In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A1

Tech With Furqaan
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Review&Unboxing] Mi A1 - Android One Phone With Love From Xiaomi!

2017-09-20 06:17:23
300030 594

Hello Mi Fans,
Xiaomi recently announced a new phone in the Global market and named it as Mi A1. The Mi A1 comes with the Stock Android with a high-quality hardware from Mi. I am here to share a review of Mi A1 with you all! I am sure you will surely gonna love reading the review! So, Mi Fans fasten your seat belts and enjoy reading the review!

The BOX!

Before delving into the review let's check out the specifications of Mi A1.

• 13.5cm (5.5)  FHD display
  • 14 nm FinFET Snapdragon 625 Processor.
  • 2x Optical zoom, Dual camera
  • 5 MP front facing camera
  • Ultra thin, Full metal unibody
  • 4GB High-speed RAM
  • Massive 64GB storage
  • Rear Finger Print Sensor
  • 3080mAh battery

Marvellous Design!

The Mi A1 sports a full metal body with smooth rounded edges. This incorporates dozens of both ultra-fine and vivid design choices into a phone that not only looks cool but also feels perfect in hands.

Talking about the design of Mi A1, the Mi A1 sports 5.5" Full HD Display followed by 2.5D Curve Display with
450 nits brightness, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 403 pixels per inch trailed by 1000: 1 contrast ratio. Mi A1's 2.5D curved glass display is very attractive and is the best companion for reading, gaming, and watching videos. Not only this, the glass is durable as well. It comes with Gorilla Glass 3 which makes the display of Mi A1 elegant as well as durable.

The Front!

On the top left side is a Dual Toned flash followed by a Dual Camera Setup. Also, the fingerprint sensor in Mi A1 is on the back side same as of the Redmi series which makes it look more graceful and stylish in appearance.

The Back!

On the right side, there is nothing much but a Volume button followed by Power/Lock button. The unobtrusive separation lines make the design look even more beautiful.

The Right!

On the left, a sim tray slot is there which is a 3-choose-2 Nano-SIM/microSD slot. The lesser the components the more beautiful it makes the phone. How cool is that? The thickness of Mi A1 is just 7.3mm which is the reason Mi A1 looks and feels like it is designed specifically for your hand.

The Left!

On the top, a microphone followed by IR Blaster is there. The design in Mi A1 is pleasingly ingenious and simple.

The Top!

On the bottom, a headphone jack, microphone, USB Type C port and speaker grills are there which makes the design of the device dignified and distinguished. Mi A1 features a top and bottom mounted microphone. Combined with a noise-reduction algorithm by Fortemedia, you'll be able to hear clearly even in loud areas.

The Bottom!

Miraculous Android One
Created by Xiaomi, Powered by Google

Mi A1 is the first ever phone from Mi that is powered by Google. Android One comes with all your favourite Google apps. So your Google Photos, Google Play Music, Google Play Assistant, and more are all ready to go right out of the box. Just log in and you’re good to go.

Minimalistic UI

About Phone

Mi A1 runs on Android Nougat and Google promises to give updates to Android One Devices for at least 2 years so that you can stay up-to-date and get a chance to early access new and innovative features right from Google's factory! Other than this, the best thing I love is that Google Photos lets you safely store an unlimited number of photos and videos and access them from any device for free. It's good to store photos with unlimited cloud storage, thanks to Android One for the same.

Updated!

Breathtaking Camera
Mi A1 comes with a dual camera setup, 12 MP wide-angle and 12 MP telephoto lens setup with 26mm equivalent focal length and 5-piece lens followed by a two-tone flash. Both the components working together fabricates a true bokeh effect with a softly blurred background. It also comes with 2x Optical zoom PDAF phase focus with low-light photography enhancements, HDR adjustment, Panorama mode, Continuous shooting mode and Facial recognition function. It comes with a 5MP Front Camera with 1.12μm, f/2.0, Beautify with 36 smart beauty profiles, Selfie timer and Facial recognition.

Let's have a look at the images captured through the lens of Mi A1.

The greatest self is a peaceful smile, that always sees the world smiling back.

Portraits are the most intimate photographs. The image will survive the subject!

We shape our buildings and afterwards they shape us!

Looking at the images, you must be awestruck and surely would be jealous with your old smartphone's camera. The images from Mi A1 turned out to be amazing ones and of course, each and every detail of the image is clearly visible and makes it a perfect portrait!

