Updated to MIUI 10.2.1 and the changes are as below:
1. The main issue of Hotspot not able to share internet seems to be fixed now. This problem was faced by many users after the previous update.
2. Camera taking random burst images also fixed. But as all others are saying, the quality of camera has gone down a little bit.
3. Minor changes in UI.
- Battery indicator changed (I personally liked the old one though)
- VPN indicator is now continuously shown in status bar. Unlike the previous MIUI, which only showed it in notification panel when the device was locked.
- Added some shortcuts in the recent apps tray
- Changes in buttons of navigation bar
(If someone has identified any other changes, then pls add them in comment box)
4. It now allows you to place the shortcut of System updater app on home screen
5. Regarding battery backup:
- The backup has been improved when it comes to using the phone for browsing, chatting, calling etc. as compared to previous version
- However, there is no improvement during gaming. Looks to be same as it was in previous version. (I feel that some optimization must be done to make it more optimized for game play)
6. The original update seems to be of around 1-1.2 GB. In my case, after downloading the first package of 525 MB it again started to download second package of around same size. The update got completed once both the package were downloaded. (Not sure why this happened). Both the packages were present on the drive before I updated the phone.
7. Charging time indicator which used to be there on the lock screen during charging is not present in new update. (It was really a good feature and need it back. Hoping that developers bring it back with the next update)
8. New News feed option introduced. You can swipe left from lock screen for news feed (Source – User ID: 5201218448)
9. New feature added in Security – “First Aid” to optimize the device (Source – User: Sahil salunke)
Bugs which I have encountered till now:
(Will keep adding new bugs as and when encountered)
1. I have experienced one issue with the Notification panel w.r.t to WhatsApp notifications. Some times when you click on mark as read for the msg from notification panel itself, suddenly the last remaining notification will show a msg sent by the user like 10 times or more (actually the user has only sent a single msg, but the notification shows like they have sent the same msg many time). If I encounter it again, will try to take a screenshot and add it here. Pls let me know if someone has faced this problem or not.
2. All of sudden there is a notification in notification panel stating that Themes is running in background. The task does not get completed and can't be removed from notification panel. It needs to be killed manually by using the Force stop option.
(Pls add the bugs which you encounter in comments box)
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .