Edited by Magdag at 2016-06-13 11:32 PM |
This Tutorial explains how to fastboot your Redmi 1S / 2 / Prime
What is this FastBoot?
Fastboot is a protocol with which partitions of a Android Mobile device can be reflashed to Stock / Ofiicial Roms directly to your phone's flash memory. It is a small tool which is present in Android Sdk and is used for flashing kernels, bootloaders,recoveries, roms individually or whole as a Complete Roms .
Xiaomi has its own Rom Flashing tool the " Mi flash ", it works on fastboot Protocol and other different oems standards and gives a convienient Gui for easy configuring and ROM Flashing.
1.Install Mi Flash Tool, it will Prompt for Driver installations . Click Install driver anyway to proceed & Finish Setup.
2. Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time to boot Redmi to Fastboot Mode.
3. Connect Your Redmi to Pc via Usb data cable .
4. Open Mi flash tool and click Browse on the top left corner
5. Browse to the Downloaded ~ Extracted Fastboot Rom .
6. Press Advanced & configure all options, use flash all.bat (Only if Full Clean flash needed - erases all data )
7. Press Refresh and you will see a New device Found On Mi Flash tool .
8 . Press Flash
9. Wait untill the Flashing process is Completed .
10. After the process is completed the Device would reboot Automatically .
Download Links :
Fastboot Rom : CLICK HERE
Mi Flash Tool : CLICK HERE
Mi Pc Suite : CLICK HERE
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .