In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Feedback

[Feedback] [Vol II] Frequently Asked Questions On MIUI & Their Answers!

2016-11-14 18:18:57
9098 109
Edited by R0user at 2016-12-02 07:20 PM

Hello MI Fans,
As we all know MI India recently sold a record 1 million devices in 18 days, we have many new MIUI users. We welcome them all with wide open arms. Some of them are first time users of MIUI & android, so they have lot of questions of their own.
Here are some of the questions which have been asked in MIUI Feedback section quite a number of times, their answers & solutions wherever necessary. If you have missed the previous volume, link is at the end of the article.

FAQ

1. When I take a screenshot, screenshot window hovers around up/down is there something wrong with my device?
A. No, there is nothing to worry about, it's intended.
When you take a screenshot, screenshot window hovers on the right side of the display to indicate and attract user's attention for more options present there upon clicking like Scrolling screenshot, Edit, &  Delete etc. Animated effect is real smooth & goes in a little floating manner up/down.
Although some users are facing alteration of their animator setting, resulting in the screenshot window hovering with abnormally accelerated animated effect.
For those users,
Solution:
The solution for the problem is shown here with a comparison of normal and abnormal effect -  Click Here

2. I'm using Google Now to open app via voice, but google now instead throws error "actually I can't do that while the device is locked, go ahead and unlock your device"
Solution:
- Go to settings - Additional settings - Privacy - Trust agents - Smart Lock (Google) - Turn it on
- Lock & unlock your phone
- Try again, it should work now

3. Upon opening specific File type I was asked to open it with different apps but now whenever I click it opens in one app by default, tried clearing default apps but no help. How do I disable it?
Solution:
- Suppose your file is opening with Mx player, while you want box with choices then
- First go to settings - installed apps - Defaults - reset to defaults
- Second go to your app in which it's opening, here it's MX player so : Settings - installed apps - MX player
- Under "Launch by Default" - click "Clear Defaults" now app has been reset to choices of file types it handles by default

4. I'm continuously receiving one notification it says, chinese voice data downloading how do I diable it?
Solution:
- Go to settings - Additional settings - Language & input- Under speech - go to Text-to-speech - output
- Click little settings button icon on right - click settings for google text-to-speech engine
- Now, if you are on mobile data then, Turn Off - use Wi-Fi only option; which will let the voice data get downloaded in mobile data too
- If you don't want voice data automatically download at all, Turn Off - Auto-update voices
- Or you can manually download/stop pending voice data from "install voice data" - click download/stop button for the language data in notification, under google text-to-speech setting
Reboot the device

5. I'm unable to see/switch animation effect in recent app tray tried everything & I'm using latest Developer ROM, How do I enable it back?
Solution:
- Go to settings - battery & performace - system animations  - set it to - "show system animations"
- Reboot your phone when asked
- After that, in recent apps tray on upper right side you will see a button, press it
- You should be able to get that effects now

6. My Band 2 Sleep Data is showing incorrect sleep data at times it was fine before, what do I do?
A. It's being worked upon with utmost priority, new update should most probably fix that issues.

7. For Some of my devices like Redmi 2, Redmi Note 4g, No weekly updates are getting released, why updates are getting cancelled for them?
A. This is normal not always an update is guranteed, dont see it as a cease of development until and unless it's officially announced.
Even RN3 didn't get update for consecutive weeks being a new device.
Sometimes, because of the different android base one device needs update to fix some issues while the other don't, also updates are checked before release not to break users' daily usability with the device so if it has a bug that can affect users, leaving their devices unsuitable for daily use update might get cancelled.

8. While using cleaner in security app, when I select particular app & want to add one of the element of app to exception list to stop clearing, upon long press to add exception it says "Can't add this file to exception" what do I do to reset it, I'm on latest Developer ROM??
Solution:
- This is because of the change in definition provider in your cleaner settings of security app
- Go to security app - settings - cleaner
- Under Definitions - set it to - clean master
- Now rescan, hold the element in results & you would be able to add elements to exception while cleaning.

