In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

Let's Debate
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Other] [Let's Debate #5]: MIUI ROM vs Other ROMs

2018-08-15 02:01:19
19266 369

Hello MIUI'ers,

Firstly, Happy Independance Day to all the Mi Fans.

We are celebrating 8th Anniversary of MIUI, as MIUI ROM was one of the very first product launched by Xiaomi even before Mi Phones. The journey started with MIUI 1 and now we are on MIUI 10. MIUI blends the advantage of hardware along with smart software solutions to create a unique UI experience.
Every Thrusday we come up with a debate topic. As usual Today I have come up with an interesting topic.

Any Guesses?

It's none but your OS, which enhances the device's performance and makes it more user-friendly for the users. Xiaomi believes in "Innovation for Everyone", so with every year we experienced new additions and optimisations in OS from MIUI 1 to MIUI 10. Lets know something more about MIUI which makes it unique and gives an edge over other ROMs.
Let's debate what gives MIUI ROM an edge over other ROMs.

Which ROM do you use, and what featues you love in them?
Have some points to debate? Great, we would like to hear them!

Features of MIUI ROM to get you started:
  • AI Camera: MIUI brings AI algorithm into its software which can now blur the background on your portrait shots. You don’t need a DSLR and, even more importantly, a dual camera phone to make your photos look stunning and professional (Single Camera too).
  • App Vault: With app vault feature you can get Search, Shortcuts, Call-a-cab, Calendar events, Notes, Cricket, PNR check, Trending apps.
  • Full-Screen Display Gestures: We have got soft key options and removed the buttons from hardware and replaced them with soft keys. This was not fully utilizing the extra screen space, so we made another step and took it further - Full-screen gesture (Replacing buttons with gestures was which allowes to free up some space on your screen).
  • MIUI Calendar app: Redesigned UI with horscope, news, cricket, football and panchang cards also with Inviting guests and saving birthdays, anniversary and countdown events.
  • Mi Drop app: A standalone app to transfer data, music, system apps, photos & albums, music and a lot more features which can provide transfer speed upto 50Mbps.
  • MIUI Browser: MIUI has its own default browser with lots of features like different strings, search engines, data saver mode, incognito mode, etc.
  • MIUI Music: Default muisc player which has options of both online and offline Music with dynamic lyrics and music videos through tie-up with Hungama.
  • MIUI Video: Default video player having online contents in tie-up with many content providers and having different categories including TV shows, Movies, Music, Short films, Animal and Auto.
  • Other features: Wallpaper Courosel, Editing photos & videos in gallery, Quickball, 3-finger Screenshot, Switch between split screen, Dual apps, Network test, Second space, Scrolling Screenshot & many more.
  • Quick Messaging in Menu: Messaging app with SMS Sender ID feature along with Quick options which will give you a set of convenient options for the conversation.
  • Recent Menu: A new recent tabs space with features: Maximized screen space, Full screen gestures, Swipe to delete tasks, Long press for more options.
  • Rediscover the sound of nature: The Natural sounds you actually hear & feel rather than mechanical. Even using a thing as stressful as the timer becomes relaxing: Ambient Noises keeps playing throughout the countdown, are much more soothing than an alarming beep at the end.
  • Regular updates: Weekly Beta rom updates with timely stable updates after successful testing.
  • Split Screen: Split screen feature for most of the Devices.
  • Swipe Response: It is the time required by the system to react to the swiping motion of your finger. The lower swipe response is, the 'smoother' the UI feels. MIUI responds to swipe when you browse your photos, surf the web, or chat in a messenger amazingly fast. In terms of swipe response, MIUI is ahead of other Android phones, and even iOS devices.
  • System Optimisation: Launch speed boost, Dynamic resource allocation, Lock-free critical path, Deep-sleep recovery, Co-dependent prioritisation, Cache management with real time defragmentation, etc.
  • Scan QR codes: Easily Scan QR codes of PayTM using default camera.
  • System apps: Scanner app, Screen-recording app, Mail app, Weather app, Calculator app, Notes app, File Manager and Security app to ensure rich experience to users.

Without further delay, let's start the debate!
MIUI ROM Vs Other ROMs.

Let us know your points below in comments, which one you like and for what features?

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-08-15 02:01:19
Favorites192 RateRate
Let's Debate
We come up weekly with a debate thread, highlighting the MIUI apps and features which gives an edge to it
41 Article Description     316 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Master Bunny

174972434 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

PNR not available for stable version
2018-08-15 02:05:14

Apiyush265 Author |

MIUI is best OS I have experience, no lags and smooth and fast with many inbuilt apps giving lots of feature
2018-08-15 02:09:46
Nice feature after update
2018-08-15 06:28:34
Stock is the best, lots of bloatware in MIUI
2018-08-15 06:28:46

Rookie Bunny

Cedwin | from app

Miui has horrible memory optimization and is bad at resource management.
Miui also kills the battery life of the device due to it's heavy custom skin.miui has a lot of services but these services really need heavy refining to improve.
2018-08-15 06:53:45

Pro Bunny

mehtab s | from app

Miui is feature-centered, but stock os has stability and performance.To illustrate my argument, my friend's redmi note 3 with stock Android runs circles around mine that runs miui 9.5.6
2018-08-15 06:54:48

Rookie Bunny

Chandhru.m | from app

Not compare any rom...miui best
2018-08-15 06:55:18
I love miui, that's all. No further explanation is needed i think. Still the best feature that i use most in miui os is the 3 finger down screenshot and Scrolling screenshot.
2018-08-15 07:01:30

Master Bunny

Kumarjeet 1641554309 | from Redmi Note 4

Voted for miui os. My best feature which i need and use everyday is 3 finger swipe down screenshot & Scrolling screenshot.
2018-08-15 07:02:26

Pro Bunny

k4 kashish | from app

Because of stock android is best and lightweight ui and also delivers more performance and guarantee updates
2018-08-15 07:02:37
[img]https://cdn.awsind0-fusion.fds.api.mi-img.com/b2c-i18n-bbs-in/f5e8ad7ca8.jpg?thumb=1&w=776&h=15