In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[MIUI Review] MIUI 8: Everything you want to know about upgraded Note app!

2016-07-13 21:34:13
36482 125
Edited by Bingo220 at 2016-07-13 10:03 PM

Hey Mi fans,
                    Its time to upgrade, Its time for MIUI 8. After the launch event of MIUI 8 in New Delhi, Many are excited to use and experience the new MIUI i.e MIUI 8. MIUI 8 is super loaded with many interesting features and upgradation. If you are late or have missed Whats new in MIUI 8, Then you should take a glance at this Thread (Click Mi ). There are many features and upgradation in MIUI 8 of which we will take a deep tour one by one. But Today lets start with MIUI 8 Note App.
      Having a Note app in our Mi device is pretty handy into our day to day life. It is very useful when you have to jot down something important and you forgot to bring your Diary and Pen. Also Smartphone is something which we do not forget while going outside, Like Me, I may forget to carry my wallet with me but I will never forget to carry my Mi phone when going out. So, Its better to have something important in our phone itself rather than carrying Diary and Pen which you may forget when needed. And trust me, Its the Pen which you will not find when needed, Its a myth. So better jot down everything in your phone and keep the info with you when needed.

List View and Grid View

MIUI 8 enhances your Note app experience. When you open the Note app, You can see all your Notes in Grid view. If you are not comfortable with grid view then you can always switch to list view. All you have to do is to just tap on the 3 horizontol lines on top right corner in Note app and there you get the option. Also if you are among that person who like his/her note in perfect arrangement then on top right corner there is a New Folder option. Tap on it, Create a new fodler and organise your Notes sytematically.

Adding Photos and Cards in Note
Tap on + Symbol in bottom right corner to create a Note. Start writing whetever you want to type. Now if you want to write some note in reference to some Image or Photo you have captured, You can include that in your note so that you will not miss anything next time you open that specific note.In the upgraded Note app you can set new cards for your Note. You can set new cards according to you which matches your note and mood. If you are going to write your Girl Friend's/Boy Friend's birthdate or some surprise you planning for her/him then do not forget to use Pink color card. You will get both options to add Photo and cards at the bottom of new Note.

Hiding and Sharing of Note
Now if a Note is important and has some private which you do not want to show it to anyone. Then just Open that note, tap on 3 dots on top right corner. There you will find Hide option. Tap on it to hide. To view the hidden note then just go to Note app, Drag the page down same way you enter private messaging feature or Hidden Files in Explorer of MIUI, You will be able to see the Hidden note.
Sharing Note is very easy in MIUI 8. You can share  Cards with your friends just by long pressing in that note which you want to share. Tap on the share option (last option), To share via many social apps.

Colorful List or Grid View
Suppose if you have created many Notes with beautiful and colorful cards or Notes with Photos. Then you will love viewing your Note app. List View and the Grid views looks colorful when you have saved Notes with colorful cards. Also you will get all the old functions of Note that it Color of text, Reminder, Send, Send as Image.

What do you think of this new Note app? Are you impressed? Upgraded Note app has enhanced your Note app experience?  Please mention in this thread.

Rate

Number of participants 17 Experience +34 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-07-13 21:34:13
Favorites15 RateRate

Master Bunny

karan mishra | from mobile

Cool features....!!
2016-07-13 21:37:19
Yet to use Note app but looks cool.
2016-07-13 21:38:21
Proud Mi Fan
It is a delight to use the new notes app. It seems more organised and easy to use.
2016-07-13 21:39:26
Mi Community India
I love it..Coz of miui we are delighted with the experience of using such a eye-catching Notes app. Thanks for the share :)
2016-07-13 21:42:45
When Curiosity Meets Knowledge, Innovation is Born!!
Photography Section Mod | Lead Photography Team and Club | Mi Pad Mod
Awesome thread :D
2016-07-13 21:43:12
nice thread the miui 8 note was very cool and its colourful also
2016-07-14 09:01:05
Very useful information and nice thread, thanks for sharing it with all community.
2016-07-14 09:04:01
I'm Sofia, Mi Comm Team Member.

Semi Pro Bunny

Surjyendu | from mobile

Awesome....
2016-07-14 09:04:50
Wow...thanks for the detailed review
2016-07-14 09:30:44
Telegram: @michaelliao07
Twitter: @michaelliao07

Miui Global Beta Tester
Additional Current Device