In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[MIUI Review] MIUI 8 : The Most Beautiful OS Ever

2016-06-25 10:52:17
1599 4
Edited by Tech Star Shahrukh at 2016-06-25 08:22 PM

INTRODUCTION
Assalamu Alaikum,
I am Mohammed Shahrukh
and today I am going to review Xiaomi's latest Software Update, which is
The Beautiful, MIUI Version 8.

THE NOTIFICATION PANEL
The first thing you will notice about MIUI 8, is the notification bar,

It is totally changed because earlier MIUI versions used two paged style of Notification bar and Now they are more beautiful than before.

The colours are awesome, the animation's are great and the theme of the notification is mind blowing cause it changes automatically according to the weather.

the toggles can be seen in one horizontal line, just above the brightness slider and below shows the notifications.

RECENTS BAR
The recents bar have added the music playback buttons which is impressive and a button to change app view is also added.

THE LOCKSCREEN & THE THEMES
Talking about the Lockscreen

The wallpaper carousel is quite a good feature for the Wallpaper lovers as it gives the ability to change wallpapers directly from lockscreen.

Users can also choose their catagories of wallpapers to be displayed on Lockscreen.

No Doubt MIUI has many amazing sets of themes availaible to download which is really a delightful experience.

Moreover you can customize your theme according to your mood and need.

THE CAMERA
Talking about the camera in MIUI,

I believe it is a one place where MIUI 8 lacks a little, because earlier it was easy to operate with one hand because the flash and HDR button was placed below, but now it has been moved to top which really needs a second hand.

Apart from that, the swipe features like Swipe up to switch camera, has also been removed, I would love to see those features again.
If anything good has happened to Camera, its the Filters.

Many new filters have been added which is really good.

THE GALLERY
Talking about the Gallery App which has been changed many times over the MIUI journey,
But of All the versions, MIUI 8 has the best.

Now we can share our photos with just one swipe, which is simple and easy.

MIUI 8 also introduces the new Photo & Video Editors which is Very interesting and Surprisingly good.

OH! THE WEATHER & RECORDER
Ohh, I Love the Weather and the Weather app, I just love its UI.

its so Beautiful and shows each and every detail perfect.

and the MIUI Sound Recorder app has got more beautiful with its new theme and colorful ui.

THE NOTES APP
The next major change is the notes app, Now we have two types of view.
Card view

Tiles view

and Folder support is also added and the plus button to create notes easily.

the most beautiful thing in notes is the themes which can be applied to notes and share it to anyone.

Another beauty is the deletion method & the animation, just swipe up by two fingers.

Apart from these, Two new features have been added to MIUI v8.
THE SECOND SPACE
The first is Second space

here you can add another space to your phone which will act as an another phone.

The first & second space will be totally different from each other and they won't compromise your data between them.

moreover you can set two different passwords for two different screens which will enable you to access both screens directly from lockscreen.

THE CLONED APPS
The Second new feature is the Cloned apps.

With Cloned apps, you can make a copy of any app downloaded in your phone, both app will have different content.

You can use two different whatsapp or facebook or messengers etc.

THE APP LOCKER
You can also set password for each and every app just by accessing the security app.

though security app remains the same as Miui v7, but this applock is added in MIUI 8.

THE BATTERY ANALYZER
Also the battery analyzation has got just better.

THE SHORTCUT MENU
Touch Assisstant or Shortcut menu has also been added as an optional feature, and it is very good.

you can access your phone with one hand with this app.

moreover you can control its behaviour to hide along apps.

THE SYSTEM USER INTERFACE
Talking about the system, the ui is fast & fluid, rich in Animation and the Battery backup has got even better.

And there are many features in MIUI which is not possible to explain in one day.
So in short, MIUI 8 is the best MIUI OS till now and for me its the Best Mobile OS in the World.

THE ENDING CREDITS
For Better Understanding My Review, Watch the Video of this Review here at Youtube in [ English ]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH0xF3k5y4Y

There are Many Reviews of MIUI 8 by me, But they are in Hindi (Language), Link Below.
MIUI 8 on Redmi Note 3 [ Hindi ] : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3LfvLwrctY
MIUI 8 on Xiaomi Mi3 [ Hindi ]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op99OzFNMjk
MIUI 8 on Redmi Note 4G [ Hindi ] : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcFHW8FS6jU

Also you can Watch Many MIUI Tutorials in [ Hindi ] :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... -b4sbrtcU1Z5ZGAufZn

THE THANK YOU NOTE
I hope you enjoyed my Review..
Thank You..
-SRK

2016-06-25 10:52:17
Favorites1 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Mak@LoneWolf | from mobile

Too good bro...
2016-06-27 01:50:02

Master Bunny

Piyush Nagpal | from mobile

Good Review
2016-06-27 06:47:22

AWESOME... words are short to say for MIUI 8's total change... Just awaiting for the update on June 30th and I am sure I am going to get a new device at hand instead of the old one...

2016-06-29 00:52:18
you are bit unsatisfied with camera...
2016-07-03 06:46:00
Something wonderful is about to happen...[url=https://c.mi.com/in/static/image/smiley/comcom/6.gif]ht