In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7 Pro

[Discussion] Google-Camera 7.3 for Redmi Note 7 Pro

2019-05-13 15:41:13
14200 80
Redmi Note 7 Pro is one of the best mid-range camera-smartphones money can buy. Its Sony IMX586 sensor is capable of delivering amazing photos even in the most difficult lighting conditions, and with the help of Google-Camera we can achieve astonishing results thanks to its superior image processing algorithm. The new release of Google-Camera 7.3 literally turns photos into works of art!

This build is quite stable and fast, with smooth transitions when switching through the menus and a very responsive UI. Most features work really well, such as Portrait, Panorama, Photo Sphere, Time Lapse, Night Sight and so on!

[Bugs]
  • random viewfinder lag
  • face retouching not working
  • front cam video mode not working

Slow Motion works properly only on AOSP. Doesn't work on MIUI Pie and only works partially on MIUI Android 10. It's not working properly on MIUI Stock Cam either because Xiaomi broke slow motion in the latest Pie versions, while MIUI 11/12 Android 10 is still in beta phase and isn't stable enough yet

EIS on AOSP and MIUI Android 10 works for all resolutions/fps modes (including front cam)

EIS on MIUI Pie works only for 1080p ~A/24/30fps and 4K ~A/24/30fps videos (60fps doesn't work)

You can download Google-Camera 7.3.020 v5 Beta made by Arnova8G2 from HERE
If you aren't able to install G-Cam please use the cloned APK from HERE

[Changelog]
  • optimized code
  • optimized lib patcher
  • improved app launch
  • fixed viewfinder format
  • disabled portrait zoom
  • removed aux buttons
  • fixed motion photo
  • added Set Log Mode
  • fixed slow motion video
  • fixed dynamic black level
  • fixed automatic AI Dual EV
  • added RN7Pro device config
  • improved sabre management
  • added images quality selection
  • inverted low-frequency chroma
  • fixed magenta hue on front cam
  • fixed front cam colors & skin tones
  • corrected AWB Off on front camera
  • corrected AWB Off on back camera
  • fixed Google AWB on portrait mode
  • fixed Night Sight exposure & artifacts
  • fixed processing on astro interruption
  • added xml disable unlock mod toggle
  • corrected main lib patcher addresses
  • added spatial denoise in lib patcher
  • added dehazed option in lib patcher
  • added sabre merge method override
  • added new experimental lib patcher
  • added experimental stream configs
  • added 4K ~auto/24/30/60fps modes
  • fixed long-press shutter video recording
  • fixed electronic image stabilization [works simultaneously with OIS]
  • added disable sound recording toggle [useful for smoother slow motion videos]

After much trial and error I've managed to find the best combination of settings and fully optimize Google-Camera 7.3 for obtaining fantastic image quality and overall performance. You can find the XML config for Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet) HERE

• Main Config has SuperResZoom enabled by default for maximum photo quality

To learn how to use XML files please see this tutorial [ Use the name "Configs7" instead of "Configs" for the sub-folder containing the XML files ] » put the XML file(s) inside "Configs7" sub-folder » open G-Cam and double-tap the black empty space around the shutter button » apply config (switching between configs does not require rebooting)

NOTE: Google Gallery Go is recommended!

AWB is disabled by default to ensure a straightforward and hassle-free user experience. Suits all indoor and outdoor conditions by rendering accurate image temperature and colors whether shooting in natural or artificial lighting

AWB On is suitable for shooting in particular outdoor conditions where a cooler image temperature is needed. Great for capturing foliage with dark-blueish greens and generally recommended for blue colors. Especially suitable for cloudy weather and useful for framing the blue sky with a mass of water in one shot. Not suitable for capturing warm colors such as light-greens or yellow colors in general and great for neutralizing sunlight

[ PRO Back Camera Tips ]

When shooting in low-light scenarios like after sunset or before sunrise, tap to focus on the center of the viewfinder for a better exposure. Manually focusing on the center of the viewfinder will raise just the right amount of exposure for a perfectly balanced ratio between highlights and shadows

When shooting a subject with strong light coming from behind, tap to focus on the subject and slightly raise exposure using exposure slider. This will ensure the subject won't be underexposed

[ PRO Front Camera Tip ]

When shooting a selfie with strong light coming from behind or when shooting in low-light, your face may be underexposed. To counteract this issue, tap to focus on the center of your face and slightly raise exposure using exposure slider. This will ensure your face will be well exposed

