In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A1

[Discussion] After update Android 9 Pie

2018-12-30 17:44:21
8166 31
Today I bring my "report" from 20 days after updating the system to Android Pie.

¹ Battery Autonomy
Battery life has not changed dramatically in a positive way. We should not jump to conclusions about the battery shortly after upgrading, so I waited for those 20 days to draw a conclusion (I think it is wrong for the person to update and find that Next day the battery will already have a significant difference in consumption, since we are talking about machine learning, and we know that it has some artificial intelligence taking better care of the battery in Android Pie). Now Android Pie uses artificial intelligence to take care of battery usage in a way that should be more efficient, but it does not always prove to be that efficient. I've noticed some issues that make this artificial intelligence not so clever. Android Pie now consumes a lot more battery than Android Oreo consumed when the screen is off. That is, even when you are not using your smartphone, it continues to waste battery power, and you spend more than you spent before upgrading. It is not absurd, but it was what I was able to see in my tests. The "adaptive battery" learns how you use your smartphone to manage better power consumption, but there are problems. It does not work that well. I've noticed that for 3 days in a row the battery cut off the consumption of an app that I use too much, WhatsApp, and that prevented me from receiving messages, so I only received them when I opened WhatsApp. This happened recently, about 15 days after the upgrade. It should not have happened since the system has had enough time to learn that I use WhatsApp constantly, so it should not simply cut the energy expenditure with an app I use a lot. Overall, that was it, on my device there was no improvement on the battery even with this new adaptive battery feature. Maybe I would do better if I did a factory reset, but I do not want to lose my GCam by doing this.

² GCam
After the update I realized that ALL APKS from Google Camera are not working well. They just can not focus. Autofocus and manual focus do not work on any version of Google Camera. Even in older Pixel versions, Google Camera can not focus on anything. They need to sort this out, we want to use Google Camera, but it's unfeasible to use it if it can not focus on anything. The photos look horrible and blurry. Another problem: Versions that should be compatible with Android Pie simply do not work. I do not know if it's because of the processor, but the latest APK versions of Google Camera (6.1.021) do not work on Mi A1.

³ Audio Quality I have not noticed any changes in audio quality. It's still the same for me. I made this topic just to say that there is no problem with the audio, nor with the audio in the headphones, nor in the call, at no time there were problems with audio. My tip for improving quality since we can not have Dolby Atmos: download these apps - RE EQUALIZER // Eqfy - I just tested RE EQUALIZER, it works fine for me, I use it to watch movies and listen to music. It works on Netflix, Spotify and everything, just change the output to global in app configurations that will work.

⁴ Touch/screen quality and brightness
No problem with touch here/Screen quality - No problem here. Still the same thing. The "adaptive brightness" works well for me, it's really very good and intelligent. Superior to auto brightness.

For now is all I have to say. For those who were willing to read to the end, thank you for your attention. Feel free to comment on your experience after upgrading.
2018-12-30 17:44:21
Favorites14 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

hari mac | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

awesome bro
2018-12-30 20:48:50

Pro Bunny

Prakashreddy211 | from Redmi 5

nice information bro
2018-12-30 20:59:08

Rookie Bunny

1749260102 | from Redmi 4