Hi Mi Fans,

Today I’m back with yet another informative thread. Smartphones are getting upgraded very fast over the past few years. As the smartphones are getting upgraded the Storage in smartphones has also showed improvements in speed and performance. In this thread we are going to discuss about such an new upgradation in smartphone storage called ‘UFS 3.0’. So let’s get started with this thread.

What is UFS ?

As I mentioned above Smartphones are getting upgraded very fast over the past few years and as the smartphones are getting upgraded the Storage in smartphones has also showed improvements in speed and performance. One such upgradation in storage is known as UFS. UFS stands for Universal Flash Storage. UFS is a flash storage specification for smartphones. UFS is positioned as a replacement for SD cards and eMMCs. The main idea behind UFS is to bring higher data transfer speed and increased reliability to flash memory storage. Universal Flash Storage is based on the SCSI Tagged Command Queuing andSCSI architectural model.

What is UFS 3.0 ?

The UFS 2.0 was introduced with Snapdragon 820 and now the UFS 3.0 is introduced with Snapdragon 855. Mostly in budget smartphones eMMC is used to store information and most of us would have come across the term UFS only in high end devices. By offering up to 2.5V of electricity per NAND cell, UFS 3.0 improves the lifespan of the storage. With consuming less power UFS 3.0 will be able to double data bandwidth so with less power we get more data bandwidth. UFS 3.0 could also provide upto x3 Faster when compared to eMMC. UFS 3.0 is capable of transferring 11.6Gbps data per lane, and maximum peak data transfer rate of 23.2Gbps with two lanes.

With UFS 3.0 you will be able to process everything with a quick turnaround time as result heavy games like pubg etc can be quickly loaded in your smartphone. You will also be able to experience smoother multitasking with the help of UFS 3.0. As the smartphone cameras nowadays are coming with 48MP and increasing the UFS 3.0 will be best solution to quickly save the photos. With UFS 3.0 the next generation of mobile computing is definitely going to be faster than ever.

So Mi Fans this is small intro about UFS 3.0. Let me know your thoughts about this UFS 3.0 in the comment section below. Thank You for Reading and will catch you guys with my next interesting thread.

THANK YOU MI FANS FOR READING.