In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 5

[Review&Unboxing] 5 New Features of iOS 10 Already Available on MIUI ROM

2016-06-14 09:10:21
3443 22

Dear fellow MIUI fans!

I'm sure everyone had heard about the new iOS announced yesterday at Apple WWDC 2016 (reference thread) , and it certainly set all Apple fans up and excited! Being MIUI fans, I'm quite sure you would be keen to know how different is it compare to the new iOS. Let me briefly highlights some of the 'differences' , or should i say 'similiarities' , here.

[# 1 Widgets on Lock screen]

The new iOS includes a new feature "widgets", which displays extra information from an app on the lock screen. Well, this 'new' feature is already present in MIUI ROM.

[# 2 Recognition of Scam's phonecalls]

In the new iOS (on the left), scam phone call is automatically recognised and you will be notified. Well, dont we already have this feature already since MIUI ROM?

[# 3 Face recognition in Gallery album]

In the new iOS, a new 'face recognition' feature is introduced in the album gallery, and it will be automatically group by the recognised face. Well, dont we already have this 'Baby Album' already since MIUI 7 ROM?

[# 4 Apple Watch to Lock/unlock Mac laptop]

With the new iOS, the Apple watch is now able to lock/unlock your Mac/pro laptops. Well, since the launch of Mi Band 2 years back, we were already able to lock/unlock our Mi devices , via Bluetooth using the Mi Fit app. .

*NOTE: Do you know, if you are in Mainland China, you are able to pair your Mi Band to the Mi Wallet, and make payment via your Mi Band too?

[# 5 New iOS Home kit]

A new 'Home Kit" app is introduced, and can now be used to control a range of smart home gadgets, from the garage door to dining room light to thermostat. Again, Xiaomi 's already introduced the 'Mi Home' (or Mijia) early this year, which enables you pair, configure and configuration Smart home gadgets with the ecosystem!

[Final Words]

Well, I'd shared some insights of the few 'new' features introduced in iOS 10, as compared to MIUIROM. Some of which were already available, and I'm pretty sure with the improvements made in MIUI8 ROM , the gap between iOS and MIUI ROM will be smaller! Well, last but not least,

2016-06-14 09:10:21
Favorites-83 RateRate
truely xiaomi wins it agains
2016-06-14 12:55:51
harpreet sabarwal
Yeah, all features were already present in MIUI rom.
2016-06-14 09:17:43

Rookie Bunny

jedidiah Author |

Piyush Nagpal replied at 2016-06-14 06:47 PM
Yeah, all features were already present in MIUI rom.

MI has the best tech in house Bro !
2016-06-14 09:21:24
Jedidiah D
jedidiah replied at 2016-06-14 06:51 PM
MI has the best tech in house Bro !

Yeah, Mi is the best.
2016-06-14 09:23:52
Apple is always slow in innovation......Mi Rocks :lol:victory:
2016-06-14 13:15:03
Great, thanks for sharing.
2016-06-14 15:16:16
Please edit and move it from mi5 section
2016-06-14 17:21:23
{:3_54:}
any sources of thread
2016-06-14 22:33:48

Semi Pro Bunny

Sakshat bunny | from mobile

Lets wait a bit! Cant say that so soon
2016-06-14 23:26:40
I want to recycle my life to get gold out of it!
Android has always been open source and hence new features can be added to it as an overlayed UI (MIUI) and IOS has always been closed due to 'security reasons'..
2016-06-15 04:58:51
Life is full of surprises...