In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2

Tech With Furqaan
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Review&Unboxing] Mi A2 Review: Truly, 2 Is Better Than 1

2018-07-31 14:22:01
130582 248

Hello Mi Fans,

Xiaomi is back with yet another phone in it's Android One line-up. And it's the Mi A2! The Mi A2 also accompanies the Stock Android with top-notch hardware from Mi same as the Mi A1. I am here to share a review of Mi A2 with all of you! I am certain you will without a doubt going to love perusing the review! In this way, Mi Fans buckle up yourself and enjoy reading the review!

Let's first look at the quick highlights of the Mi A2
Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ 660
5.99 "FHD  18: 9 full-screen screen
Dual camera 12 + 20 MP with AI
20 MP front camera
Beauty mode 4.0 with AI
3010 mAh
Android One

Astonishing Design

The Mi A2 comes with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 screen that provides a great experience with a high-resolution touch screen that is resistant to falls as well. It is equipped with 5.99 "FHD + 18:9 full-screen screen with PPI 403 and contrast ratio of 1500: 1. Mi A2's 2.5D curved glass display is very attractive and is the best companion for reading, gaming, and watching videos. Not only this, the glass is durable as well since it comes with the topmost durable Gorilla Glass 5.

The Front

On the rear side of the phone, the camera is placed in a vertical side followed by a fingerprint sensor in the middle same as the previous Mi A1 that makes the phone looks gorgeous as well as classy.

The Rear

On the right side of the phone, there is a volume button followed by the power button to lock/unlock as well as power on/off the phone. The sleek design of 7.3 mm makes the phone stand out among other competitive smartphones.

The Right

On the left, there's nothing much but a sim tray slot that supports double slot for the nano-SIM card. The lesser the components, the more elegant the device looks!

The Left

The top side of the Mi A2 comes with a Mic and IR Blaster. The pleasant look of A2 from the top is breathtaking, isn't it?

The Top

Talking about the bottom, from the left first comes the speaker followed by a USB Type C port and then the microphones. No headphone jack this time. But don't worry you will get a connector from USB Type C to Audio jack 3.5 so you can listen to songs without having any hiccups!

The Bottom

Remarkable Android One OS

Just like the Mi A1, Mi A2 also comes with the Android One OS that makes the phone from Xiaomi and powered by Google. The Android One is a heart of the A2 that come equipped with the latest innovations in Google AI. This means that it can adjust itself according to your needs and help you to do things more easily in your day to day life.

App Drawer!

Mi A2 accompanies the Android 8.1 out of the box and Google guarantees to give Android P soon! Also, much the same as the Android One Smartphones Mi A2 will get updates for next 2 years with the goal that you can remain up and get an opportunity to early access new and creative highlights ideal from Google's production line! Like Mi A1 you get Google Photos lets you securely store a boundless number of photographs and recordings and access them from any gadget for nothing. It's great to store photographs with boundless distributed storage, on account of Android One for the same.

Up-to-date!

Magnificient Camera

So here comes the best part of the story. The Camera! Mi A2 also is equipped with the dual camera setup with 12 MP + 20 MP with AI based on the Sony light sensors and the large aperture of ƒ / 1.75 which will allow you to choose the best one according to your configuration. It also comes with cool features like a defocused background in Flash portrait mode with a single color temperature, light-enhancing technology, HDR image technology, Panorama mode, Burst mode, Facial recognition and Beauty mode 4.0 with AI Group selfie.

Take clearer photos during the day, thanks to the 12 MP lens and its 1.25 μm pixels. Also, get brighter photos in low light situations with the help of the 20 MP lens and the 4-in-1 super pixel, based on pixel binning technology. That's not all, the ultra-large 2 μm pixels are 4 times more sensitive to light. Exciting isn't it? Then let's take a look at some great shots through Mi A2.