[ Other Useful Tips ]

For faster photos with HDR+ Enhanced, set Images Quality to ‹Off› or use standard HDR+ instead of Enhanced

For smoother selfies with less facial details on HDR+ Enhanced, turn off lib patcher from Mods Configs Creator and set Images Quality to ‹Off› or use standard HDR+ instead of Enhanced

For smoother 4K videos HEVC must be disabled from advanced settings

For smoother slow-motion videos there is a dedicated ‹Disable sound recording› toggle which can be enabled from settings

To eliminate focus hunting issues while recording a slow-motion video, tap to focus on the center of the viewfinder and lock AF/AE by tapping the lock icon on top of the EV slider

Front camera does not work in video mode. To record a video with front camera please follow these steps: go to Camera mode › switch to front camera › long-press on shutter button

[ Night Sight Astrophotography ]

For Astro mode there is a dedicated ‹Astrophotography On› button which can be enabled from Night Sight drop-down menu

{ Focus » infinity } { Timer » 3sec }

IMPORTANT: A clean install is always recommended prior to using Google-Camera 7.3 in order to avoid possible functionality issues with the app! First uninstall all G-Cam apps currently found on your system » install G-Cam7 » clear G-Cam7 data and cache and apply the settings/config » reboot device

!!! Some custom ROMs may require this Magisk module in order to be able to install and use G-Cam7! MIUI users are not required to apply this module as Google-Camera 7 works by default on MIUI China, Global (Indian) and Xiaomi EU ROMs !!!

Enjoy Google-Camera 7.3 on your violet device!
2019-05-13 15:41:13
Favorites56 RateRate

Master Bunny

Suresh@123 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Very nice. I think xiomi failed to use 48 mp correctly
2019-05-13 19:47:49

Master Bunny

rahulstomar78 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

awesome article
2019-05-13 21:06:33

Rookie Bunny

5189897417 | from Redmi 6 Pro

nice one to look ....
2019-05-13 21:34:16

Master Bunny

harikrishna10271 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

thanks for sharing
2019-05-13 21:48:11

Pro Bunny

Raxmi | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

I am using 'arnova8g2 google camera for mi9' in my Redmi note 7 pro and it's producing similar colors as the gcam you mentioned...My settings in arnova gcam 'enable pixel awb(auto white balance), and donot change anything even saturation remains same' and here is the comparison...

Yours producing slightly cooler tone and mine producing slightly warmer otherwise they are same...here is the link to my gcam

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk
2019-05-13 22:27:33

Master Bunny

5203933800 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Thanks for sharing
2019-05-13 22:32:04

Advanced Bunny

Vlachorum Sapiens Author | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Raxmi
I am using arnova8g2 google camera for mi9 and it's producing similar colors as the gcam you mention ...

Interesting results! I've tried Arnova's build on my Redmi Note 7 Pro and also xtrme's build developed for Mi 9, but unfortunately the color tone isn't accurate and it tends to be on the cooler side with a slight greenish tint, while exposure isn't that great. One might expect more or less the same results when using the same GCam build on both the Mi 9 and Redmi Note 7 Pro since they have the same Sony IMX586 sensor. But that's clearly not the case. Although the main camera is the same on both devices, they have very different image processing hardware and that is why the results will always be different. This GCam build performs much better on the Redmi Note 7 Pro than those builds developed for Mi 9. It's surprising to see that it also works very well on your Mi 9. But still I would recommend you xtrme's build as it's the best GCam for the Mi 9 at the moment.
2019-05-13 22:56:39
Violet™️ ⟨ Google Camera Beta Tester ⟩

Advanced Bunny

Vinodkumarr | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

not working on rn5 pro
2019-05-13 23:02:11

Advanced Bunny

Vlachorum Sapiens Author | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Vinodkumarr
not working on rn5 pro

Try this one developed by marlin-ku specifically for the Redmi Note 5 » https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/gc_6.1.021_whyred_05dm.apk
2019-05-13 23:11:06
Violet™️ ⟨ Google Camera Beta Tester ⟩

Pro Bunny

Raxmi | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Vlachorum Sapiens
Interesting results! I've tried Arnova's build on my Redmi Note 7 Pro and also xtrme's build devel ...

Oh actually I forgot to mention that I am using my Redmi note 7 pro...Not mi 9...sorry for that....
2019-05-13 23:55:52