In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[Other] [Fabulous MIUI Tips Ep.5 ] Unique Ways to Wake Your Phone Screen

2016-11-17 16:03:04
12673 262

Hello Mi Fans,

It is time for Thursday Fabulous MIUI tips, and we have reached our fifth edition of this thread! Users having been sending PMs to request for the next feature of the MIUI tips and I am glad to find out a few features that are new and useful. Keep them coming in! Also, do post the features you would like to see being featured in the upcoming weeks. This week, I will be sharing with you about the evolution of phones, the different ways to wake your screen, and the non-traditional way to wake your screen on Mi phones (Find out more below).

For those who are new to this thread, I am happy to introduce you to the Fabulous MIUI Tips that features the features on MIUI. Every week, I will be bringing to you features of MIUI that you may or may not know in a fun and interactive way. Hope that all, if not most Mi Fans will find them useful.

We all know about the evolution of phones when they are developed back in 1973.

In your first generation, you get your first phone developed by Motorola.

Umm... I guess you won't be able unlock the screen.
Let's move to phones that we know!
Nokia: Definitely a phone that we have used in the past! Do you remember how we unlock the phone by pressing the menu button, followed by the * key on the bottom right.
Motorola flip phones: Phones that can be unlocked by flipping open the phone! Remember how you used to flick them out like Tom Cruise in his Mission Impossible movies?
Blackberry: Before the iPhone was launched, this blackberry was the trustworthy device that allows you to check your email, surf net on slow browsers and take calls. If you remember, you can press the button on the top of the phone to unlock the screen.

How about this sliding phone where you can slide the phone up immediately to wake the phone. No buttons required to wake the phone up! Anyway, is anyone still using these phones nowadays?
Finally, we get our latest touchscreen phones. In most of these phones, the default way of waking the screen up would be pressing the power button on the side of the screen. However, do you know that there is another cool way of doing so on your Mi phone?

Feature description
This is the feature that is available on Mi phones (Note: This feature is not available for all Mi phones)

1) Go to settings page and tap on the display option

In the display page, toggle: double tap screen to wake

Now, you will be able to double tap your screen to wake your phone, while in lock screen mode.

Will you use this function, or do you prefer the traditional way? Comment below!

Previous threads:

[Ep. 4] Hide Your Messages with this Special MIUI Feature - https://in.c.mi.com/in/thread-48300-1-0.html
[Ep. 3] 4 Swift Shortcuts You Can Leverage on your Mi Phones - https://in.c.mi.com/in/thread-47097-1-0.html
[Ep. 2] 3 Cool Ways to Arrange your Apps on the Home Screen! - https://in.c.mi.com/in/thread-45517-1-0.html
[Ep. 1] Things you NEVER knew you could do on your Mi phone - https://in.c.mi.com/in/thread-43640-1-0.htm

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +3 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-11-17 16:03:04
Favorites25 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Bhavesh Malviya | from Redmi 3S

Well Double Tap Option is not there for my Redmi 3s Prime..
2016-11-17 16:20:44

Advanced Bunny

Kumar_pradeep | from Redmi 3S

it is in miui 8.1.10
2016-11-17 16:26:38

Advanced Bunny

arvind14798 | from Redmi 3S

I will use this function. It is awsm.
2016-11-17 16:56:28

Grand Master Bunny

Gowthi | from MI MAX

thanks for the information.
been using it.
2016-11-17 17:20:18

Semi Pro Bunny

NilajMi | from Redmi 3S

not available in Redmi 3s
2016-11-17 17:25:18
I am using Double Tap for my Mi 4i.
2016-11-17 17:30:36

Mi FC President

MiRakesh | from Redmi Note 3

I will use this function. It is awsm.

in which mi phone you use this feature bro can you tell me weather its available for redmi note 3 or not
2016-11-17 17:35:14

Pro Bunny

Shubh@m tripathi | from Redmi 3S

thanks for the sharing
2016-11-17 17:57:28
Mi Fan

Master Bunny

Ash126 | from Redmi 3S

Hopefully it will be in all Mi phones soon..
2016-11-17 19:00:34

Master Bunny

BeingBishal | from MI MAX

I'm using this Feature and Loving it On My "Mi Max" :)
2016-11-17 21:20:22