In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5

Debate of the Week
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Other] [ #01 Debate of the week ] Are Tablets worth buying in 2018?

2018-09-23 02:19:19
5727 142
Hello Mi-Fans,
I hope you are having a great time in the community. This week we are here with a new Debate on whether Tablets are still worth buying in 2018. The first tablet prototype was introduced in Microsoft way back in 2001, so first let's learn a little about a little more about tablet pc's and then you decide whether they are still worth it.

What is a Tablet?
Tablets and are defined as flat, thin mobile computers that come fitted with a touchscreen display and a rechargeable battery. Over the past few years, tablet PCs have become so popular due to their great features, specialized apps, and portability. Tablets vary by operating system and processors. In simple words, a tablet is a smartphone like device with a much bigger screen  Some tablets use Android OS, others Windows OS while iPad tablets from Apple rely on iOS.

Pros of a Tablet

• Tablets are way more portable when compared to a Laptop and can be more helpful for work when compared to a mobile due to the larger screen.So, they can be great for people who travel a lot.
  • E-reading on tablets provide a much better experience due to the much larger screen the text appear big creating less strain when reading
  • Tablets make for a better experience when it comes to watching movies or Tv Shows thanks to the 7-10inch screen of a Tablet.
  • Touchscreen Gaming on Tablets is also great as a game appears on larger screen if your tablet has a decent processor.
  • They are a cheaper alternative to laptops and can do many tasks a laptop can.

The tablets were a great idea when introduced but with time it seems less logical to get a tablet. As a while back the Smartphones used to be 3.5" -4.5" in length and laptops had atleast 14" inches screen. So, something in between made a lot more sense with 7"-10" screen size. But, as the time has passed we have smartphones with also 6.4" displays and even more in some devices like Mi Max 3 which is almost the size of a Tablet yet way more portable..

Cons of Tablets
  • Yes, Tablets are more portable when compared with laptops but not as portable as smartphones as you can take your mobile anywhere you go.
  • Not actually a practical alternative to Laptop as a lot more can be done on Ultrabook when compared to a 2-in-1 tablet pc, due to the better hardware and processor in the Laptops.
  • The laptops are now also available in much smaller sizes ruling out the argument about portability.
  • The thin glass screens on tablet devices are not made for absorbing heavy impacts. Tablets are moved around a lot due to their lightweight and portable nature, which means there is the likelihood of the odd drop.
  • Smartphones are coming with much bigger screen sizes as the industry standard of screen size has increased to 5.99" from 4"-4.5" inch a few years ago.

These are some of the things that can be considered when it comes to tablets But, everything boils down to the personal preferences of the users. So, Do you think Tablets are worth buying in 2018?
End Time: 1969-12-31 07:00:00
VS
For 3
Yeah, They are worth considering. Tablets are great, they have huge screen which results in better experience when Gaming and Streaming Movies and Tv Series.
Against 18
No, Tablets are useless I can do all the tasks a tablet can do on my Phone. And Tablets aren\\\'t able to do perform all the tasks I\\\'m able do on my Laptop
Debater:1

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-09-23 02:19:19
Favorites115 RateRate
Debate of the Week
Weekly Debates on Hot topics in the smartphones and Tech
32 Article Description     175 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe
Nowadays smartphones are providing such services to their users which the tablets can't provide. So smartphones are better according to me.
2018-09-24 02:16:16
Tablets are not useful as a mobile and most mobiles as of now are large enough. But it still depends on usage. Mobile is definitely handier according to my view.
2018-09-24 09:41:23

Advanced Bunny

dheerajkaparthi | from MI MAX 2

yes.. tablets are worth buying in the fast growing technology coz, they can replace a laptop.
Primafacie, most of the people use laptops for basic tasks and official tasks like Excel, presentations or connecting to the company intranet using some apps that are custom built by the companies itself. so tablets along with a portable keyboard and mouse could replace the heavy weighing laptops who use laptops for basic functions.
Though tablets cannot be used in par with the laptops, they could to an extent replace them.
2018-09-24 09:46:15
I prefer smartphone
2018-09-23 06:26:56

Pro Bunny

Arpit Shivhare | from Redmi Note 5

Yeah, i also prefer smartphone
2018-09-23 12:52:31

Master Bunny

Shashidhar. J | from MI MAX

Nice information
2018-09-24 00:32:21

Pro Bunny

patel h | from Mi A1

thanks for sharing
2018-09-24 00:42:09

Master Bunny

Rahul0041 | from Redmi 4

India मे कब lounch होगा
2018-09-24 00:45:58

Read Only

Srihari krrish | from Redmi Note 3

I prefer smart phone
2018-09-24 01:05:23

Master Bunny

Godugu Srinivas Mudiraj | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

I prefer smartphone
2018-09-24 01:07:45

Rookie Bunny

adibcs93 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Buying table is waste of money
2018-09-24 01:19:29

Rookie Bunny

5151126008 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

the other day and I will be able to review the other day I would be great if you have a good day I will be able the other day I would like a good day I will have a good day I will be able the first time in
2018-09-24 01:21:59

Master Bunny

Rahul0041 | from Redmi 4

When coming android oreo in redmi 4
2018-09-24 01:25:32