In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 5

[Review&Unboxing] Xiaomi MI 5 & Oneplus 3 Detailed camera Comparision.

2016-06-23 01:30:59
2857 6
Edited by Subham55 at 2016-06-23 11:13 AM

Hi Guys,I am Subham55.I know it is a hard decision to make a choice to buy one of these phones we are comparing today.Both the phones uses sony's IMX298 16MP camera sensor at the rear.Both the phones have an aperture of F2.0,which means a good amount of details & bouquet effect.So whats makes the difference in real time scenario i.e, the software so Let's find out who has the better software or the better image processing.
Camera Interface
The camera app on Xiaomi MI5 launches at a near-instant and snaps photos quickly enough. It's feature set is comprehensive, but not so much as to be overwhelming, which makes the app easy and reliable to use.

The camera app on the OnePlus 3 is clean, fast and simple. Double click the lock key to start it, and it launches in a split second. You swipe up and down on the viewfinder/screen to change between photo and video, and you can also select to shoot time-lapse, slow motion, manual mode and panorama via the hamburger button on the top left.

LOW LIGHT SHOTS:-
Oneplus 3[UP],Xiaomi Mi 5[DOWN]

Camera's potential can be judged perfectly under lowlight.So in the above images u can see that the ones shot by oneplus 3 one are brighter,has lots of details even after zooming and the image processing is great.while on the other side the images shot by the MI 5 doesn't have lot of details but the highlights of the images are great.lets talk about the highlights below:

On the above images u can see that the images shot by the oneplus 3 has lot more details than the Xiaomi MI 5,but the highlights are completely blown off near the lights but in case of Xiaomi Mi 5 the images has great highlight with much better aspect defination even under low light.So each camera has its own set of pros and cons.what do u think comment below.

Now let's dig deeper

On the above image you can see that the aperture of both the camera is similar[nearly] but the MI 5 exposes the images a bit longer i.e,1/13 s to 1/15 s in oneplus 3.But ISO in the MI 5 is 3071 while it is 9600 in case of Oneplus 3.So what do you think higher the ISO,higher the noise right!but that's not the case in Oneplus 3,the images are way more cleaner,clearer,detailed and less noised than MI 5.So the software and the imageprocessing is farbetter and great in case of Oneplus 3.

Just see the above images there are lots of details in case of Oneplus 3 with ISO much higher than the MI 5[i.e,3071].Oneplus has done a great job here with the image processing.Good job here Oneplus.

DAY LIGHT SHOTS:-
Oneplus 3[UP],Xiaomi Mi 5[DOWN]

Images shot with both the phones in daylight are awesome,they have good amount of details,look natural.

Similar F2.0 aperture means similar depth of feel & similar bouquet effect.

Here the colour reproduction of Mi 5 is slightly off at times.

And here the images shot with Oneplus 3 are exposed little higher.

It's too close to call of this time though.They are competing with each other uptill now.

The colour reproduction is the case what people likes the most.So,here is a nice image taken by both the phones side by side.It's upto u to choose one,commemt below.
ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING SHOTS:-

Under artificial lighting condition both the cameras are on par with each other,while the Oneplus 3 holding an edge over the Image processing.
Front Camera:
Xiaomi Mi 5 features a 4MP UltraPixel front-facing camera for high-res selfies. The images come out with more than enough detail, high contrast, and pleasant colors. The dynamic range is great too.
Oneplus 3 has a 8MP front camera for selfies.the imags shot doesnt have much details as compared to that of MI 5.The colors are natural and the dynamic range is great too.
Under low light though MI 5 holds an advantage due to it's large pixels which results in great details.Oneplus front camera is not that great as compare to Mi 5 under low light situations.
Still there is room for improvement for both the cameras.Xiaomi & Oneplus can still push some updates to make MI5 & Oneplus 3 camera better.

SO,when it comes to cameras it is a tough choice to make between these two phones.It's upon u what u choose according to your requirements.So,if u were me which phone u would have choosed now.Commet below.
Hope u liked my Review.If u want more comparisions like this please comment below.

All credit goes to Sources 1,2,3.

2016-06-23 01:30:59
Favorites RateRate
from your review i feel oneplus 3 is better...
2016-06-23 04:22:37

Advanced Bunny

Subham55 Author |

Ravan replied at 2016-06-23 01:52 PM
from your review i feel oneplus 3 is better...

Yes off cource bro.But Mi 5 has still room for improvement's.
2016-06-23 05:11:55
Technology Nerd....
MIUI camera app needs to be improved a lot,hope it will become better in MIUI8
2016-06-23 05:45:17
{:3_54:}
But i heard the MI5 cam app is faster than op3 ,Isnt it?
2016-06-23 05:46:12
{:3_54:}

Advanced Bunny

Subham55 Author |

cj :) replied at 2016-06-23 03:15 PM
MIUI camera app needs to be improved a lot,hope it will become better in MIUI8

Yes it definitely will.
2016-06-23 08:50:02
Technology Nerd....
i have both the devices but i like mi 5 camera
2016-07-14 14:08:14