Edited by R0user at 2016-12-30 08:38 AM |
Hello Mi Fans,
We are approching to the end of the year 2016 and I'm pretty sure you all people must have marked your calendar entries for the crazy 31st december party. Well this week we also have something about your calendar entries as well. We are improving your experience on MIUI calendar entries of birthdays of your pals. Yes we know your pain of forgetting someone's birthday and then getting tortured for like the next birthday
Starting from 6.12.29 there is an option to integrate birthday details from your contacts of any account to directly in MIUI calender, all you to do is import the data, this works across all the contacts whether they are stored in Hotmail, MI Account or any other*. We will see how you can achieve that step by step.If you are looking for importing Birthdays from facebook, Click Here
Import Birthdays from Contacts to Calendar
Before we discuss importing birthdays know that it requires your contacts (synced ones and new) to have Birthday entry field. For those who dont know how to achieve that in new contact:
- Open contacts - press (+) to create new contact (select desired account) - add another field - birthday
[How To Import]:
Step 1: Open MIUI calender app. Press (+) Select - birthday icon
Step 2: Select "Import Birthdays From Contacts" option - Select the entries - Press "Import". You are done!
3.png (110.79 KB, Downloads: 20)
2016-12-29 16:06:57 Upload
4.png (142.4 KB, Downloads: 23)
2016-12-29 16:07:00 Upload
- *Creating new contact on google account and if same google account is added in calendar, then no need to manually import birthdays as it will be synced automatically.
- You will be presented with the entries to import if any of your contacts (from any synced account) has birthday data stored in.
- Contacts added in google+ will be shown by default for their birthdays so no import option for them.
- Once imported, the entries will still show up next time but marked as Imported before.
- Holidays entry will be underlined in calendar while birthdays will be shown with dots under them
Personal Hotspot Recognized by iOS Devices
You must be thinking what is the difference now, we were able to share the internet before too with our iOS devices. Well the difference is that, before if you would share the hotspot from your Mi device it was looked up by IOS device as an Wi-Fi access point, not as personal hotspot.
How does that make difference?
Know that if the AP is recognized as Personal Hotspot it will limit the large data to be transferred & save you from extra bandwidth/data usage.
Step 1. Go to settings - Personal hotspot - Set up portable hotspot
Step 2. Change the AP Identification as iPhone - click ok, That's it!
Now your hotspot will be visible to iphone as hotspot and not as Wi-Fi, saving data for you.
- If you are sharing across android devices then change of AP identificatio isn't necessary.
That's it for now guys!
If you have question,suggestion or feedback regarding this do let us know in the comments or in MIUI Feedback section.
Wish you a very Happy New Year in advance!
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .