I share this thread to 3s user and MiUi developer that's why they do not update Android Patch for 3s? Today all platform available for online shopping. If an android patch is more than one year old then what's the meaning for only change Ui of Redmi 3s? You should at-least change Android Patch of 3s ROM.
And to Community Mods:
Don't directly delete this thread without discussing with me. I personally spend 1 month for testing and total 2 months for analysis and then share here. Take this thread as positive. I'm not siding with Custom ROM. If MiUi give long SOT means charging performance, Android Patch update then it's good for 3s user.
**Flash custom ROM with your own risk**
Many of you [almost all] are not satisfied with MIUI ROM for our Redmi 3s/Prime because of “Android Security Patch Update” and yes, I also one of this.
So from the Middle of June, I think to try custom ROM for 3s. May custom ROM give good performance and battery backup.
So I check the thread from Mi Community, XDA and other sites for "which custom ROM is best" for our 3s. and from POLL threads, firstly download that ROM with the latest build. And from 21 June to 13 July, I flashed a total 15 custom ROM for testing.
Here is my testing vision:
Before flashing new ROM, Every time, I fully discharge full device using power button till not vibrate.
And I stay on ONE ROM for two times. So check the accurate /average performance of that ROM.
I used a device as my daily routine.
Here are some basic info & files for flashing.
Unlock Bootloader - Click Here
Flash Treble based TWRP - Click Here
Treble Magisk - Click Here
Gapps - Click Here
If your custom ROM on 8.1 then flash 8.1 based gapps
Use PICO zip file. No need NANO or other.
For our 3s, use AMR64
If any gapps for particular custom ROM then its info available in XDA thread.
Now Steps for flashing Custom Rom
Here is a list of custom ROM which performance. Also, I attached the screenshot where,
- All screenshot from 100% to 3% without connecting to pc or charging using cable.
- Battery saver was turned off
So Lets starts,
- 1st best ROM which I used after all analysis is Franken. This is my current ROM. based on performance.
- Full Customization option? - Yes
- I place this ROM in 2nd position due to low charging power. This ROM charge with 1000mA. Means not support QC2.0 otherwise device with this ROM can use without 2 days charging.
- Compared to screwd- less SOT, low charge, function...
- Performance is good. You can get default circular toggle in notification panel with a nice look. But personally, I prefer a stock toggle. Means tiny icons.
- Performance is good. I place this ROM in 4th position due to low charging power. this rom charge with 1000mA. means not support QC2.0 otherwise, last charging and SOT is looked amazing. but if device support QC2.0 and we have QC2.0 charger then should use QC2.0 supported ROM.
- This name is popular in custom ROM. But this is a pure android based theme. Negative Points - No mice, No sound, Less features, Force close apps. The positive point is the low time for bootup.
- This name is popular in custom ROM. but this is a pure android based theme. Fewer features, Force close apps. The positive point is a low time for bootup.
- Force apps. otherwise, ROM is best.
14th and 15th ROM are Nitrogen OS and PIXEL Experience. but both are not good for customization. so if you love custom ROM then use customization based ROM as my opinion.
- I Flash custom ROM one by one, never need to flash MIUI fastboot Rom for any error.- If after flashing new ROM, your device is stuck in Mi logo or facing FC error then again go to TWRP and select WIPE- FACTORY RESET [You need simply swipe left to right after tapping in WIPE]
- Remember, flash treble based TWRP which I shared here in Treble based ROM. you can flash Non-treble ROM in treble TWRP.
- I personally spend 3 days creating and editing this thread. And daily flash custom ROM from almost 1 months.
- You can this popular telegram channel for last Custom ROM build: landres[Note: this is not my channel or not share for promo purpose.]
- I am a normal user as of you. If you have any issue with custom ROM then ask in XDA post.
Life is good.
Try to change your device UI using flashing Custom ROM and check that issue with your 3s or issue in MIUI ROM!
And yes, now my next target is, I flash Mod-MIUI ROM and MIUI 10 based official ROM when public beta release.
So, this is my view to check ROM, which one you like? This there is useful for you?
Let's me know your best custom ROM with SOT.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .