In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 2

[Q&A] [Mi MIX 2] Frequently Asked Questions: Feb 2019

2019-02-17 11:09:45
1425 8
Hello, Mi Fans and fellow Mi MIX 2 users,

We have been listening to your queries about Mi MIX 2 and compiled a list of frequently asked questions by you. You can find answers for such queries below.

Q. When will Mi MIX 2 get Android 9?
A. There is no official information regarding Android Pie for Mi MIX 2. As soon as we get the info, we will be posting here. So, stay tuned to the Community.

Q. QC 3.0 is not working in my Mi MIX 2. What’s the issue?
A. QC 3.0 issue has been reported long back. Developers are trying to fix it. Let’s hope it will be solved soon.

Q. When will Mi MIX 2 get face unlock?
A. There is no official announcement regarding face unlock in Mi MIX 2. Stay tuned to Mi Community to know more.

Q. Proximity sensor is not working in my Mi MIX 2.
A. Mi MIX 2 has an ultrasonic proximity sensor, make sure that it isn’t turned off in the settings. Also, perform a hardware test from Security app to check if there’s anything wrong with it.

Q. When will AI-Portrait mode come to MIX 2?
A. Mi MIX 2 already received AI-Portrait mode, this will help you to take portrait shots from both front and back camera, even though MIX 2 has only 1 camera at each side.

Q. Battery draining a lot after MIUI 10 update.
A. Many users are facing the battery drain issue, it has been reported and developers are working to solve it soon.

Q. Any word about MIUI 11?
MIUI 11 development has just begun, and it takes a lot of time to make it available to the public. Stay tuned to Community to know the updates.

Q. Is the anti-rollback feature implemented in MIX 2?
A. No, anti-rollback is not yet implemented in MIX 2. This means users can downgrade to previous MIUI version.

Q. When will I get the next stable update?
A. Stable updates are released once in every two-three months, it may even be longer. Mi MIX 2 is now running on MIUI 10.0.2.0(ODEMIFH). Check the updater app if you haven’t received it yet.

Q. What is MU-MIMO feature in Mi MIX 2?
A. MU – MIMO stands for Multi User-Multi Input Multi Output, this allows you to turn on WiFi & Mobile Hotspot at the same time.

Q. Does Mi MIX 2 support Dual VoLTE?
A. Unfortunately, Mi MIX 2 doesn’t support Dual VoLTE due to hardware limitations.

Q. Does Mi MIX 2 have Camera2api enabled?
A. No, Mi MIX 2 doesn’t have Camera2api enabled by default. There is no official information as to when it will be enabled.

Q. Auto-rotation of front camera not working while video calling.
A. Auto-rotation of front camera happens only in the stock camera app. This is because the front camera is placed on the bottom chin for MIX 2. There is no word yet regarding this support for third-party apps.

Q. When will Mi Max 2 get MIUI 10/ Android Oreo?
A. You read it right; users are asking queries related to Max 2 in MIX 2 section. Please ask your queries in the correct section and my colleagues over there will help you out.

Hope most of your queries have been answered. If anything is missed out, please post your query in Mi MIX 2 section and we'll be the happiest to help you out.

2019-02-17 11:09:45
Favorites4 RateRate

Grandmaster Bunny

Solver13 | from Redmi Note 4

Useful information for all Mi Mix 2 users, thanks for sharing :)
2019-02-17 12:26:28

App Review Team

Maji George | from Redmi 6 Pro

thanks for sharing
2019-02-17 22:14:19
VERY VERY GOOD
2019-02-20 00:51:59
ITS DAM GOOD
2019-02-20 00:52:18

Advanced Bunny

Ankit 1806079346 | from Redmi Note 4

Frequently mi mix2
2019-02-20 05:40:55

Advanced Bunny

Litman | from Mi MIX 2

Really nees Android P, quick charge 3.0 and also need to solve battery draining problem
and after that we don't need anything this device will be complete we won't ask for much after this
but please provide these features.
Thanks
2019-03-06 09:47:39

Rookie Bunny

Leicao1832184917 | from Mi MIX 2

thanks friend
2019-03-11 09:44:34

Semi Pro Bunny

xanubhavx | from Mi MIX 2

1- It should be out by now, being a Flagship device. It's pathetic that we still don't have an ETA for Pie update.
2- QC issue can easily be fixed by deleting a file in system partition. Hire better developers as they seems like those lazy govt. official those who don't want to work.
3- Auto rotation in apps that uses front camera should be available before releasing this phone. Xiaomi got 3 phones with bottom camera, they gotta make sure the experience doesn't suck due to that.
4- Again, hire better developers, they will enable CAM2API, it's a must when your default camera app is simply degrading with each update.

I am really disappointment with the way Xiaomi is behaving since last couple of years.
2019-03-27 08:02:01
Follow my work on my blog @ mrnoob.net
And you can connect with me @Anoobav on all social media platform.

Thank you. https://c.mi.com/static/image/smiley/comcom/2.gif