding your issue.
Additional points to keep in mind for this Q & A session
1. Use only English while replying to this thread.
2. Please mention your issue(s) in detail.
3. Remember to mention your MIUI Version. Mention if you are using Developer/Stable ROM, Global/China ROM, Rooted/Unrooted, Mi Recovery/TWRP/Other. Also give more relevant information about your issue(s) if possible, so that we can understand your problem better and solve it quickly.
4. If you have issue(s) like device slipped in water, has physical damage and similar ones, we recommend you visit your nearest Xiaomi service center and get your device checked.
IMP: This session is meant to help you out in the issues that you are facing in your device only. This session is not meant to answer any MIUI feature request or Android version upgrade request. Thanks.
Some common questions which you should avoidQ.1. I don't own a Xiaomi device, can I post my issue(s) here?
A.1. No, you should not. This thread is only for issues regarding Xiaomi devices.
Q.2. I will not be available during this 'LIVE; Q&A session, will I still get support?
A.2. Please do not worry, you can always make a Q&A thread in a particular device section and our Community Device Team Members are always there to assist you.
Q.3. When can I get Android Oreo update for my Mi/Redmi Device?
A.3. As on date, the Android Oreo is available for Mi A1, Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Y2 only and there is no info regarding any other device. Once it is available for someother device, it will be updated in Mi Community.
Q.4. Where can I download the official MIUI ROMs for Redmi Device?
A.4. You can download it from here: https://in.c.mi.com/in/download.php
Q.5. Can I post my issue(s) regarding service centers here?
A.5. For issue(s) regarding service centers, please post it in the Customer Feedback section here: https://in.c.mi.com/in/forum-74-1.html
Q.6. When can I get VoLTE support on Redmi 2?
A.6. As of now, there is no plan for the same.
Q.7. Is Redmi Note 5 having Dual Speaker Or Mono Speaker?
A.7. Redmi Note 5 is having a mono speaker. The other grill is for the microphone.
A very big thanks in advance to all the Device mods, Device team members and Mi Community members who will help us in this Q&A session.
NOTE: Mi Community users are providing us with valuable feedback in every Q and A session, so that we can raise and forward these issues. It is a humble request to users please do not post off-topic or spam in replies; if anyone posts any irrelevant post, it will be deleted immediately.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .