In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7 Pro

[Other] Redmi note 7 pro Find Device Storage Corrupted with Solution

2020-02-17 16:06:43
1153 16
So guys, the other day I was reverting back to stock rom from pixel experience. Flashed Miui fastboot rom via Mi flash. I got this weird error. Never saw this error after flashing and using so many Redmi phones. I ignored it because everything was working fine (I thought so) I started using phone and install pubg lite. My gyro wasn't working. Weird. Saw in CT mode( press kernel version in about phone few times to launch various tests) checked Gyro calibration = Fail. Proximity = Fail. All sensors failed. So I thought no problem I'll flash it again same procedure. Did the same. Again.. find device storage corrupted device is unsafe now.. I said wait let me flash the other way. Extracting fastboot rom and finding flashall.bat clicked it.. nothing happened.. seemed like I had some issue in my pc with that adb driver. (1.4.3 something latest) got errors. A lot of them. Then I checked somewhere found out 1.4.2 works good. So did that. Adb wad now recognising but new problem occurred. Flashall.bat was screwing up everything and not flashing. It said it did but it didn't. So I again tried doing that via mi flash but this time accidentally clicked on clean all and lock.. and bam. Just like that bootloader locked but file not flashed properly. Now mi flash stopped working because it was detecting bootloader locked. So again new problems. I just spent like 6 hours doing this shit. So used some logic and it was going in fastboot mode so connected it to unlock tool and unlocked bootloader.(Yes it works even if your phone is messed up and somehow bootloader is locked) so now I was searching a solution to solve the find device problem. Saw one video on YouTube of extracting that FASTBOOT ROM FILE and finding persist.img file. That file needs to be flashed with a custom recovery. So flashed my FASTBOOT ROM first then tried to install twrp but sadly that recovery was stuck on twrp logo and was not going forward. So I was loosing hope now. But then. Saw an Indonesian video and used some logic ny understanding what he was doing.

1. Install Orangefox recovery (or any recovery you want) (follow Proper STEP by STEP tutorials from youtube)
After its successfully installed then
2. Get that persist.img file from extracted FASTBOOT ROM and paste it into internal storage
3. Go to recovery and find an option of flashing image file. (You will easily find it just read all options)
4. Flash that persist.img file and reboot
You're done. Now that error will go...
I spend 6 to 7 hours through this trouble and don't want anyone else to waste time finding solutions because I wasn't getting any on Google.
I wanted clean install of stock rom.

(tip)And Please don't Lock your Bootloader guys.. keep it unlocked there's no harm in doing so.. if you face any issues later on you can do all sorts of things with unlocked bootloader. On locked bootloader you really can't do anything

2020-02-17 16:06:43
Favorites2 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

5197135542 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

can you please send me the persist img file
as I don't want to download the whole fastboot rom
It would be a great help
2020-02-17 17:01:57

Master Bunny

ABHI5468 | from Redmi Y2

thanks for sharing
2020-02-17 21:25:21

Read Only

Giri212 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

tq
2020-02-17 22:25:29

Advanced Bunny

1587433436 Author | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

can you please send me the persist img file
as I don't want to download the whole fastboot rom
It would be a great help

brother I will recommend download the latest fastboot rom everytime you have to face this because there might be some changes in persist img file with a new update I don't know. but its safer to do that. because you will have a rom of some version and persist file of some other version(clearly don't know about persist file img work) but better to be safe.
2020-02-18 00:54:03

Pro Bunny

5268289841 CHOTU | from app

thanks ☺️☺️
2020-02-18 10:09:52

Master Bunny

Nitesh Varotariya | from Redmi Note 3

thanks for sharing information
2020-02-18 13:21:08

Read Only

Giri212 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

tq
2020-02-18 21:41:52

Rookie Bunny

5197135542 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

brother I will recommend download the latest fastboot rom everytime you have to face this because there might be some changes in persist img file with a new update I don't know. but its safer to do that. because you will have a rom of some version and persist file of some other version(clearly don't know about persist file img work) but better to be safe.

thankyou brother
2020-02-19 07:59:19

Rookie Bunny

1705651131 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

did the sensors started to work correctly after this?
2020-02-26 12:12:37

Advanced Bunny

1587433436 Author | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

did the sensors started to work correctly after this?

ofcourse. thats why I submitted this post to help all you guys from this situation
2020-02-26 12:16:18