Hey, Mi Max 2 users!
Good News! MIUI 9 Beta 8.1.18 has been released for Mi Max 2. Users on Beta ROM must have got OTA update through updater app. If you have not got it, kindly wait for some time or try clearing updater app data. If you are impatient to try MIUI 9 on your devices, you can download recovery/fastboot ROM from the links provided below
New - Optimize local storage to free up space (01-16)
System (Full display devices)
Optimization - Animation for the Back gesture on full-screen devices (01-17)
Optimization - Full-screen gestures as an alternative for screen buttons (01-17)
Optimization - A separate guide for full-screen gestures (01-18)
Fix - Full-screen gestures didn't work properly after rebooting (01-18)
Fix - The battery level is incorrect on status bar (01-16)
Fix - Battery is draining very fast when the device is in idle mode (01-16)
Fix - The camera interface is not displayed correctly when the language is Arabic (01-16)
Fix - There are two Security in Accessibility settings (01-16)
Fix - Line ANR when using Bluetooth headphone for Line calls (01-16)
How to Update:
1.Using Updater app
2. You can also download the full ROM and update via fastboot method (Full wipe suggested when updating from old MIUI versions）
- Please read the Flashing Guide - Click Here
- Data Backup before Full Wipe
- Full Wipe required for Dev ROM to Stable ROM
- Full Wipe required for Stable ROM to Dev ROM
- Report Bugs when encountered
- Report bugs to its corrected category
- Screenshot and Bug log is needed!
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .