Hello, Mi Fans!
Good News! Seems like incessant raining of new features will not stop anytime soon now & this week's update of Global Developer ROM 7.3.2 is no different. This week's update came with a feature called "Album Rename", an inclusion really needed. Now you can rename your cloud albums right from phone, along with the local ones. accompanying it there's a feature called "Discount Calculator" from 7.2.24 addressing the problem you had with percetange calculation with MIUI 8 Calculator, we will cover that also. We will see both in action step by step below, meanwhile if you haven't yet updated to 7.3.2 then fire up your updater app right away or fetch the links from here.
Cloud & Local, With a Twist
Now you can rename the albums in gallery app, not only those which are on cloud but local ones from the third party apps as well, without changing actual names on storage path which is really awesome.
1. To Change the album name, all you have to do is "Long press the album and press 'Rename' option", change and you are done.
- It can be any album from cloud or local ones from other albums list.
R01.png (82.47 KB, Downloads: 26)
2017-03-04 03:31:02 Upload
R02.png (59.28 KB, Downloads: 37)
2017-03-04 03:31:04 Upload
- Renaming the local album will not affect the path folder name, e.g. If I rename the album called "Facebook" to "Test" It will be renamed but on file explorer and real path folder name will still be "Facebook", this way you can keep your gallery more neat to find your stuff without affecting third party app's functionality.
R3.png (48.41 KB, Downloads: 28)
2017-03-04 03:23:13 Upload
R4.png (38.19 KB, Downloads: 28)
2017-03-04 03:23:15 Upload
Since the start of MIUI 8, users were getting confused with discount/percentage calculation on calculator. There was nothing wrong but we all wished that it would have been good if it could calculate the way we are used to more often. Let's check before and after with the help of screenshots:
1. Suppose we want to calculate 15% discount on 200, we would press buttons in this sequence in general,
Now before the answer would be 199.85, but we were expecting something different, but now with this feature the answer is 170 which we were expecting and it's what we are used to more.
D1.png (52.01 KB, Downloads: 26)
2017-03-04 03:23:05 Upload
D2.png (47.54 KB, Downloads: 25)
2017-03-04 03:23:07 Upload
199.85 wasn't thewrong answer because it calculated as, 200 - 15% = 200 - (15%) = 200 - (0.15) = 199.85, but in general use we want everything done in one step.
Let's not get into much math here as I know you are I both aren't much interested in it; all we wanted was to calculate discount in one step and we are getting it now.
Why renaming of local albums doesn't change the original name in path?
- Suppose you change the album name and if it changes the name in path (folder in explorer) as well, then third party app will think it's folder is gone and so it will create new one, and you will end up duplicate folders in gallery.
Why I can't see this feature in my phone?
- This is currently available in Global Developer ROM only, It will come in Stable ROM soon too.
That's it for now folks!
If you have any query, suggestion or feedback regarding this feature let us know in comments, or headover to MIUI Feedback or MIUI Q&A section.