Oh, wait! That's not all about the camera part, Mi A2 comes with the super awesome 20 MP front camera with features like Portrait mode with AI, Semantic segmentation with AI, Beauty mode 4.0 with IA, HDR, Soft light for 4500 K selfie and Face-recognition. Wanna have a look at some selfie shots? Check below!

I am pretty damn sure that you have already fallen in love with the all-new Mi A2, but wait there are more things to praise in the Mi A2!

Stunning Performance

Mi A2 comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE processor with the 14 nm FinFET processor that provides fluid control and performance at the level of the most emblematic smartphones and shows high performance while consuming less energy. The Adreno ™ 512 high-performance GPU generates virtually real images with the speed up to 2.2 GHz for consistent and robust performance.

How can I stop myself from trying the all-new Asphalt 9 on the Mi A2? And trust me, you won't believe the Mi A2 handled the game so well that even if you don't like to play games, it will insist you try at least once. Mark my words!!!

I tried the Antutu Benchmark scores and the results are something that will make you love the phone more. Check out below the Antutu Score of the Mi A2.

127,896 pretty impressive!

It scores 12,7896 on the Antutu Benchmark! What else do I need to state in the context to performance? The results are in front of your eyes. Mi A2 takes the performance to a next level.

Mind Blowing Battery

Battery! It's something that we all are concerned for. Mi A2 comes with 3010 mAh non-removable battery which supports QC 4+ fast charging and USB Type-C double-sided charging interface that can last more than a day and a half while in moderate usage and trust me, you can rely me on that! Check out t he battery stats in the moderate usage with a bit of gaming, video playback, and music! The results are seriously MIND BLOWING!

While in moderate usage, the Mi A2 gave me battery like of 1 day 23 hours and 19 mins with SOT of 6 hours and 10 mins, isn't it extraordinary? Getting this much battery even is high-end smartphone is tough these days but Mi A2 has got your back! It saves juice so you can enjoy clicking photos, listening to music and watching your favorite TV shows!

My Thoughts

The build quality, feel in the hand and general task - particularly because of Android One - makes it a smooth and competent phone at a cost that no other smartphone and compete. That makes the Mi A2 standout! So if you are looking for a smartphone with a great camera both front and rear with a great battery life with the price of just Rs. 16,999 then Mi A2 is the best choice for you and you will never regret this decision!

Hope you like the Review! Don't forget to tell us your views about the Mi A2 in the comments below!
2018-07-31 14:22:01
Favorites141 RateRate
Tech With Furqaan
You would be having questions in your minds that how any technology or gadget works? I am here to clear your doubts related to Technology with Tech With Furqaan Series.
19 Article Description     260 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Master Bunny

Nayan Deb 1 | from Redmi 5A

yes indeed
2018-08-08 17:16:27

meetgour | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Awesome Review!!
2018-08-08 17:18:23

Techie Team

Solver13 | from Redmi Note 4

Wow! Awesome Review! and yes the Mi A2 is truly better than Mi A1. Thanks For Sharing:-)
2018-08-08 17:19:19
Enjoyed your review! Very detailed information. Mi A2 is Awesome :)
2018-08-08 17:21:26

Pro Bunny

Saurabh Rai | from Redmi Y1

Great review Furqaan Bhai, thanks for the details
2018-08-08 17:24:02
Awesome Review!!
Nice 1  Open Box Review!!
thnkas for shreing .

2018-08-08 17:29:20

Sam_crazy | from Redmi Note 4

wow! Mi A2 is just amazing. Photo clearity gives completion to DSLR Quality. Indeed treat specially for stock android lovers.
2018-08-08 17:36:33
Awesome Review :-)
2018-08-08 17:51:48

Ezzeldin Elbengy | from Mi MIX 2S

Wow. ❤️Amazing review ❤️and ur the best super moderater and my best brother furqaan ❤️ezzeldin from Egypt ur brother
2018-08-08 17:52:52

Techie Team

Sampath madurai | from Redmi Note 4

Nice Thanks for your information
2018-08-08 19:53:54