| Edited by R0user at 2017-03-02 12:10 AM |
Hello, Mi Fans!
MIUI Developer ROM 7.2.24 came little late this time but came so right with so many new features along with the bug fixes. Out of them two must be mentioned are countdown timer and anniversary reminder, both adds what has been always wanted to our calendar app making it more and more feature rich and helping you not to miss anything important. While countdown timer will help you counting something important passing each day then anniversary reminder will save you from the taunt "you forgot, again!" line; not only this but this time you will have answer to "which yearly anniversary is this?" rapidfire, and with timely reminder before 3 days you will have enough time purchasing the favourite gift.
We will check them out in action one by one, so if you haven't downloaded 7.2.24 yet then check your updater app today or download it here.
1. Open calendar app - Press +
2. Select "Countdown" from the list.
- Add the countdown timer subject in "Content".
- Add the actual day/date of your count down subject in "When".
- Add to Remind time in "Reminder" .
- While adding reminder time you can choose if you want be reminded before 3 days also.
1.png (34.69 KB, Downloads: 52)
2017-02-28 17:57:22 Upload
2.png (44.2 KB, Downloads: 56)
2017-02-28 17:57:23 Upload
3. Clicking "Ok" will save it and you are done.
- You will be reminded with notification and in app as well, for your countdown event.
- If you have chosen to be reminded before 3 days as well then you will be reminded accordingly before 3 days as well.
- Clicking the notification (or inside the calendar app) will lead you to this nice screen with details.
3.png (34.42 KB, Downloads: 52)
2017-02-28 17:57:25 Upload
4.png (301.9 KB, Downloads: 47)
2017-02-28 17:57:30 Upload
5.png (566.24 KB, Downloads: 47)
2017-02-28 17:57:38 Upload
6.png (305.31 KB, Downloads: 48)
2017-02-28 17:57:44 Upload
1. Open calendar app - press +
2. Select "Anniversary" from the upper list
- Add anniversary/yearly occassion name in "content"
- Add/edit exact date of anniversary or yearly reminder in "When" field (incase you want to add something from the past e.g your marriage anniversary)
- Choose reminder time in "Reminder" field, also if you want to get reminded before 3 days as well then select "remind 3 days in advance as well" too.
1.png (19.7 KB, Downloads: 51)
2017-02-28 18:01:01 Upload
2.png (269.22 KB, Downloads: 48)
2017-02-28 18:01:05 Upload
3. That's it you are done, now you will be reminded as per your set time and preference.
- You will be served with notification, clicking which will give you nice designed related picture with details on it, which can further be deleted or edited by pressing three dot menu.
3.png (264.83 KB, Downloads: 43)
2017-02-28 18:01:10 Upload
4.png (265.55 KB, Downloads: 46)
2017-02-28 18:01:15 Upload
If you somehow missed previous article on it then it has been explained here in detail - Click Here
That's it for now!If you have any query, suggestions or feedback regarding these new features let us know in the comments, visit MIUI Feedback or MIUI Q&A section.
To which date I add my anniversary, current or actual event date?
- While creating anniversary reminder, add the exact date/month/year of event from the past in "when" details which will show the exact counts to present when reminded.
I can't see this feature in my phone, why?
- You might be on Stable ROM that's why, it is currently available in Developer ROM only.
I found something which isn't working as expected in this feature, where do I report?
- Let us know in MIUI feedback - bug section about it and we will get it reported.