In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi K20 Pro

Debate of the Week
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Discussion] [Debate Of The Week] Do you think we should be using back cases on our Phones?

2019-11-12 01:30:25
15021 213
Hi Mi Fans,

How are you all? I hope you are having a pleasant time in the community. This week we have an amazing topic with which we are often confused - "Should we use back cases on our phone or not?" These days smartphones are being launched with awesome specs along with a new design, like Xiaomi’s flagship killer Redmi K20 Pro. Most importantly, these devices are often protected with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5 even on the rear of the smartphone. So my question is "Do we still need a case for our smartphones?"

Let's begin the debate.
Looking back at the time, smartphones used to come in the plain back with no design. Even most of the flagships used to have metal or plastic back, often prone to scratches and discoloring or getting dirty (thanks to rough uses).

In order to protect those devices, we often used good quality cases to protect the devices. According to me, this ruins the premium feel of flagship-level smartphones. Then the OEMs started providing a transparent case in the box, which was quite thin and if you had a smartphone with a unique design it was visible to the outer world.

Since technology is changing very rapidly, the glass back came. But they were too limited to flagships and were very susceptible to major cracks if dropped. But today the smartphones are being protected with Corning’s Gorilla Glass which can sustain drops from even a height of 5 feet or more. But, when you have different smartphones with the same specs, one will obviously go for the smartphone which has got better looks.

For example, the Redmi K20 Pro has got an Aura Prime Design that produces flame-like pattern amazing when seen under proper lighting conditions and the Mi A3 also features a helix wave-like pattern which bounces back when the light strikes the back or you tilt the device.

Still, users like to have different kinds of cases with either their favorite cartoon characters or in-game characters. They can change it as many times as they want and that too with a new design or picture. To be honest, the day I started using smartphones, I have used them without any case or cover. It comes out to be very handy as adding a case increases the thickness of the device. And sometimes not letting heat escape from the smartphone while charging or playing heavy games.

So what are your opinions? Do you think that we still need smartphone cases when we have a smartphone with a glass back and a unique design? Do let us know your thoughts by participating in the debate.

Subscribe to our columns to Stay updated with interesting Debates, Polls, Tutorial and more from Device Team:

End Time: 2039-11-15 01:30:00
VS
For 331
Yes I would like to use a back case as it protects the smartphone from getting scratches.
Against 86
No, I would like to use smartphone without any case as it ruins the premium feel of the smartphone.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +3 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-11-12 01:30:25
Favorites79 RateRate
Debate of the Week
Weekly Debates on Hot topics in the smartphones and Tech
38 Article Description     300 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Advanced Bunny

Adarsh aadi | from app

it protects mobile from accidental falls
2019-11-12 01:55:01
It is more safe having a back cover
2019-11-12 02:08:32

Pro Bunny

Sunil P Prabhu | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Saran _V_black
It is more safe having a back cover

helps to prevent the breakage during accidental fall of handset
2019-11-12 02:36:35

Rookie Bunny

1703513525 | from Redmi Note 5

i think the xeiomi have to focus on the quality of the phone and the update of the phone because most of the mobile does not get latest update.......
2019-11-12 02:43:42
Yes we need a case to protect our devices from getting scratches on it.
2019-11-12 02:57:45

Rookie Bunny

5234306577 | from Redmi K20 Pro

it is just safer
2019-11-12 02:59:46

Advanced Bunny

++++++ | from mobile

Companies control the monopoly over this and especially low offering company like This. They want us the consumer to break the phone because repairing the phone has high profit margin. So no matter what, This in never going to happen.
2019-11-12 03:03:40

Rookie Bunny

Arpan k.r Ghosh | from Mi A3

Why we are not getting android 10 update on Mi A3 ?? . Although its a Android one device .. Phones like one plus 7t which is running on a custom skin has Android 10 ... But Mi A3 is not getting this update ...
2019-11-12 03:20:01

Rookie Bunny

Syedzubairz | from Mi MIX 2

Yes i use back case
2019-11-12 03:27:47

Rookie Bunny

5166064445 | from Redmi Note 4

Stop using mi phone ...poor after sale service .... doesn't give update on time ...no news about delay ....shame....I will never buy mi phone please Stop using mi phone raise voice so they give us on time
2019-11-12 03:54:55