Edited by R0user at 2017-02-17 10:07 PM |
Hello, Mi Fans!
TGIF! & today we are giving you one more reason to be happy about. Starting from 7.2.16, MIUI Developer ROM will come with a feature called Text Editing In Photo Editor. On a special request from you Mi Fans the default photo editor in MIUI Gallery app will now consist the text editing module too, removing a burden of downloading one more app from play store. With this inclusion you can manipulate your images with text for better explanation and of course for meme creation with your extra special one liners. No more alone doodling, express with texts too!
I know you wouldn't want to miss this update so if you haven't yet updated, open up your updater app or fetch the links for 7.2.16 from here or here. Now Let's take a detailed look inside of this feature & what it's comprised of:
Where it's located?
Open Gallery - Open image you want to edit - Edit - Text, there it is.
Options & Features
Opening the text editing option you will find total four options to select from Bubble, Color, Font, Opacity. we will see how each one manipulates the text on the screen,
- It decides the Text bubble style on the image, you can choose the simple text, square thought bubble or round thought bubble for better expressing the content.
2.png (144.62 KB, Downloads: 23)
2017-02-17 09:58:05 Upload
3.png (150.5 KB, Downloads: 22)
2017-02-17 09:58:09 Upload
- As the title suggests, it lets you change the color of the text being displayed.
- One of the awesome and good thing while choosing the color from the color strip is it actually pops up the current selection which seems very practical, reduces the extra trials for right color selection
4.png (126.06 KB, Downloads: 23)
2017-02-17 09:58:12 Upload
5.png (156.57 KB, Downloads: 26)
2017-02-17 09:58:17 Upload
- You can choose your desired font face from the given three options for the text being displayed currently.
6.png (125.96 KB, Downloads: 19)
2017-02-17 09:58:23 Upload
7.png (126.08 KB, Downloads: 17)
2017-02-17 09:58:26 Upload
- With opacity, you can adjust the opacity of the text to make it blend in the current image or let it pop out.
8.png (124.4 KB, Downloads: 17)
2017-02-17 09:58:29 Upload
9.png (123.13 KB, Downloads: 25)
2017-02-17 09:58:33 Upload
Text Size, Placement & Bubble Orientation
Along with main four options, basic text handling options are there too right on the editing screen. No matter which four editing screen you are on you can call them which helps you with changing size of the font, moving or editing the text, along with one specific bubble related function.
- Clicking the pencil icon will let you edit the text before you save it at anyt time during editing
10.png (146.26 KB, Downloads: 20)
2017-02-17 09:58:38 Upload
11.png (94.83 KB, Downloads: 23)
2017-02-17 09:58:41 Upload
- To move the text simply touch the text box with one finger and move around and place it wherever you like.
12.png (152.03 KB, Downloads: 24)
2017-02-17 09:58:44 Upload
13.png (124.9 KB, Downloads: 22)
2017-02-17 09:58:48 Upload
Size & Rotation:
- To change the size of the text click double arrowed icon, hold & zoom in or out with one finger until you get your desired font size
- To rorate the text box, click double arrowed icon, hold & circle it around; in clockwise or anticlockwise manner.
14.png (150.58 KB, Downloads: 27)
2017-02-17 09:58:53 Upload
15.png (159.59 KB, Downloads: 23)
2017-02-17 09:58:56 Upload
Bubble Thought Orientation:
- This was very thoughtful implementation I must say! Imagine you selected round or square thought bubble to place and you want to place it at the the end of the image then thought direction could be a problem and so this let's you change that.
all you have to do is, click the icon as depicted in below image and it will change that orientation for you, amazing right?
16.png (163.35 KB, Downloads: 25)
2017-02-17 09:59:00 Upload
17.png (164.5 KB, Downloads: 21)
2017-02-17 09:59:04 Upload
That's it for now folks! What do you think about this additions let us know in the comments below, for your valuable suggestions, feedback & Q&A over MIUI headover to MIUI Feedback or MIUI Q&A sections.
How many times I can add the text this way?
- You can add as many times you want after clicking done for one.
I want to use other fonts, is it possible?
- No, currently you have to use the limited font face provided.
I can't see this in my device?
- Currently it's only for the Global Developer ROM, stay tuned to community for stable devices.
How do I update to the latest Developer Version?
- Refer to this thread here & link for 7.2.16 in description in start.