In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Off-Topic] #MiAndYouBetterTogether: My journey to Xiaomi HQ in Beijing with 20+ Mi Fans from around the world

2020-01-16 01:55:44
107519 104

Hello Everyone!
I'm back again with the final full recap thread of my Grand Tour to Xiaomi HQ in Beijing as a part of the Mi and You #BetterTogether program. While it is quite impossible for me or any of the moderators who got this opportunity to summarize all the fun, moments and memories in just mere words, it is my privilege and duty to let my fellow Mi Fans know everything about the visit bit by bit.

Just to set the context for the Mi Fans who have not been aware of this, as a part of the Annual Award 20+ Mi Fans were selected from all around the world based on their contribution in their respected communities and were invited to Visit Xiaomi HQ in China, Beijing by a sponsored trip. I was selected from the Mi Community - India, thanks to all the Mi Fans, fellow Moderators and team Members, all the respected admins at Mi Community India with a special thanks to R0user admin of Mi Community, India.

Read more about my feelings when I got to know that I have been selected for this sponsored trip and once in a lifetime chance of visiting China that too as a Mi Fan here: https://in.c.mi.com/thread-2101328-1-0.html

08/09-01-2020: Flaying to China and Visiting Xiaomi HQ, Beijing
I believe most of you have been keeping an eye on day to day journey through the daily blog post, here's everything for those who missed. Started flaying from India on 8th Jan 2020, we had everything arranged for us be it picking us up from the Airport or the checking at the Hotel. Check out the full detailed story of me getting the grand welcome here.

After a delicious dinner in the evening on the arrival day, we had a great sleep to start the real adventure of our journey. We all Mi Fans gathered at the hotel lobby and got into the bus which will drive us to the Xiaomi HQ, after a few minutes of the journey, we had arrived at the campus which is very huge and a total eye feast to any Mi Fan.

Xiaomi HQ campus in Beijing

Once arrived and gathered at the entrance we have been taken to a tour the campus to visit all the important places of the campus, below are some of the images of that.

(Beautiful Mitus showing their welcoming)

(Christmas Tree that has been set up in the entrance)

(One of my fav places in the campus, beautifully crafted MIUI Logo)

(A Mi Time Capsule by the CEO Mr.Lei Jun)

(More Mi Bunnies, this time some strong ones)

Finally the last step of sightseeing and the first step to all the surprises. Once all of us had taken the pictures of the campus and attractions, we are welcomed with a very cool welcome gift and guided to the meeting room arranged for us.

(A customized diary with pen and water for each for noting down the pieces of information)

(Xiaomi CFO Zhou Shouzi Interacting with us)

(We had a great feedback session with Mr.Zhou Shouzi for different regions)

After the feedback session, we have been divided into 3 groups and were assigned with a discussion and suggestions to improve Mi Community much better for all the Mi fans, it helped us in knowing about the Mi Community in different regions and issues that are faced, we tried our best in providing suggestions which will help the team in making Mi Community a home for all Mi fans and make it more useful to the Mi Fans.
After which we had a great lunch in Xiaomi Canteen.

(For the first time I had used the chopsticks)

We were introduced to Mr. Fred and Steven after our lunch who are part of Xiaomi Studios they helped us very much in improving our skills in using the camera app and had given great tips.

(Steven on Left, Fred on Right)

After all the session with Fred and Steven, we all have written "Fu" which is a Chinese tradition for good fortune

After a short break, we have been surprised by the MiStery Box, have a look at it, opening it up has blown all of our minds with the contents.

Yes, the box has Mi Note 10 for all of the moderators there, one for each!

(Mi Note 10 & A 360 degree Security Cameras for the suggestions given for Mi Community)

Besides this, I had a great time discussing feedback regarding MIUI with the MIUI and MIUI Social Media team members, thanks for their patience and attention to the topics we had discussed. Wrapping up our visit to the HQ we had visited the Mi Home that is present the campus, below are some of the images of that and also includes images from Day 1.

