In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 4

[Discussion] Mobile Network not switching to Roaming!!!

2017-08-05 06:14:15
20322 11
Hi Everyone,  

Got Xiaomi Note 4 hardly 15 days back...Since then I'm facing multiple issues with mobilr network, currently I'm outside my state and not able to receive network under one of my mobile as the network is not switching to Roaming,  Note 4 is not able to detect roaming... This is simply ridiculous the basic functions for a mobile should work fine.  :(

1. Intial problem was with no GSM calling with BSNL 3G SIM,  Data was working fine.. this was partially solved by getting latest MIUI reinstalled at service center.  Here also, now if I switch to BSNL 3G from JIO 4G, GSM calling is gone.

2. Currently I'm in roaming and phone is not detecting roaming for any of Network,  BSNL network is gone even after multiple restarts it's not coming,  I have also done.my part of setting network to GSM under *#*#4636#*#* for BSNL ang going for Radio Off and On.  Have also tried superstitious method of keeping phone switched off for some time and then turning it on,  hoping everything will be fine.  But no.  Nothing works.

If anyone could provide a solution,  will always be greatful.   For more details on Phone and MIUI see screenshots below.

BSNL SIM, I'm currently in Jharkhand,  Outside home state Odisha.

JIO SIM

Data Roaming Settings : Always Allow

2017-08-05 06:14:15
Favorites RateRate
Hi, What I understood from your thread is that you are facing connectivity trouble on BSNL connection. Also, I can see that the Roaming is working perfectly. This issue might be due to unavailability of BSNL network in your area currently. Can you try to check with some other operator's sim as well? Also, try to look for network Manually for BSNL connection, to do so, go to Settings ---> SIM cards & mobile networks ---> BSNL ---> Mobile networks and turn off 'Choose automatically' option. Hope this helps. Get back to us if the issue persists, Thanks.
2017-08-09 10:24:31
Here to help!

Master Bunny

Sanjeev1682372060 | from Redmi Note 4

As you're facing with the bsnl, me too have same problem with Jio network, but I think it is nothing to do with network connection but with phone
2017-08-09 10:50:29

Rookie Bunny

DilipKar Author | from Redmi Note 4

arpit.porwalmoon
Hi, What I understood from your thread is that you are facing connectivity trouble on BSNL connectio ...

Thank you for. Taking time to answer.  Have tried that as well, didn't registered with Cellone as available under Jharkhand.
2017-08-09 12:40:42

Rookie Bunny

arpit.porwalmoon
Hi, What I understood from your thread is that you are facing connectivity trouble on BSNL connectio ...

Also,  got the update for Nougat today so tried putting back BSNL under RN4 and this time it worked. It can be because the SIM latched to 2G under my non gprs phone.  But still I'm too afraid to switch data SIM to 3G. Not sure if there is any explanation for this behavior,  again even if BSNL is working now,  its still not showing as roaming under phone info.
2017-08-09 12:45:20
1666833122 replied at 2017-08-09 22:15:20
Also,  got the update for Nougat today so tried putting back BSNL under RN4 and this time it worke ...

This seems an issue from BSNL end, I would suggest you try with some other operator. I myself use both of my number in roaming permanently without any issue.
2017-08-14 11:57:40
Here to help!

Rookie Bunny

Noted,  may be I can port the SIM.  Thanks.  
2017-08-14 12:44:30

Rookie Bunny

1716745225 | from Redmi Note 4

me too facing the same issue. i think the problem with the firmware nothing to do with the network.
2018-02-12 13:47:21

Rookie Bunny

KunalDhanu | from MI 4W

i also have same issue in Mi Redmi, both sim not working in roaming.  I had changed many sim but no one connected.  pls help to resolve this issue. I cannot make call while roaming.
2018-03-25 23:57:27

Rookie Bunny

1707383433 | from mobile

Hi, I am facing the same issue with my BSNL sim. I am using BSNL sim as roaming permanently. It was working fine for 1.5 years. But suddenly from 2 days, my BSNL sim is not working, also showing it's status as non roaming. When I m trying to set network manually, it's not allowing to select BSNL network. Please help me here, and let me know what you did to fix the issue.
2018-08-29 10:32:47

Rookie Bunny

Aamu | from mobile

I am facing the same problem on Airtel (roaming)
2018-12-08 12:01:14