In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Pad

[ROM] review of cyanogenmod 11 [4.4.4] on mipad

2016-07-08 16:19:32
2898 3
Edited by tucking fypo at 2016-07-09 01:50 AM

Halfbaked MIUI on mi pad, negligible updates, poor memory management, irritating bugs, sluggish gaming performance and boredom of looking at a monotonous user interface made me search for a new rom for miui and although knowing that almost nothing was available for mi pad, i found unofficial cm11 based on kitkat4.4.4 (ahh!!! what else) made by xda's senior member faust93

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 + crDroid for Xiaomi MiPad by faust93

here i am not going to explain how did i get it installed because for that you have to visit the xda page mentioned above
the only reason why i am sharing this is to increase the awareness of this rom because this a perfectly working rom many don't know about.
all the credit for this rom goes the xda member faust93. i am only doing non profit sharing work lol.

now till date everything works for me. there is nothing that doesn't work for me

PROS-

1. memory management has improved a lot imo.

2. games have become lag free especially games like fifa16 and modern combat 5 which i often play.

3.  theme support.

4. battery backup has improved imo.

5. no visible lag in the user interface, much lighter than miui.

6. more freedom of customization compared to miui.

7. doesn't get hot anymore.

CONS-

1. loudness of the speakers have reduced by 15%.

2. front camera has degraded by a little margin.

3. still kitkat

4. auto brightness sometimes doesn't respond to ambient light conditions, happens once in every 2-3 days.

xiaomi has already put mi pad in the coffin and nails are in transit so i guess mi pad is dead for them. after biting dust more than 2 months cm11 is the only thing that made me use my mipad once again. this is second life for mi pad. even resale value of this tablet is pathetic so pump the adrenaline and consume every bit of anything that this tablet has to offer.
In a nutshell this is the best alternative rom for miui.
Thanks.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +10 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-07-08 16:19:32
Favorites RateRate

Is this A Stable Version?
2016-07-21 12:41:03
Arjun replied at 2016-07-21 10:11 PM
Is this A Stable Version?

theoretically no practically yes.
2016-07-26 17:12:06
Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.
Thanks for the share buddy.
But please do add the credits as well.

Regards
Gagzz
2016-09-19 06:35:06
When Curiosity Meets Knowledge, Innovation is Born!!
Photography Section Mod | Lead Photography Team and Club | Mi Pad Mod