Moving from the Xiaomi HQ we have been guided to a Chinese traditional restaurant for dinner with all the team, which so beautiful and replicates the old tradition in every step.

After a delicious dinner, we all had reached our hotel to have some rest and get recharged for our next day schedule A visit to the ancient attraction yet the beautiful forbidden city, but before that its the time to unbox the beautiful Mi Note 10 and make it ready for the next days of the journey.

10-01-2020: The Forbidden City & Photowalk at Jing Shan Park:
All of us has arrived at the Forbidden City in the morning, we have entered the place after a few security checks and the whole day was a great experience for each of us.

(A beautiful shot taken with the Mi Note 10 ultra-wide-angle camera)

There is no perfect sentence to explain the forbidden city as it preserves all the Chinese tradition, history and culture in every construction, the magnificent construction just makes us surprise in every way. Here are some of the images that were shot around at the forbidden city:

Mi Community global admin Elaine has been the guide through the Forbidden city as we passed some of the gates of the forbidden city we thought of having lunch at a restaurant in the forbidden city, all thanks to Elaine for the delicious lunch.

(Raviki (Global SMOD), Elaine (Global Mi Community Admin) and Me)

Elaine helped us in understanding many of the places and has explained to us about the places in the forbidden city including her photography skills after we had finished our Forbidden city visit we had moved to the Jing Shang park for the Photowalk.

Fred from Xiaomi Studios joined us and explained us many things and given many useful tips on capturing images with symmetry, speaking of Symmetry we have known and seen that the Beijing city and the whole forbidden city was built on a single line symmetry at the center of the Beijing city which is truly awesome at the ancient times.

After having a great time at the Jing Shang park we had a group photo and started our way to the dinner, each day we had different Chinese foods and the team had always made every one of us are happy and full with the food.

After this delicious dinner, we made our way to one of the Mi Stores in the city and after that, we had moved to our hotel to end the day and have rest for the next big adventure.

11-01-2020: To the great wall of China:

Every one of us was very much excited for the day as we are going to step on the longest Man-made construction and one of the World Wonders, we had a great time in climbing or walking upon the great wall, one of the biggest hurdles we had was the temperature which was at -3 to -4 degrees, we were able to withstand all that and had reached our plan and target point.

We had chosen cable car way to reach near to the wall from where we had to walk up the steps to reach different tower points and return back to the starting point from where all of us had come down using the sliding way which was a super fun ride, below are some of the images shot at the great wall.

By finishing this adventure our fun and adventure trip has come to an end, the time has flown very fast and we had thoroughly enjoyed every moment in Beijing, we all joined for the dinner for that night which includes the Chinese Duck and much other delicious food like every day we had.

All good things come to an end so as our trip, it was a great opportunity for all of us to meet the people behind the wonderful Mi Community we contribute every day, I wish many of the contributors get a chance to meet the team or get a visit to the Xiaomi HQ campus in Beijing.

The trip had also come given many like mind friends from around the world and many first in life experiences, we had taken our sendoff images once we reached the hotel here are some of them.

Finally a big shout out to the whole team behind the trip and made every moment much memorable to each of us.

I hope everyone has enjoyed reading the grand thread of our trip, as said earlier it is impossible for anyone of us to write all the fun and joy we had with the Xiaomi, thanks for reading it this long.

Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!
#MiAndYouBetterTogether

Siva Abhi
SMOD - Mi Community India

Timeline of my visit

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-01-16 01:55:44
Favorites81 RateRate

Apiyush265 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Looks you had awesome and cheerful time! wishing you all the best for future and still I didnt received my gift 😝
2020-01-17 11:04:43

Master Bunny

Ranpura | from Redmi Y2

#MiAndYouBetterTogether best of Xiaomi Xiaomifans thanks for sharing news
2020-01-21 00:39:04

Read Only

RADDE | from Redmi Note 4

Wow!! Thanks for sharing 👍
2020-01-21 00:46:04

Pro Bunny

mifanmanav | from Redmi 4

great what a amazing trip