The another best part of Mi A1 is that it even has 4K Video Recording in-built with 720p slow-mo video, 120 fps. How amazing it would be to captured videos in 4K and showing off among your friends and family!

Astonishing Performance
Mi A1 comes with Snapdragon 625 Octa-Core Processor with 14 nm FinFET technology with high performance and power efficienct Adreno 506 graphics 650MHz similar to Redmi Note 4. Gaming on Mi A1 is just amazing, smooth and hassle-free gaming is what Mi A1 provides us. It even supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac protocols, 2.4/5G WiFi / WIFI Direct / WiFi Display and Bluetooth 4.2/HID.

I personally tried Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger which is my favourite games and I must say, Mi A1 managed to handle all the games without a hiccup. I tried Antutu Test and here are the results!

63077, pretty impressive!

Coming to the multitasking part, the app launching and booting of the device is fast and of course smooth. This is all because of lightweight and highly flexible Pyrolytic Graphite Sheet which is a heat spreading material with high thermal conductivity. Mi A1 features a top and bottom mounted microphone, combined with a noise-reduction algorithm by Fortemedia, you'll be heard clearly even in loud areas. It even sports an industry leading 10V smart power amplifier which supports high-impedance headphones of up to 600Ω paired with the advanced Dirac HD Sound algorithm provides powerful speaker audio output and deep lows for both music and phone calls. The Mi A1 comes with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB Internal memory which is expandable up to 128 GB such that you don't have to bother about storage space being exhausted!

Unbelievable Battery Life
The Mi A1 is equipped with 3080 mAh Battery which really lasts for a day and a half on moderate usage. It can give you a day full of power in heavy usage too! Let's take a battery test with heavy usage.

I must say, Mi A1 gave me SOT of 5 hours and 19 mins with 6% battery left. Experiencing this much SOT on a mid-range smartphone is like a cherry on the cake.  

How about battery test while moderate usage? Let's check out the results!

1 Day 18 hours on Battery

8 hours and 41 minutes of SOT, impressive isn't it?

So the results are clear, on moderate usage Mi A1's battery last more than a day and a half with Screen On Time of more than 8 and half hours. Isn't that more than enough from a mid-range smartphone?

Ultimate Verdict
Mi A1 takes your whole experience to a new level. With Android One, Mi A1 accompanies a stock Android experience keeping you updated with security patches as well as new features. Other than Android One, Mi A1 has a decent hardware and features with a price tag of 14,999. With such amazing combination of Xiaomi's hardware and Google's software Mi A1 sets the best example for mid-range smartphone and I would recommend you to go for Mi A1.

Xiaomi Mi A1 is available across various channels which includes Flipkart, mi.com, Mi Homes and also offline retail partners. So what are you waiting for, go buy for yourself.

Hope you like the Review! Do share your thoughts regarding the Mi A1 in your replies below!!

Rate

Number of participants 10 Experience +107 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-09-20 06:17:23
Favorites283 RateRate
Tech With Furqaan
You would be having questions in your minds that how any technology or gadget works? I am here to clear your doubts related to Technology with Tech With Furqaan Series.
19 Article Description     315 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe
Awesome review bro! :) :) :)
2017-09-29 00:50:15

Tech - Moderator
Mi FC Trivandrum - President

MIUI Beta Tester

Bhargav D Dave | from Redmi Note 4

nice review
2017-09-29 00:52:51

Advanced Bunny

MANN.VYAS | from Redmi Note 4

nice and informative
2017-09-29 00:53:03

Advanced Bunny

1584005647 | from MI 4W

nice information
2017-09-29 00:55:41

Master Bunny

Shravan Doosa | from Redmi Note 3

please enable option for exchange,I'll buy it
2017-09-29 00:55:51

Master Bunny

Abubakar Rayyan | from Redmi Note 3

nice.......
2017-09-29 00:56:43

Semi Pro Bunny

soni soni | from app

fantastic phone
2017-09-29 00:59:32

Rookie Bunny

1735675097 | from Mi A1

why there is no fm radio.in specific action it is mentioned.in front camera there is no focus option during night or in dark.is there any option for portrait mode in front camera flash light Plz update soon. Request
2017-09-29 00:59:51

Master Bunny

Mashu MvT | from mobile

Awesome review Bro!
2017-09-29 01:00:18
Excellent Review
2017-09-29 01:01:53