In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips & Tricks

[Tutorial] How to Enable and Use Second Space in MIUI 8

2016-06-19 16:56:21
97147 221
Edited by Anthrax at 2016-06-19 05:00 PM

Hi Guys,

Hope you like my earlier thread about the cloned app feature in MIUI 8 and how great it is to use two accounts of a single app on your device. If you haven't read it you can find the link at the end of the thread..

Let's get started with the new feature introduced with MIUI 8. Second Space as the name suggests its another space on your device which is totally different from your default setup space i.e. the one which you setup when you first start your device. The best part of this second space is that you can always have a private space on your device only for you or you can use it as a guest mode for other while handing over the device to them. Yes yes I know we have child mode which we can use while giving the device to others or we can enable app lock, but this way the person whom you hand over the device will know that its restricted. But with Second space most people wont know what they are using and have been shut out. One of the best trick about Second space will be shared soon while I explain below.

Let's get started with how to enable and start using Second space and discover this new feature.

1. Goto settings > Second Space and that it. After that its simple read and follow. Still lets move to next step...

2. Click on Turn On Second Space and it will create a second space and you will land at the homepage of the second space as shown in below screenshot.

3. To manage the Second Space you can click on the manage button at the homescreen and it will take you to the setup process where we can setup the Second Space as per our liking.

4. The first part is to setup the password for second space, which is optional but very very very useful. I would recommend setting the password.

5. While setting up you can import/export photos, files and apps from Default space to Second Space and vice versa and no need to install a fresh application. Doing all this is optional and can be done for individual apps and files.

This is where the setup concludes. With above steps you have finally enabled and configured the Second Space and is ready to use.

The next part to move on is the setting which we can do on Second Space.

1. You can change the password which you have set for Second Space.

2. Enable/Disable the Second Space notification icon in the notification panel

3. You can enable/disable the notification of the default space which you can receive on Second Space.

4. You can enable to display the private messages from default space to
Second Space.

5. Move the data (import/export) between spaces, if you haven't imported during the setup.

6. You can also enable a particular app to be used in either or both of the space simultaneously.

7. Delete the
Second Space if not required and return to default Space with all your default settings.

Note: If you are deleting the Second Space it will prompt to move the data to default Space and if selected will move the data else others will be deleted with the space. Once deleted, you wont be able to restore the data.

So I recommended adding the password, here's why I said that.

Once you have set the password for Second Space and have a password of Default Space in place you can switch between Default Space and Second Space directly from the lockscreen. Isn't it awesome???? Like If I am to give my device to a friend and he happens to be looking at my device while I unlock it and enable second space and then give it to him, he might know that I have something like this to restrict him. But while unlocking I directly insert the password of the space I want him to use and it unlocks in that space itself without having me to enable second space. And moreover he wont have a hint that he's using what I want him to.   (Pure Evil, I know)

How to Enbale and use Cloned Apps in MIUI 8

Do you like this new feature in MIUI 8????

Single Poll thread Total 344 Users Voted

85.47% (294)

11.05% (38)

3.49% (12)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 26 Experience +41 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-06-19 16:56:21
Favorites43 RateRate
Hope This Features Were Available For The Redmi Note 4G Also.
2016-06-19 17:05:24
nice               
2016-06-19 17:14:36

Pro Bunny

Aty | from mobile

second space is awesome feature!
2016-06-19 17:41:52
Travel | Food | Photography
its great actually      
2016-06-19 17:51:59

Master Bunny

BESTINWORLD | from mobile

Not available for kitkat users miui 8 with kitkat not have this feature
2016-06-20 00:34:05
Every thing you have written in detail..:)
2016-06-20 04:50:09
Thanx for sharing..:)
2016-06-20 04:50:33
this feature is amazing.
2016-06-20 07:34:48
"It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me."
Good one..
2016-06-20 08:35:35

Advanced Bunny

SELVASATHYAM | from mobile

Detailed review.Thanx Anthrax :-)
2016-06-24 06:43:21