Hello, Mi Fans!
Likewise the old iterations of MIUI, MIUI 8 too comes with lots of features related to your privacy, which includes Hidden Messages, Photos, Files & Notes. These all features are woven in particular inbuilt apps in such a genius way that without someone knowing it beforehand one won't even notice that these features are there under; new users of miui are no exception, they almost see it as hidden easter eggs when they get to know about it.
To make these features more secure, user-friendly & accessible, starting with 6.10.13, all the hidden features have been united across one single roof making them easy to manage and still serving the purpose of protecting your privacy but only better. Do note, these features are currently available under Developer ROM & not stable, but it will be incorporated in stable ROM soon too.
Where is it located?
- It is located under, "Settings - Lockscreen & Password - Privacy Protection Password"
How to use it?
Opening privacy protetion password will ask you to set your pattern password for first time after that it will show you the below screen. Do note you can choose a different pattern from the one you have set for your screen unlocking.
October 24, 2016 104508 PM GMT 0530.jpg (10.83 KB, Downloads: 110)
2016-10-24 23:28:14 Upload
October 24, 2016 104514 PM GMT 0530.jpg (22.61 KB, Downloads: 58)
2016-10-24 23:28:15 Upload
Setting password & other settings
October 24, 2016 104621 PM GMT 0530.jpg (24.92 KB, Downloads: 97)
2016-10-24 23:29:51 Upload
It has three settings on top namely,
This Password Protects The Following Contents
The above set password is valid across all the hidden features below, managing all with one single password. We will see one by one each with the screen it will offer & options under it. These are namely,
October 24, 2016 104752 PM GMT 0530.jpg (26.46 KB, Downloads: 57)
2016-10-24 23:30:33 Upload
- Clicking it will show you the below screen with "use" button & "arrow" on side as an indication of how to use it.
- Click "use", whiich will take you to the messaging app, now as the arrow suggests pull it downwords until you see lock icon which will ask you the pattern, input the one we just set.
October 24, 2016 104916 PM GMT 0530.jpg (16.78 KB, Downloads: 62)
2016-10-24 23:34:24 Upload
October 24, 2016 110610 PM GMT 0530.jpg (28.74 KB, Downloads: 62)
2016-10-24 23:34:25 Upload
Current screen is blank, but after adding "Private contact" it will show all the conversations under it.
October 24, 2016 105512 PM GMT 0530.jpg (10.28 KB, Downloads: 58)
2016-10-24 23:36:23 Upload
October 24, 2016 105527 PM GMT 0530.jpg (13.13 KB, Downloads: 63)
2016-10-24 23:36:24 Upload
Below, you will find button named "private messaging settings" clicking on which will offer you one setting
October 24, 2016 105554 PM GMT 0530.jpg (15.75 KB, Downloads: 70)
2016-10-24 23:36:25 Upload
Clicking on private contact will give you two options:
For above inputted numbers, messages/conversations will be moved inside the hidden area, which you can only read by pulling down action inside messaging app.
- Like messages, you can hide photos too on Mi Cloud Hidden Album
- Click "use" will lead you in gallery app, click "albums" tab on top & pull down as the arrow suggested.
- On successful input of your pattern it will show the photos you have kept hidden, you can add more photos to it by opening any local/cloud album photo & clicking "Hide" option.
Screenshot_2016-10-24-22-56-29-133_com.android.settings.jpg (13.72 KB, Downloads: 66)
2016-10-24 23:54:51 Upload
October 24, 2016 105744 PM GMT 0530.jpg (26.35 KB, Downloads: 63)
2016-10-24 23:42:30 Upload
October 24, 2016 110117 PM GMT 0530.jpg (20.89 KB, Downloads: 72)
2016-10-24 23:42:32 Upload
October 24, 2016 110134 PM GMT 0530.jpg (8.82 KB, Downloads: 55)
2016-10-24 23:42:33 Upload
- Clicking on "use" under this will lead you to File-Explorer app- Under "categories" tab, pull it down & it will ask you password.
- It will show you files you have hidden it, also you can add more via three dots on right - add more files; also you can add them from explorer app - file - select - three dots - hide option.
Screenshot_2016-10-24-23-02-06-831_com.android.settings.png (14.45 KB, Downloads: 62)
2016-10-24 23:55:11 Upload
October 24, 2016 110317 PM GMT 0530.jpg (28.64 KB, Downloads: 64)
2016-10-24 23:47:18 Upload
October 24, 2016 110443 PM GMT 0530.jpg (15.35 KB, Downloads: 98)
2016-10-24 23:47:34 Upload
October 24, 2016 110452 PM GMT 0530.jpg (10.8 KB, Downloads: 64)
2016-10-24 23:47:35 Upload
- Clicking on "use" will lead you to notes app, pull it downwards as arrow suggested & it will show your your hidden notes.
- To hide a partcular note click and hold it, tap "hide".
October 24, 2016 111121 PM GMT 0530.jpg (13.01 KB, Downloads: 59)
2016-10-24 23:48:15 Upload
October 24, 2016 111159 PM GMT 0530.jpg (21.02 KB, Downloads: 59)
2016-10-24 23:48:17 Upload
- Clicking on "use" will lead you to click mode settings, which you can set according to your own use
October 24, 2016 111250 PM GMT 0530.jpg (14.87 KB, Downloads: 64)
2016-10-24 23:50:42 Upload
October 24, 2016 111254 PM GMT 0530.jpg (24.87 KB, Downloads: 104)
2016-10-24 23:50:44 Upload
That's it for now folks! As always your suggestions, feedback & questions are welcomed in respective MIUI sections of MIUI feedback & MIUI Q&A.
- Redmi 7
- Redmi Y3
- Redmi Note 7S
- Redmi K20 Pro
- Redmi K20
- Redmi 7A
- Mi A3
- Redmi 8A
- Redmi 8
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Go
- Mi TV
- Mi A2
- Redmi Y2
- Redmi 5
- Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi Note 5
- Redmi 5A
- Redmi Y1
- Mi MIX 2
- Redmi 4
- Redmi 4A
- Redmi 3S
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 3
- Redmi Note
- Redmi 6A
- Redmi 6 Pro
- Redmi 6
- Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Mi A1
- Mi Max 2
- Mi Max
- Mi 5
- Mi Phone
- Mi Pad