In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Bulletin

[Announcement] Get Q & A Support For Xiaomi Smartphones From Device Experts on 28th-29th July

2018-07-27 01:03:06
171144 5045

Hello, Mi Fans!
Mi Community is an active platform for Mi fans. Not only we discuss Mi products and technology, but also help out each other. We have already conducted a lot of Q & A sessions with the help of Device Team and Device moderators on Mi Community for device-related queries.

This Saturday, 28th July starting from 00:00 AM to 23:50 PM you can post any question related to the following smartphones and get the answer on 29th July
Mi Phones, Mi MIX 2, Mi Max 2, Mi A1, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note, Redmi 5

Q & A Schedule
Q & A session date: 28th of July from 00:00 AM to 23:50 PM
Answering date: 29th of July

We will open this thread at 00:00 AM on 28th July and close it at 10:00 PM IST. Our team will go through your questions and then the next day, ie. Sunday 29th July, you will get a solution/suggestion to your question. We will try our best to provide further support in case some more questions arise in your mind.

Please mark your calendars, and we’re ready to help you out. If your device is not listed in the list of devices mentioned above, then don’t worry. Stay tuned for the next Q & A session wherein we can seek our active support.

Procedure for joining Q & A session:
1. Reply to this thread with your issue(s).
2. Our Mi Community device experts will reply to your issue(s) on the next day, that is on Sunday
3. If the issue is not resolved in the reply, you can follow up with the Mi Community Device experts for further support in this same thread regarding your issue.

Additional points to keep in mind for this Q & A session
1. Use only English while replying to this thread.
2. Please mention your issue(s) in detail.
3. Remember to mention your MIUI Version. Mention if you are using Developer/Stable ROM, Global/China ROM, Rooted/Unrooted, Mi Recovery/TWRP/Other. Also give more relevant information about your issue(s) if possible, so that we can understand your problem better and solve it quickly.
4. If you have issue(s) like device slipped in water, has physical damage and similar ones, we recommend you visit your nearest Xiaomi service center and get your device checked.

IMP: This session is meant to help you out in the issues that you are facing in your device only. This session is not intended to answer any MIUI feature request or Android version upgrade request. Thanks.

Some common questions which you should avoid

Q.1. I don't own a Xiaomi device, can I post my issue(s) here?
A.1. No, you should not. This thread is only for issues regarding Xiaomi devices.

Q.2. I will not be available during this 'LIVE; Q&A session, will I still get support?
A.2. Please do not worry, you can always make a Q&A thread in a particular device section, and our Community Device Team Members are still there to assist you.

Q.3. When can I get Android Oreo update for my Mi/Redmi Device?
A.3. As on date, the Android Oreo is available for Mi A1, Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Y2 only and there is no info regarding any other device. Once it is available for some other device, it will be updated in Mi Community.

Q.4. Where can I download the official MIUI ROMs for Redmi Device?
A.4. You can download it from here: https://in.c.mi.com/in/download.php

Q.5. Can I post my issue(s) regarding service centers here?
A.5. For issue(s) regarding service centers, please post it in the Customer Feedback section here: https://in.c.mi.com/in/forum-74-1.html

Q.6. When can I get VoLTE support on Mi 4i?
A.6. As of now, there is no plan for the same because of hardware limitations.

Q.7. Is Redmi Note 5 having Dual Speaker Or Mono Speaker?
A.7. Redmi Note 5 is having a mono speaker. The other grill is for the microphone.

A huge thanks in advance to all the Device mods, Device team members, and Mi Community members who will help us in this Q&A session.

NOTE: Mi Community users are providing us with valuable feedback in every Q and A session so that we can raise and forward these issues. It is a humble request to users, please do not post off-topic or spam in replies; if anyone posts any irrelevant post, it will be deleted immediately.

2018-07-27 01:03:06
Favorites213 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

1668628487 | from Redmi Note 4

I am using redmi note  4 version 7 I received system update for calender I unfortunately ignored but I want to update how could I update it
2018-07-27 15:17:30

Rookie Bunny

Adavet | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

How can I reduce drain battery in my not E 5 pro
2018-07-27 15:22:16

Rookie Bunny

Doonite panda | from Redmi Y2

why hd display is not provided in redimi y2 compared to redimi note 5 pro or redimi note 5? why Xiaomi use Snapdragon 625 in redimi y2 which is 2 year old chipset ?
2018-07-27 15:31:50

Rookie Bunny

1644645326 | from Redmi Note 3

i have mi note 3 and miui version is 9.5, I have 1 gb free space bt there are issue of storage space full so plz try to solve my problem due to this problem mobile is not working properly......
2018-07-27 15:33:43

Pro Bunny

Syed shaik | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

1.why the photos taken using google camera app is more rich in colors and detailed than photos captured with miui camera.        2. why the mi has disabled the manual capture, manual mode, manual shutter speed, raw capture support in the device.
3. The battery is 4000 mah capacity in redmi note 5 pro why i am not able to get battery backup 1 day also and i am an average user.
4. why can't mi unlock the full potential of redmi note 5 pro like full use of battery, good ram management, processing power, graphics power, full use of camera sensors both front and back, 4k recording in 60 fps, slow motion recording in 1080p, improved low light photography, portrait zoom, bug less miui.
4. I am a normal customer who believed in mi and bought the device as a company it is your duty to make the customer satisfy...as a smartphone leader company you have to meet customers expectations fastly with latest updates as other OEMs release the latest android version to all their mobiles and mainly you have to provide bug free miui with in short duration and be ahead of all companies in the world.
5. Why can't you provide these basic things.
2018-07-27 15:51:34

Rookie Bunny

5153762196 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

why is not. redmi note 5 pro water proof and splash proof
2018-07-27 15:53:52

Rookie Bunny

ca.shailendra | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

What is the mean of having Qualcomm SD 636 in My Redmi Note 5 Pro when I can't do Following  
1. Play Games in HD  
2. Fast Charge My Phone with Quick Charge
3. Record Videos in 4K
2018-07-27 15:58:39

Banned

abhishek98 | from Redmi Y2

I am using redmi note  4 version 7 I received system update for calender I unfortunately ignored but ...

in full screen mode animation is lagging in Redmi Y2
2018-07-27 16:00:59

Banned

abhishek98 | from Redmi Y2

does Redmi y2 has any kind of display protection
2018-07-27 16:01:49

Pro Bunny

#BUGhunter | from Redmi Note 5

Hello,hoping my querries will get answered.Let me get started then.
At first,

1.Is there any scope to get face unlock feature and image stabilization in Redmi note 5 india or have some hardware limitations?

Secondly, why is the speaker volume is not that loud ? Let me know you that, there is no physical issue with the speakers but I find the loudness not up to the mark.

3.Why is MiUi updates and even regular system app updates are so slow.Apps don't get updates after being reported bugs in them.I am constantly raising the issue in Mi Video app.I wont mention that here.Get it checked and fix if you can because it has been reported couple of months ago and still no solution.

4.Why does Mi Apps prompt to show us Ads time and again about its contents(we dont like to see them outside the app) and all other jackpot offers(?) that no one really gets.

5. Messaging app needs to be better no option to see sent massages or drafts..

Rest I would say you guys are doing a great job.Keep it up and don't forget that you have once launched a device too named Redmi Note 5 India apart from Redmi Note 5 Pro.

Btw..for your information..my MiUi version is 9.6.4.0
2018-07-27 16:07:51