9. I deleted my messages from my device, but after reflashing to logging out/in from mi cloud, I'm getting all my messages back. How do I permanenly delete them?
- They must have been synced back to device from cloud if you were using the same
Solution:
- Go to Mi Cloud website
- Login with your MI account credentials
- Under messages delete the unwanted ones
Now they are permanently deleted, it won't sync back in next cycle/login

10. If I lock my device on specific remote control open from Mi remote app, unlocking has a problem.- Remote app has a feature which makes it available on lock screen too without unlocking & you can control it
- So, upon first input of fp/button the screen lighten up and makes remote availabe on lockscreen and on pressing back button it will ask you to unlock depending upon how you unlocked first time.
- You can turn these feature off completely, to do this go to specific remote - three dots - show controls on lockscreen - turn it off

----------
That's it for now folks!
we will see you in next installment with all new questions from your side. Keep questioning, keep MIUIing.
Have any Questions, Comments or Feedback about MIUI, share with us below in the comment box, in MIUI Feedback Or MIUI Q&A section

Related Articles:
[Feature Optimization] MIUI Music Player: Redesigned Now Playing Page & More
[Feature Explained] Automated Tasks - Customized Tasks At Your Customized Ease
[Feature Explained] Privacy Protection Password - Your Unified Privacy Option
All You Want To Know About MIUI 8
How To Flash MIUI 8 Stable Or Developer ROM
[Fabulous MIUI Tips Ep.4] Hide Your Messages with this Special MIUI Feature
[Fabulous MIUI Tips Ep.3] 4 Swift Shortcuts You Can Leverage on your Mi Phones
Power At Last - 20 Tips For Good Battery Backup!

Single Poll thread Total 64 Users Voted

81.25% (52)

18.75% (12)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 6 Experience +43 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-11-14 18:18:57
Favorites39 RateRate
nice and one of the most informative thread to the new users
2016-11-15 10:57:31
Need Help? PM me or Tag me in your Post.
Mi FC Pune President.

Master Bunny

SIVARAMAN N | from Redmi Note 3

very good and useful thread
2016-11-16 08:01:18

Semi Pro Bunny

1585985571 | from Redmi Note 3

I am using Hide feature in redmi note3 but the picture are shown that they hide but when i go to hide albums  it not show any pictures in this folder how can i get back my photos in hide album
2016-11-16 08:11:15

Semi Pro Bunny

I am using Hide feature in redmi note3 but the picture are shown that they hide but when i go to hide albums  it not show any pictures in this folder how can i get back my photos in hide album
2016-11-16 08:11:37

Semi Pro Bunny

2016-11-16 08:11:57

Semi Pro Bunny

2016-11-16 08:12:34
Useful thread for new users
2016-11-16 08:26:23

Admin

R0user Author |

Edited by R0user at 2016-11-16 08:44 AM
1585985571 replied at 2016-11-16 08:11 AM
I am using Hide feature in redmi note3 but the picture are shown that they hide but when i go to hid ...

Hello there,

- if you opened photo and then used "hide" Option, your photo will be saved in a hidden album which is in cloud
you can access that photos by, go to gallery - switch to "albums"  - now drag your finger down until it asks for password - enter the password and there you will have your photos

- if you used "hide" on whole album in albums tab - your whole album will be hidden from listing in the gallery app but photos are still saved locally
to access them - go to settings - system apps - gallery - click "hidden albums", going back to galley will show you your hidden album now

Do check this thread for better understanding of this feature - https://in.c.mi.com/in/thread-44862-1-0.html
Hope it clear out your issue

Regards,
R0user
2016-11-16 08:42:10
i m trying to install Dolby atom app on my note 3g but installation fails plz suggest way
2016-11-16 08:43:57

Advanced Bunny

637529749ashu | from app

screen shot
2016-11-16 08:46:07