In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Feedback

[Bugs] Faulty default volume button action.

2018-12-20 12:31:36
121 3
Another bug I noticed in my POCO F1 is the default volume up/down action. When you press the volume low or up buttons on your phone, it always affects the media volume irrespective of your current activity.

If you are on the home screen or any non media app and just want to lower your ring volume/make it silent, you press the volume low button assuming you have lowered your ring volume, but in fact your actions have affected only the media volume.

Volume UP

Volume DOWN

This was so frustrating to know and took plenty of embarrassing situations to find out the source of this problem. I used to curse myself for not putting my phone on silent when required, thinking it was my fault while all the time the devil was MIUI.

PLEASE developers fix this. This is so annoying. I really miss the dedicated slider on OnePlus.

Note: The volume button behaviour is correct when you enter the Sound and vibration setting.
2018-12-20 12:31:36
Favorites1 RateRate

Pro Bunny

RPOCOJ Author | from app

Request you all to also please report this bug in the feedback app.
2018-12-20 13:36:40

Rookie Bunny

Kid kid | from Redmi Note 4

Same problem
2018-12-20 13:50:14

Pro Bunny

RPOCOJ Author | from app

Same problem

Please report this in the feedback app. You can copy paste the above.
2018-12-21 13:33:32