Mi.com | APP Download | About Mi Community | Privacy Policy |
India
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi TV

[Discussion] Mi TV 4 Pro 55 inch - Issues / Limitations / Solutions

2018-10-18 09:29:41
5593 27
Going to consolidate all the issues with Mi TV 4 Pro (should apply to Mi TV 4a Pro and Mi TV 4c Pro too) here in one place to make it easier to keep track of.

Hardware Issues / Limitations:
  • No hardware mute button.
  • No hardware input button.
  • No HDMI 2.0 support.
  • All ports are in the rear of the TV. If TV is wall mounted using a standard mount then it's very difficult to access the ports. You will need to remove the TV from the mount to do so.
  • No easy way to put the TV in standby mode. See below for solution.

Software Issues / Limitations:
  • No Netflix support out of the box. Casting via Chromecast built-in works.
  • No Amazon Prime Video support. See below for solution.
  • When Chromecast built-in Ambient mode is on and you try casting to the TV, the content plays but the Ambient mode doesn't close. Hence you can't watch the casted content. You need to go to the Android TV / Patchwall home screen and then cast the content again.
  • Not possible to mute TV using Google Assistant. See below for solution.
  • Not possible to change input sources using Google Assistant. See below for solution.
  • Voice commands only work while online.
  • When coming out of standby mode, sometime there is no volume on the TV. Need to power down the TV and power it back on to get it working again.
  • Google Assistant on other devices (smart phones / smart speakers) will respond to commands related to the TV but won't actually perform any action. For example, after saying Hey Google, play Girls Like You by Maroon 5 on my TV, Google Assistant will respond and say Okay. Playing Girls Like You by Maroon 5 on TV but nothing happens. For me on the Mi LED TV 4 Pro, this happened after the OPM1.171019.011.1011 system update.

Solutions:
  • Go into standby mode
    Using Google Assistant - Say Hey Google, switch off my TV / Hey Google, switch on my TV.
  • Amazon Prime Video
    Until Mi officially supports the app, please visit the following link to download and side-load the apk.
    https://toengel.net/philipsblog/ ... odellen-verfuegbar/
    Link to v4.8.69 is at the bottom of the page.
    Use a file manager such as FX File Explorer (though you need the FX File Explorer (Plus License Key) to use FX Connect to easily access files from your phone) to install the apk directly.
  • Easily mute / unmute your TV
    Using Google Assistant - Say Hey Google, mute my TV / Hey Google, unmute my TV.
  • Easily change input sources
    Using Google Assistant - Say Hey Google, switch to HDMI 1.
    Using Mi Smart Remote - When connect to any input source, press the center D-pad button on the Mi Smart Remote. This brings up options to select input sources

Tips & Tricks:
  • Download the Android TV Remote Control app on your smart phone and pressing the hardware volume buttons on your device will change the TV volume.

2018-10-18 09:29:41
Favorites4 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

wwwescape Author |

Does the TV support HDMI-CEC and standby mode?
2018-10-18 09:37:38
Agree to most of the above points
As I understand, Netflix and Prime are WIP.. hope they will roll out soon

Google assistant works for me to mute, and to change the source...

Mute TV / Unmute TV command works for sound
Connect TV to HDMI 1... connects to HDMI 1. However, a remote button and a default input setting would have been nice. Now to watch from any external inputs, need to wait for the home screen and then change the input... a big change from my previous non-smart TV, where it will just connect to the last used input port...
2018-10-18 15:38:51

Rookie Bunny

wwwescape Author | from mobile

alexgee
Agree to most of the above points
As I understand, Netflix and Prime are WIP.. hope they will roll o ...

I will check the Google Assistant commands tonight and update the list. Let's try and list all the issues and limitations so that Mi might notice or we can resolve on our own (like you helped me for the Google Assistant commands).

As soon as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video work, I will strike them off the list.
2018-10-18 20:02:19

Rookie Bunny

1667674708 | from mobile

HDMI 2.0 is working, please make sure you have turned off HDMI Control under CEC. You can find this under Settings  Inputs  CEC  HDMI Control.
Once this is turned off, connect your 4K Device through any of the HDMI port and once you are in that device's display, click the centre button of the TV Remote, and you will see TV OPTIONS. Go to Settings in that  Device Settings  HDMI 2.0 and enable it. After this your device will recognise the TV as a 4K HDR Capable 60 FPS display.
Enjoy the 4K.
In my case the connected device is a PS4 Pro.  
2018-10-18 20:23:06

Rookie Bunny

wwwescape Author |

1667674708 replied at 2018-10-18 20:23:06
HDMI 2.0 is working, please make sure you have turned off HDMI Control under CEC. You can find this  ...

I will check this tonight.
2018-10-19 15:26:01
Has anyone tried digging deep into the processor using CPU-Z? https://play.google.com/store/ap ... _z&hl=en_IN
2018-10-19 15:58:27

Rookie Bunny

wwwescape Author |

ur_2nd_dad replied at 2018-10-19 15:58:27
I think "Hey Google" is unnecessary. FYI, Google official term is "OK Google".

Understood. However, I was trying with the Google Assistant on my phone and my Google Home Mini.
2018-10-19 17:44:02

Rookie Bunny

alexgee | from app

Another issue I noticed is that voice commands work only when online. They could have kept a few offline commands for the basic operation of the tv, like turn off, mute and volume control, change source, etc, etc
2018-10-21 19:00:35

Rookie Bunny

wwwescape Author |

alexgee replied at 2018-10-21 19:00:35
Another issue I noticed is that voice commands work only when online. They could have kept a few off ...

I'll add that tot the list but i think that's a limitation of Google Assistant anyways.
2018-10-22 09:18:36
Hi,

I am not able to see JIO Cinema on My MI TV 4A Pro 49 inch. Can you please help
2018-10-22 14:34:25