In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Y2

[Discussion] Is it possible to strict to only 4g or only 3g network in Redmi Y2 by any way ?

2018-09-20 09:03:45
190 10
Let me express my disappointment regarding the preferred network options in Redmi Y2 . There are only prefer LTE or Prefer 3G options . There should be only LTE and Only 3G option too like already included Only 2G . I have been facing problem due to frequently fluctuations of network from 4G to 3G to 2G . During online gameplay in PES 2018 I had lost many matches which lowered down my ratings and made me feel irritating . I have a non touch screen micromax v407 or Bharat1 of Rs. 2000/-  which runs on Stock Android Kitkat 4.4.4  , In that phone those aforesaid options are easily available. Is it possible to strict to only 4g or only 3g network in Redmi devices by any way ??
2018-09-20 09:03:45
Favorites1 RateRate

Master Bunny

rnrane | from Redmi Y2

Its not problem in phone but of network providers, sometimes the network of one type say 4G switches to other type in a area so phone catches that Network. If you're using 4g only sim like Jio then during network drop the whole connection goes off as Jio supports only 4g. I had Sony Xperia C which had option to set network to a specific type only like you've mentioned Micromax but when Network used to drop, the phone always lost 3g Network... the 'Preferred Network' option ensures that if our preferred network in our area switches then also we can get connectivity in 3g or 2g....
2018-09-20 11:15:21
RNR

Semi Pro Bunny

Sk Jahid Fazal Author | from Redmi Y2

rnrane
Its not problem in phone but of network providers, sometimes the network of one type say 4G switches ...

obviously phone do not posses the feature of restricting signal to only 4G or only 3G , that's the shortcomings of the phone.. See any other stock android phone there you will see 4 options ,
1. GSM/WCDMA/LTE
2. LTE ONLY
3. WCDMA ONLY
4.GSM ONLY
the first one is similar to prefer LTE options.. It could be beneficial if Redmi phones do have those options..
2018-09-20 13:57:31

Master Bunny

DevilSpidy | from Redmi Note 4

Enter *#*#4636#*#* and then Go to Phone Information for SIM which u wanna do and there choose LTE ONLY and then come back to Home screen. Now close all apps and Done.
2018-09-20 15:12:31
Devil..

Master Bunny

rnrane | from Redmi Y2

Sk Jahid Fazal
obviously phone do not posses the feature of restricting signal to only 4G or only 3G , that's the ...

Though phone gives above settings, then also there will be problem of loosing network connection if the connection type changes for sometime by the Network itself, because if we set preferred network to LTE only/ WCDMA ONLY or GSM ONLY then if Network drops then SIM will loose Network straight away instead catching other available Network mode from same provider
2018-09-20 15:20:13
RNR

sktaufiq | from Redmi 4

rnrane
Its not problem in phone but of network providers, sometimes the network of one type say 4G switches ...

right bro
2018-09-21 01:36:19

Semi Pro Bunny

rnrane
Though phone gives above settings, then also there will be problem of loosing network connection i ...

you didn't catch my problem.. It is my necessity to be only in one stable network.. in my area Vodafone has all three types of available network and all the time it fluctuates among 4G, 3G and 2G which interrupts online gameplay . so in my area even I set to only 3G or 4G there won't be any chance of losing signal.. after trying the numeric code given by another user here I found those options and now set sim1 to LTE/WCDMA and after that I noticed no issue of dropping of signal from 4G to 2G or 3G to 2G .
2018-09-21 04:32:39

Semi Pro Bunny

DevilSpidy
Enter *#*#4636#*#* and then Go to Phone Information for SIM which u wanna do and there choose LTE ON ...

I tried and it solved the issue , thanks
2018-09-21 04:33:54

Rookie Bunny

1684298120 | from Redmi Y2

mera 1timee 2 4g network nhi aata q
2018-09-21 05:01:38

Master Bunny

rnrane | from Redmi Y2

Sk Jahid Fazal
you didn't catch my problem.. It is my necessity to be only in one stable network.. in my area Vod ...

Its good if your problem is solved...
2018-09-21 05:04:50
RNR

Master Bunny

rnrane | from Redmi Y2

mera 1timee 2 4g network nhi aata q

at a time only one sim is allowed to use 4g in Redmi Y2.
2018-09-21 05:47:50
RNR