In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi K20 Pro

[Bugs] ° K20 PRO BUG LIST!!! [MIUI 11] [DEAD]

2019-08-06 06:49:59
11264 154
ATTENTION!!!

1. Frequent restarts (I've the 8gb variant so don't know about others and yes I've resetted my phone multiple times).[FIXED!]

2. Very slow fingerprint scanner and many times it fails to recognise too (I even added 5 fingerprints of the same finger still it's not working).[refer edit #11]

3. Touch doesn't feels that responsive.

4. WiFi connection drops.

5. Sometimes while clicking on a link the pop up doesn't has any app to select, it only has the remember my choice option.[FIXED!]

Edit #1:

6. Double tap to select text doesn't work 90% of the time.

Edit #2:

7. Sometimes after dismissing the notification still the app icon remains in the notification bar.

8. Poor reception and network speed compared to other brands in this price bracket. (This was not expected from Xiaomi. I think next time I'll go for OnePlus. Feeling cheated!) Please work on CA!!!

Edit #3:

9. Fingerprint doesn't work with Gpay app(comment if there are others).[FIXED!]

10. Uber app needs to be killed several times to make it load.[FIXED!]

11. Contrast issue with Google photos app.[FIXED!]

12. Afterimage while scrolling. (This doesn't happen always)

Edit #4:

13. I faced serious screen flickering when I opened mi community app this morning. This happened once though. What can be the reason? Faulty display?
[FIXED! Not facing this anymore]

Edit #5:

14. Mic doesn't work with discord.

Edit #6:

15. Serious heating issue while:

~~~ Using camera for more than 10mins.

~~~ Listening to music via speakers for more than 15mins. (The part where the speaker is gets really hot).

Edit #7:

~~Updated the bug-list after 10.3.5 OTA!

Edit #8:

16. PIP mode doesn't works if I hit home button but it works if I hit back button. (Note: The sound plays in the background tho and I'm using full-screen gestures for navigation)

Edit #9:

17. Need HD support for online streaming services.

18. Gaming performace must be optimised:

~~ Here is what I tested in past couple of days. I played PUBG in Crown 2/3 in my friend's OP 7 and K20 pro multiple times with my friends (only hot drops). After playing on OP 7 when I switched to K20 pro it seemed a little choppy, don't get me wrong its still playable. My last device was Honor 8 pro so its was much better to play on K20 pro, I must say. But K20 pro is far behind the stability that OP7 offers. Conclusion: If you are competitive player you should go for OP 7 unless they fix this. -- HERE IS A YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR REFERENCE! (Video Credit: Dhananjay Bhosale)

Edit #10:

19. Auto brightness sensor's calibration ain't up to the mark.

Edit #11:

~~Updated the bug-list after 10.4.8 OTA! (The so called stable update)

20. Fingerprint sensor has gone much worse. It's slow and the failure rates has also increased.

21. I can see visible lags in the UI.

22. Unable to disable apps from Google Play Store. Either give the option in your system settings or fix that Google Play issue because it's every individual's right that they can disable any apps.

Edit #12:

23. Unable to turn off the display while on call.

24. App crashes and hangs.

25. Reception has gone worse.

Edit #13:

26. PIP mode has a unwanted whitish background with wierd y-axis offset and z-index as -1. And it doesn't work every time.

27. Playstore's app update glitch, which actually never updates. Sometimes reinstalling works.

Edit #14:

28. Audio from the inbuilt screen recorder has gone worse too.

29. Battery performance decreased alot.

Edit #15:

30. When color calibration is set to standard then it doesn't applies to the lockscreen. If only I choose the automatic contrast option then it remains the same. But still while unlocking the screen it feels like the calibration is shifting.

31. Low sound on wireless ear phones.
Edit #16: [FIXED! Refer Edit #17]

~ Now this is pathetic. I thought I'm the only one facing this issue and I was thingking of resetting my device. But today when I read the community post then there were many people with the exact same problem. MONOPOLY everywhere! Never gonna buy Xiaomi device again. Probably I'll root this device too. Now I can't do anything with my device.

32. Unable to play most of the videos.[FIXED!]

33. Unable to upload videos to social networking sites like Instagram and WhatsApp (Even when I browse, I can't see the photos and videos there).[FIXED!]

34. Unable to open any post in Mi-community app.[FIXED!]

35. Unable to hear ringtone or notification tone.[FIXED!]

36. Unable to play music from Youtube Music (Sometimes).[FIXED!]

37. Unable to view Whatapp status (Pic only).[FIXED!]

38. When I play video offline then the phone hangs. This happens when I try to play video with any app.[FIXED!]

39. Unable to expand the update log in Play Store.[FIXED!]

40. Many application stopped connecting to the network.[FIXED!]
41. Unable to make or recieve calls.[FIXED!]

42. Unable to open any notification.[FIXED!]

Edit #17:

~ So resetting the device fixed all the bugs on #16th edit. I must say it's really not feasible to reset the phone everytime if something like this happens. I've a good internet connection so it took me 2 hours to setup everything back again, but what about people who has daily FUPs? It will take days if not weeks to restore and download everthing for them. So please stop pushing half-baked updated.

I could RANT like crazy on this but I don't have time for this.

Edit #18:

Stop addressing us as "MI FANs". No one is a mi fan, they just have your company's phone that's why they have to follow this so called community forum, where the only thing that matters is what you guys want.

Don't reply to this thread guys. I'm not gonna maintain this thread now. Xiaomi is gonna do whatever they feel like so what's the point letting them know what we want. That all guys. Bye!
2019-08-06 06:49:59
Favorites10 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Vaib993 | from Redmi K20 Pro

I am also facing problem number 2,3 and 5. I would also like to add that while using dark mode, since the text is also black, the notifications are not visible.
I am using 6gb, 128gb version K20 pro.
2019-08-06 06:59:43

Advanced Bunny

FaxMachine Author | from Redmi K20 Pro

I am also facing problem number 2,3 and 5. I would also like to add that while using dark mode, since the text is also black, the notifications are not visible.
I am using 6gb, 128gb version K20 pro.

I think '1' is only for 8GB variants.
2019-08-06 07:01:38

Advanced Bunny

5226615403 | from Redmi K20 Pro

Hi,
i am using the 8gb/256gb variant. facing all issues as you mentioned.
2019-08-06 07:25:55

Advanced Bunny

Hi,
i am using the 8gb/256gb variant. facing all issues as you mentioned.

Add if you are facing any more bugs.
2019-08-06 08:04:12

Advanced Bunny

too many to be honest. coming from Oneplus so disappointed here. giving it a few more days
2019-08-06 09:05:17

Advanced Bunny

too many to be honest. coming from Oneplus so disappointed here. giving it a few more days

OnePlus had half-baked phones too but they release fixes frequently as they launch 1-2 phones per year. Not the case with Xiaomi, as they have highly skinned ROM and so many launches.
SAD!!!
2019-08-06 09:32:45

Advanced Bunny

hopefully, they fix our issues soon
2019-08-06 10:11:06

Advanced Bunny

1602089279 | from Redmi K20 Pro

i am also facing 2,3 and 5.
i don't think k20pro explorer program is useful expect those f**d up reviews.
they should mention bugs instead they say fastest phone in planet bla bla.
and there are add at starting of community app which is getting irritating every time, what's the use of those adds when some one is using Redmi product.
2019-08-06 12:15:44

Advanced Bunny

there is also front camera over exposure problem
and rare camara yellowish colour shift problem when you tilt the phone upwards
2019-08-06 12:21:10

Advanced Bunny

the mobile phone is super but there are so many bugs
2019-08-06 12:22:06