In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Y2

[Q&A] Fingerprint Unlocking feature remain in nonfunctional mode untill I rebooted.

2018-07-31 14:16:28
98 3
Today I enabled full screen gesture under full screen display settings . After using it for few hours suddenly I saw that fingerprint unlocking had not been working to unlock the lockscreen or any locked apps . Then I enabled buttons but no changes occurred , I had to reboot the phone to fix  . What could be the reason behind the issue ?? my device Redmi Y2 and MiUi 9.6.2
2018-07-31 14:16:28
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

rnrane | from Redmi Y2

Is it working properly after restarting the phone ???
2018-07-31 15:56:10
RNR

Semi Pro Bunny

Sk Jahid Fazal Author | from Redmi Y2

rnrane
Is it working properly after restarting the phone ???

yes, after the rebooting its working but trying to detect the cause, can't understand whether the problem occurred due to enabling of full screen gesture or not.
2018-08-01 00:38:09

Master Bunny

rnrane | from Redmi Y2

Sk Jahid Fazal
yes, after the rebooting its working but trying to detect the cause, can't understand whether the  ...

I don't think so, because I'm also using full-screen mode and no such problem was there when I switched to it. It can be due to some other factor because fingerprint scanner is at back of phone and not dependent on screen like other phones.
There would have some issue in software and after your phone restarting the cache memory got cleared and that problem might've gone.
But keep watch.
2018-08-01 01:41:16
RNR